Status: Active

There's Beauty in a Breakdown

Chapter 5

My eyes opened to the rays of sunlight shining through the window. As i looked around the room I smiled; Jake was lying on the floor right next to the couch I was on and Ashley was scrunched up on the loveseat. I love those two, they both looked so angelic while sleeping. My smile faded as all of the images from yesterday flooded my mind. Mike’s body dominating over mine just made my stomach turn. How am I going to face him at school tomorrow? What am I going to do? Tons of questions just kept running through my mind and I had no answers for any of them.

"What'cha thinkin about?” Jake said, I jumped and he laughed.

“Jesus goodness, you scared me.” I said putting my hand over my heart.

"So really, what were you thinking about?” He whispered. Jake got up and pushed me over so he could lay on the couch with me.

"The thing with Mike.” I said. Our faces were so close, his smell so intoxicating and I almost lost myself in his eyes.

"Well what do you want to do about it?” He asked.

“I have no idea...”

"Well I think you should ignore him, let him know that what he did really scared and hurt you.” He reasoned.

"Yeah I like that idea, thanks Jake.”

"No problem, thats what I'm here for.” He said. I laughed at him.

"Well we should go back to sleep.” He said as he yawned.

"Yeah I can see that your tired".

"Mmhmm, goodnight". He said leaning in to hug me and as he did his lips softly kissed my cheek.

“Night,” He said as he started to move back to the floor. I put my hand on his arm to stop him, he chuckled. “Do you want me to stay on the couch?”

“Please.” I said with a smile. He lay back down with me and I felt his arm sink around my waist. We both smiled at each other for a second before we both closed our eyes and fell into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

My sleep was disturbed by my body being shaken by someone. Unwillingly, I opened my eyes to see Jake smiling. "Morning sleepy,” He said.

"Morning". I groaned. As I sat up Jake got off the couch and stood.

"So what do you want to do today?” He said.

"I don't know.” I said shrugging my shoulders. Then there was a knock at the door. "Will you get that I'm to lazy to get up". I smiled at him.

"Fine,” He fake glared at me and I just kept smiling. When he went to get the door I saw Ashley come down the stairs from my room.

"How did you get upstairs". I asked confuzzled as to why she wasn't in the chair where she was last night.

"Well I was half hanging off of the chair which is very uncomfortable and you two kept talking so I went upstairs and slept in your bed.” She said as she sat next to me, I fake glared at her.

"Fine I hate you too.” I said crossing my arms.

"Aww I feel loved.” She smiled.

"Wait that doesn't make any sence.” I said.

"Neither does your face…”

"What?"

"Exactly.” I heard Jake yelling at someone so I got up hurridly and walked to the door. There I saw someone I really didn't want to see right now.

"Hannah I need to talk to you.” Mike said from the door where he was trying to get past Jake who had his arms spread across the door frame. Well I'll tell you that I am not going to talk to him right now. Jake may be 5'6 and Mike 5'11 but Jake is a hockey player and he is strong; Plus I don't want to talk to Mike.

"No I'm not talking with you Mike. You don't know how bad you hurt me.” I said glaring at him.

"Yes I do and I'm so sorry, I didn’t mean to let myself get out of control.”

"No obviously you don't.” Jake piped in. “If you knew how much you hurt her you wouldn-.” I give up.

"Jake just let him in.” I said sighing.

"Hannah what are you thinking? Do you really want this guy back in your life?” Jake said.

"Yeah I'm not just going to throw away a friendship because of one thing.” I said. Ashley finally got up and came to see what was going on.

"Alright whatever,” Jake said letting Mike past. I knew Jake was disappointed in me but I’m not a person who likes to hold grudges. I’m the type that forgives and forgets.

"Can we talk alone?” Mike asked.

"I don't know I think anything you say you can say infront of my best friends.” I said. Really I just was afraid to be alone with him, who knows what he might try to do.

"Why the fuck is your front door open Hannah?” Shelly said coming in my house and closing the door.

"Well hello to you too,” Jake said.

"Oh hi Mike!” Shelly said completly ignoring Jakes comment. We all went back into my living room and sat in various places. Ashley made sure to not sit in the chair. Great now Ashley has a grudge against my chair I thought.

"Hannah can we please forget about what happened yesterday?” Mike said. Shelly looked around very confuzzled.

"No. Sorry, but that’s not something that one can easily forget.” I said. Ashley smirked.

"You think you can just forget about stuff.” Ashley ranted. I put my hand over her mouth to shut her up.

"Ignore the ranting,” I said. "She does this all the time". Jake laughed.

"I'm really sorry I was just- I was just really sad from breaking up with Nicole an-.” He said.

"WHAT YOU BROKE UP WITH NICOLE!!" Shelly yelled.

"No I didn't break up with her, she broke up with me. He said raising his voice to Shelly.

"Excuse me don't you dare yell at her. Its not her fault that you’re a jackass.” Ashley said standing up. Me and Jake sat there looking at each other as the scene unfolded.

"I'm done I don't even want to solve our fucking problem anymore Hannah. Good-fucking-bye". Mike said.

"Thats right you better leave you asshole!” Ashley yelled after him. Well this went well I thought to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yup.
Comments please.
xoxo
Hannah