‹ Prequel: Break the Walls
Status: Sequel to Break the Walls.

Forgive Me

Chapter One

I sat down my bag, groaning at the pile of clothes that had been scattered around the bedroom floor. I didn’t know if leaving Adam alone was such a good idea, to be honest. He was thirteen years olds now, and he should’ve been picking up after himself.

I walked into the kitchen, deciding upon letting him pick up the mess when he got home.

The kitchen in our apartment outside of Baltimore was bigger, now that I had appliances and furniture to stick in the empty spaces and on counters. The living room was about twice the size of the kitchen, followed by the two bedrooms that happened to be medium sized. Even if the rooms were a little small, I still loved it.

It had been three years since I graduated, and it couldn’t have felt more like a weight had been lifted off of my shoulders. I no longer had to deal with worrying whether the necessities we needed were in the house or now. Everything was near ideal.

Alex, Jack, Rian and Zack were off touring the east coast. They were surely gathering their fame, probably because of their style and lyrics. Nonetheless, I was still proud of them. They were living their dreams day in and day out.

A year after I had graduated and after one of the boys’ two week tours, I bought this apartment with money I had stashed away. Alex had helped, along with the other boys to make this part of my dream a reality.

Adam, Alex and I lived here like a happy family, but the place still felt mostly vacant at times.

“Hailee,” Adam ran into the kitchen, throwing his book bag off, “I’m hungry.”

“Get your bag in your room and pick up your clothes, please. I’ll heat something up for you.”

He nodded, picking the bag back up and headed to his room. I unwrapped a hot pocket from the plastic cover, placing it in the center of the microwave.

“When are Jack and the others coming back?”

“Tonight or tomorrow,” I handed him the plate, after letting it cool off for a bit.

Alex and I had been dating ever since that day in high school. We hadn’t had an argument since he wanted me to tell the other boys about my mom. We were the envy of my college acquaintances, to say in the least.

“Is Mandy coming over?”

Mandy was on of the college acquaintances that prayed for a relationship like the one Alex and I had. She bounced from guy to guy, changing her looks for another wrong one persistently. I couldn’t even remember her natural hair color, but her eyes were a striking green.

“Nope, she has a date,” I pulled out my papers, sighing, “Do you have any homework?”

Adam shook his head, sitting at the table. He usually finished it ahead of time, like I used to.

Adam and I were as close as ever. He opened up to me about girls he had crushes on, but kept the ‘private’ words stowed away for Alex or Jack.

I always had though that Adam would have bonded with Rian or Zack more so than Jack, but I had been mistaken. I guess he found him cooler.

I haven’t talked to my mom, since I moved out. The note she had given me on my graduation day had seemed all too fake for my taste; I could never bring myself to believe her words.

I mumbled, sitting in the living room. I turned the television on, pushing back my bangs.

Over the years, I had up and decided to change my hair style and color. I was no longer a plain-Jane with just brown locks to hide her face. My bangs were dyed jet black and covered my right eye. The rest of my hair choppily hugged my face with each strand, while the tips matched my bangs.

“Hails, Adam, we’re back,” Alex’s voice flowed through the foyer, as he entered the room.

I got to my feet, racing over to wrap my arms around him. I felt so at home with Alex; it was like he filled that empty void within the apartment, and I loved it.

Although Alex was out on the road a lot, I still trusted him. Most of the girls at the university that I talked to said they would have kicked him to the curb because “when they’re constantly out on their own like he is, there’s no telling what they will do.”

Surely enough, my response was all the same, “Yeah? Well, I love him. Sorry for your luck.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Author’s Note: I couldn’t wait any longer to put this up! I hope all of my readers find their ways to this. :)

Tell me what you think?