Keys To My Heart

prologue

Jordan and I were born six days apart--him being the older of the two of us--and we would often celebrate our birthdays together. Our age difference really didn't matter to any of us, we just loved having a good time and making memories. Jordan never let me forget that I was younger than him, though.

I lived right across the street from the Staal's, and I spent most of my childhood on their sod farm instead of in my own house. While I should have been having sleepovers with the very few girl friends that I had, I chose to stand between the pipes on the rink that Henry had built. If you lived in Canada and didn't play hockey, most people thought that there was something wrong with you or that you must not be a real Canadian. That was why my best friends made me be the goalie whenever they wanted to play a game or practice their shootout moves. They wanted to the be ones to score the goals, except for Marc. He was always better at defending. None of them ever wanted to be the person whose job was to actually stop potential goals, the one it all came down to.

Wherever the Staal brothers went, you could be sure to find me right there with them. We sat together at lunch all through school, we saw movies together, we worked on their farm together.. everything. Our families even went on vacation together at least once a year until we graduated high school.

The only time I felt even the slightest bit out of place was when each of them had a girlfriend at the same time. Every girl they ever brought back home despised me at first, thinking that I was going to try and steal their precious boyfriend from their claws.

As the years went by, and they got more involved with hockey, I attended as many games as I could. I had even gone to some Hurricanes, Rangers and Penguins games with their parents when I didn't have school and had a few days off of work. I was the first person Eric and Jordan had invited to share their day with the Stanley Cup with, too. There was no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't be at Marc's or Jared's Stanley Cup party if they ever won it, either.

And somewhere along the way, I fell in love with all four of the Staal boys.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D I finally finished writing this entire story. Woo.
There's only going to be 7 chapters instead of 58. Hahha
Comments would be awesome. :]