Status: Active

There's Beauty in a Breakdown

Chapter 3

The bell rang to signal the end of the day and I got up and headed for the door. I got my stuff out of my locker and waited patiently for Jake who is coming over to my house tonight. I saw him walking down the hall putting on his 'HIM' hoodie. God he's cute- don't think that he's just your friend. Constantly, I have to stop myself from thinking about Jake as more than a friend.

"Hey Hannah.” Jake said coming up to me.

"Hi buddy.” I said as we walked out the door. Today, Jake and I decided to walk to my house; sometimes we do this just so we can have extra time to talk.

“So are you and Mike friends again?” Jake asked.

“Yes, he apologized as soon as I walked into class this morning.” I said. Jake just nodded. After that we were walking in silence, I couldn’t help but notice Jake getting closer and closer to me. He looked nervous which confused me, then I felt his hand grab mine.

"Sorry do you not want-". I stopped him.

"No I don't mind, it just surprised me". We walked to my house and I noticed my parents were both gone. As Jake and I walked in the door I let go of his hand and walked to the refridgerator; there was a note attached to it.

'Hannah,
Your father and I are going to be up with Ryan this weekend, we'll be back on Sunday night. Be good and see you on Sunday!
Love you,
Mom'

"Well my parents aren't going to be home till Sunday so I have the house to myself.” I said walking back in the living room.

"Where are they?” He asked.

"With my brother up north.”

"Oh". We sat down on the couch in silence. Neither of us knew what to say because of the walk home. We had never held hands before becaue that’s something couples do and Jake and I are definitly not a couple.

"So do you want to watch a movie?” I asked breaking the awkward silence.

"Sure, what one?”

"Umm, how about the ring.” I said.

"Yeah". I got up, got the DVD and put it in the DVD player. I then went back and sat down on the couch next to Jake. About 15 minutes into the movie a scary face popped onto the screen. I once again found myself baisically on Jakes lap.

I looked up at his pretty hazel eyes, I felt his arms wrap around my waist. He was smiling down at me then he leaned in and brushed his lips with mine. My eyes fluttered shut as his lips collided with mine once more. His lips, so soft and supple felt like they fit perfectly with mine. His outh opened slightly and he slid his tongue across my bottom lip. Reality hit me again and I pulled away from him and slid away from him on the couch.

"Jake I can't do this". I said sitting up. Our friendship was going so well that I didn’t want to ruin it with a relationship.

"Its my fault I didn't mean to…I just got lost in the moment.” He said. His cheeks were flushed with red.

"No its not like I was pushing you away". I said. Even though I did end up pushing him away I could feel every single feeling I had for him rushing back.

"I know but-.”

"No buts lets just forget about it.”

"Ok good idea.” We started watching the movie again.

About halfway through the movie I decided to lay down to get more comfortable; I fell asleep on accident. When I woke up it was almost dark outside, there was a blanket wraped around me and there was a note on the table.

'Hannah
Sorry, my mom left me a text message saying I had to go home. See you hopefully tomorrow.
Jake'

I put the note on the table and layed back down figuring I could use some extra sleep. As soon as I was just about asleep someone walked in the door. I jumped up from my spot to see Mike standing there.

"Jesus Mike you scared the hell out of me". He laughed. He took off his shoes and came to sit next to me.

"Nicole broke up with me". Mike said.

"Oh.. I'm sorry". I said, trying to sound as sad as I could. But surprisingly he didn’t look that sad.

"Its ok. I mean its like 2 months of my life down the drain but whatever. Plus I like someone else...”

The way he looked at me told me that he liked me, I was completely frozen. His lips inched closer to mine and before I knew it they crashed onto mine. It wasn’t a soft kiss like Jakes. Mike pushed his ips to mine in a rough fashion and I pulled away because I was honestly kind of scared.

"Mike what-.” Before I could get my sentance out his lips pushed against mine again. He pushed me down so he was on top of me. I tryed desperately to pull away. He pinned my wrists down with his hands. My lips were pushed open with his tongue, this is not how I wanted my first french kiss to be. After a minute of complete agony he pulled away for a breath.

"Mike why are you doing this?” I said trying to hold in my tears.

"I like you Hannah I always have.” His body and lips pressed against mine again, my body started trembling and I felt my eyes brimming with tears. He pulled away and I couldn't take it anymore. Tears started flowing from my eyes like a river. Mikes face went from controling to soft.

"Oh my god I didn't mean to make you cry.” He said sitting up. I just got up, grabbed my coat and went to the only place I knew to go; Jakes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh wow.....what will happen next?
Comments please :]
Next chapter soon
xoxo
Hannah