Sequel: Seattle

Action

Two.

After several hours spent staring at walls and talking to fellow artists Mae was forced back into the little camper van, informed that her client was returning to have her work removed from his face. Mae found herself staring into space as she waited, waiting was not one of her strong points and she frustratedly drummed her fingers against the table again and again in order to calm herself down.

Jake Gyllenhaal walked through the door for the second time that day, it was clear from his tired eyes that he had worked hard on the film and he smiled at Mae despite his exhaustion. He sat on the chair gratefully and shut his eyes as Mae began to gather the products necessary to remove her work from the morning.

"They had to reapply my make up, a lot," he said, smiling tiredly.

"What are you implying by that?"

"See what you want, Mae."

"Well, I think you must have been sweating too much. My work was perfect."

"Clearly." Mae slapped his shoulder and began to remove the vast array of powders that adorned his face. Jake smiled, opening his eyes so he could look into hers.

"Well now your just going to make my face look flawed again."

"I don't think you'll need to worry," she muttered to herself.

Jake's eyes opened and he looked at her teasingly.

"Are you implying I have a flawless face?"

"I- uh," Mae stuttered. Jake's smile grew and Mae wanted nothing more than to wipe it off his face. "In terms of my work you don't have many imperfections that needs covering up. That's what I meant Mr. Gyllenhaal." He chuckled to himself and closed his eyes.

"I'm sure that's what you meant," he teased. Mae felt her face burn up as she finished removing all the make up, once she stopped Jake stood up and smiled at her sweetly.

"Why don't you come with me"

"Where?"

"To eat. Surely you need something."

"I -uh, I can't."

"Why not?"

"It's not professional, especially since you've only known me for a day."

Jake chuckled to himself and moved towards the door.

"We'll see about that."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?