Sequel: Seattle

Action

Seven.

Life seemed surreal to Mae then, as if she was simply in a dream floating by as Jake played the centre stage of her fantasies. The thought of Jake made Mae smile, never in her life had she believed that she could develop such a close relationship with a man of his stature. Famous people were not who resided on her 'friends list'.

It became apparent to those around them that they were closer than what was normally expected. Mae often found himself being bombarded with questions about her relationship with Jake before she would promptly run away into the camper-van that Jake resided in so that she could complete his make up for that day.

Jake had become sweeter by the day, it was as if he was trying to get her to see things his way. To ensure that she realised what he felt for her was real, the thing was, Mae found it hard to believe. It wasn't that she thought he was a narcissist who could get anyone he wanted, it was the fact that she found it difficult to believe that she was the essence of his desires.

Mae rarely believed in love at first sight.

Jake was adamant to show her he cared for her, he'd often try little sweet gestures of some sorts in order to make it clear but he felt that she didn't believe him. That her eyes shouted out 'liar' while her sweet smile grew. Jake had no idea how to handle this situation because she really was the only thing that was on his mind. Jake wanted them to remain in this position forever, but that wasn't possible, not in the real world.

So Jake came up with a plan.

Upon Mae's return to his company he asked her a question that both shocked her and made her laugh, simply because it was so far-fetched. Jake asked her to live with him. Or at least, to come away with him to the States if she felt he was being to forward, they had only known each other for the filming period of course. Mae was flustered by his question and found it difficult to concentrate on the job at hand, she'd already been warned by her boss not to mess up her first big job but she couldn't find the energy to do it.

Jake had taken it all out of her with that one question.

Mae tried with all her might to concentrate on his flawless face, she had to ensure any blemishes were not visible to the waiting camera but she found it difficult not to drift off. What was he doing asking her a question like that? Why would he ask her something like that? She searched her mind endlessly, scratching at her racing thoughts to find an answer to these questions, but she couldn't do it.

Jake realised quickly that he had shocked her, it made him smile how much he affected her. This was a good sign to him, perhaps if she felt this way then she would agree to his request. That was all he wanted after all. After leaving her to venture onto the set he smiled to himself, he had made his feelings clear to her from the start. Now it was her turn to make a move, at least in one way or another.

Mae sat in the camper-van and considered her situation. If she left with him then she would have to leave her job, her friends, everything. But if she left she would have him and in a sense that appeared reason enough for her, perhaps if she consulted her family they would be able to grasp the situation better. Her mother always gave out the best advice.

When she confided in her mother she found it rather helpful, as if she was lifting a weight from her shoulders. She hadn't spoken to anybody about her growing relationship with Jake purely because she didn't want to press to find out, she knew she couldn't deal with those kinds of people. When Mae thought about it, by accepting to go away with Jake she would be walking into the waiting traps of the photographers, this alone scared her out of her wits.

She would have to ensure that accepting Jake's offer was worth it, she had to ensure he wasn't pulling her leg to get her to sleep with him. Her mother said she had to ensure he meant what he was saying, that he genuinely felt what he claimed for her. Problem was, Mae was unsure as to how to figure this out. Sure, he had teased her and flirted but she couldn't figure it out, she couldn't tell whether he was telling the truth because he was an actor and actor's were always good at faking, at least that's what Mae thought.

When Jake returned she felt her hands grow sticky as her heart beat a quickly paced rhythm. She needed to know why, why did he pick her? Was it just some sick little game? When he met her eyes they filled with concern, she fidgeted under his gaze and looked at everything around the room that allowed her to keep away from his inquisitive gaze.

"Did you mean it?" she asked, finally.

"What are you talking about Mae?"

"Do you really want me to come away with you? Because I find it all a little far fetched, you barely know me after all." Jake's face fell as she said this, clearly he hadn't made it obvious enough to her. Or maybe she was just too modest to accept his feelings.

"Of course I do, why would I say something I don't mean?"

"You do it all the time, I don't see why you can't do it now," Mae muttered, looking away from his eyes again. Jake took her chin in his hands and forced her to look at him, so that she could see the pain he felt as she said this.

"I would never lie to you. I don't think I would be able to do it, don't believe the stories you hear. I thought you of all people would have realised that what they say is ridiculous, they're just looking for a new scoop. They don't know the truth."

Mae smiled at this, he was determined to make her see his way and that seemed to be some proof of his affection.

"I want you to know that I would never hurt you, I could never do that. You mean to much to me and I realise that we haven't known each other for very long but if you accept to come with me then we can find ourselves."

"What if the press hear's about it?"

"So they'll have a field day, so what? The only thing that would matter is that you're with me."

"I think I can manage it."

"Manage it?"

"The press. That is, if you're willing to help me."

"You know I'd do anything for you Mae."

"I know that now," she said as she smiled up at him. He looked down into her glistening eyes and smiled back. He held her tightly in his embrace, unwilling to let go of her petite form. They would work things out, they would be together, he knew it would happen.

They'd be together forever and always
♠ ♠ ♠
and with that I bid you adieu.
Yes this was cheesy. Yes I've never written a story as cheesy as this in my life but I hope you liked it Billie :)
This was for you. <3