Sequel: Seattle

Action

Five.

Mae had been directed towards a different dressing room upon her arrival the next day. She felt her heart beat faster as she assumed her boss had found out about her planned 'date' with Jake. She didn't want to lose her job on account of him. She walked into the brightly lit room that cloned her usual workplace, the main actress of the film sat patiently where Jake would have been sitting, her hair being sorted out as she waited.

Mae smiled at her friend who continued to blow dry the actresses hair. She was pretty, that much Mae could tell, she wasn't sure her skills were going to be required for her. In any case she began to place powders on her skin, giving her a face a glow that would make it seem like she was in the desert.

The film was Prince of Persia, she learnt that the day before. The director looked at her like she was crazy when she had asked but answered her question none the less. Gemma Arterton sat obediently in the chair and made very little outbursts that could have damaged Mae's work, unlike Jake who wouldn't shut up.

"Are you new? Or did they change the make up artists around?" Gemma asked once Mae was finished.

"We were swapped, I'm not sure why."

"Who were you doing make up for?"

"Jake Gyllenhaal."

"Oh, fun?" she asked. Mae thought it sweet that she was trying to make conversation with her, after all she didn't have to do so.

"It's okay, he doesn't shut up though." Mae chuckled as she thought of him and Gemma gave her a knowing look.

"That boy does have a big mouth, I'll give him that."

"Yea."

"Do you like him?"

"Sure, he's my client and he doesn't complain. He just doesn't stop talking."

Gemma laughed sweetly as her hair was nearly finished.

"I didn't mean it like that. I meant, do you like like Jake?"

"I- I don't think I can answer that. It's unprofessional."

"I'll take that as a yes then," she teased. She was almost as bad as Jake.

"He's the one advancing on me," Mae said before placing her hands over her mouth in shock, she wasn't meant to say that. Gemma arched her eyebrow in curiosity.

"What has he said?"

"I- I can't say."

"Oh, don't be a spoil sport! You can tell me, I won't tell him."

"He, he asked me out," Mae said quickly, looking down at her feet.

"On a date?"

"He said food."

"I say that's a date," she teased, "when are you going?"

"Tonight," Mae said, continuing to stare at her shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Have fun, then," Gemma said before leaving to go on set. Mae's friend looked at her with a sly smile on her face and Mae forced her to promise not to say a word to anyone about that night's events. Even if it was driving her heart crazy thinking about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
To quote Jake G in a cockney accent "Every one love's a bit of Stilton!"
Yes, I'm piling on the cheese. Enjoy.
I won't be able to update till Thursday now due to exams, I apologise. But leave me comments to tell me what you think :)