Status: In Progress...

Double the Trouble and Twice the Blessing

Chapter Three

Nicole and I kept shooting nervous glances at each other. After what had happened with the Overlord, we were both itching with fear. And to be honest, I really did not know why he didn’t kill us, or send us to be tortured. We broke into his bloody vacation home! Nicole whimpered when Lord Vengeance gripped her arm tighter from her trying to pull away from him. I felt it tingling in my other arm that was not being held by Lord Plague.

They took a sharp left and left us staring at – what looked like – a lounge room. Lord Plague shoved me into one of the plush, black chairs and Nicole was shoved into the one across from me. “Move, and your death will soon follow.” Vengeance hissed and he and Plague walked off down the nearby hall. Nicole and I locked eyes once they were both gone and I quickly looked around before I spoke, “did you see how he reacted?”

Nicole cocked her head to the side, “how could you not? He acted as if he was your protector or something. It was weird.” she spoke lowly. “What do you think they want us for?”

“Slaves maybe, a maid, I don’t know, hell, they could possibly want us as a mistress.” When the word ‘mistress’ rolled off my tongue, it made us both shudder at the same time. I stared at the room we were sitting in. It wasn’t glamorous, but it was cozy. The walls were a dark red and a fire place was in the far corner – the crackling of wood could be heard. There was a love seat and no couch. The fabric was a plush black, the same as what the lounge chairs, Nicole and I were sitting in, were made of. There was a glass coffee table placed in front of us with coasters, a pack of smokes and a lighter on it.

I head Vengeance and Plague coming – causing me to look down with Nicole. Normally we weren’t so wimpy and quiet, we shared those moments, yes, but they didn’t happen often. Lord Vengeance and Lord Plague just looked at us – in taking everything they saw, before they made any advancement towards us. I yelped when Lord Plague grabbed my arm. “Your rooms are ready.” he yanked me to my feet.

I stared at Nicole – scared about what was going to happen now. I stumbled a bit from Lord Plagues pace and glanced back to see Nicole and Lord Vengeance. He looked at me with his green eyes wide and menacing – his head cocking to the side a bit. He arched his eye brow when he saw I was still looking behind me and I looked away quickly – not wanting him to become verbal.

I didn’t hear the footsteps behind me anymore and I turned and looked. I saw that Lord Vengeance had stopped walking and stood in front of a door – Nicole standing beside him. I was beginning to stress as I was getting pulled further and further away and I saw Nicole get yanked into the room – the door slamming with a painful thud. I looked up at Lord Plague and he didn’t seem interested in me one bit.

I told you so. Nicole’s voice echoed through my mind.

What are you talking about, twin? My brow furrowed a bit.

I told you it was a bad idea to break into the house. I could hear the smirk she had in her mental voice.

Shut up smart ass. I almost giggled out loud – but reframed myself from doing so by telling myself I’d be dead if I did. Lord Plague stopped walking, a far ways down from where Nicole’s room was. He opened the door and walked in – his hand still pried to my arm and his nails still digging into my flesh.

“So, this is your room. You are not to leave this room until told so.” he said and let go of my arm.
“You need to shower and get cleaned up, put some new clothes on and don’t make a mess.” he eyed me skeptically and turned to leave. I watched him exit the room, my chest beginning to tighten a smidge from the distance I was from my twin.

We were identical twins. We carried the same blonde hair, blue eyes and high cheek bones. We have been inseparable since we were born, and we did everything together – it has been always been that way. We were each other’s best friend. Being away from each other was painful – the further away, the more it hurt. The pain on the journey here was the worst. I felt like I could have literally carved my chest out.

I looked around at the room and it was fairly large. It had two giant windows that over looked something – tall and thick velvet curtains hung loosely and pooled at the bottom. The walls were plain gray and empty, with a high ceiling. The flooring was a dark hardwood color. There was a plasma screen TV centered in the middle of the wall – in front of the bed. There was a couple of lounge chairs and a small coffee table, along with a book case that had endless books in it. I looked at the bed and it was a four-posted canopy bed. It was a medium-wood color with soft burgundy, cotton sheets. The pillows stacked up with the cases shaded purple and red. I ran my fingers over the fabric and realized how disgusting I was. I needed a shower – and by the looks of it, quite badly.

I walked over to a door that was slightly ajar and pushed it in – revealing a decent sized, white, bathroom. I pushed the door shut and it made a ‘click’ sound. There was a pile of two, white towels sitting on the counter top. I found it a little odd that the room was basically prepared for me. I double checked the door to make sure I had actually locked it, before I slid the damp fabric of my black sweater off and slowly undid my jeans.

I wasn’t exactly comfortable in this bathroom. I felt like I was being watched. I looked around the room quickly – but saw no one. I sighed, shaking my head, “get a hold of yourself Korie.”
I stepped out of my jeans and tore my tank top over my head – leaving me in my undergarments. I groaned in frustration at how horrendous I looked in the mirror. I turned sideways and looked at the long cut I had in my side. At least it had stopped bleeding, but it made a bloody mess. My blonde hair was frizzy and chunks of mud had dried and plastered itself in it. I had a couple random bruises and cuts and my figure wasn’t as plump and curvy as it usually was.

I discarded the rest of my clothing and walked over to the shower – turning the gold faucet left and having warm water pour out. I stepped in it slowly – making sure the curtain was shut securely behind me – and approached the warm water. It felt nice. I hadn’t had a shower in awhile. It was impossible to find anything out here.

The water ran through my hair and down my back – turning a brown from the mud and dirt. I looked around at the ledge of the shower and looked for the shampoo. I picked up a gold colored bottle and read the brand: QOD. It looked expensive – something I never would have been able to use back home. I popped the cap and poured a bit into my hand before I rubbed it through my hair.

I washed my body with body wash, before I rinsed it off – along with the shampoo. I moved a bit quicker as the water started to cool. I grabbed the conditioner and smeared it messily through my hair. Normally when I showered, I took my sweet ass time, but the water was getting colder. I rinsed it out with the last bit of warm water and turned the water off. I stood in the cold water for a moment, just letting everything sink in.

There was a loud banging on the bathroom door. “Hurry up girl!” Lord Plague yelled through it. I flinched and stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around myself and I took the other one to dry my hair quickly. Another loud bang on the door. “I’m fucking coming.” I muttered.

“What?” he asked with a slight tone of annoyance.

“I didn’t say anything.” I said as I yanked the door opened. He glared at me and I knew he wanted to smack the smile I had on my face, right off. He eyed me skeptically. “And I have a name.” I looked at him and he growled.

“I don’t care about your name. I can’t tell you or your sister apart, the only difference is she is a bit less talkative than you.” he sneered and shoved something in my arms. “You are having dinner with the Overlord and Lord Gates, look nice.”

I looked down at it and it was a blue-green fabric. I unfolded it and it revealed a dress – it wasn’t one of those evening gowns, it was a simple formal, yet kind of casual dress. It had no sleeves and the neckline was straight. I headed towards the bed and I dropped something. I looked back and it was a matching undergarment set. It was lacey and blue. “Lovely,” I muttered and picked it up. I placed the clothing on the bed and continued to dry my hair with the other towel. I dropped the towel to the floor before I grabbed the bra and put it – along with the matching panties. I quickly grabbed the fabric of the dress and slid it over my body – feeling exposed.

It fit tighter in my bust and waist and then dropped out to my knee. I smoothed out the soft fabric in my fingers sat down on the bed. What had we really gotten ourselves into? Dinner with the Overlord and Lord Gates? How enchanting this night is going to be – being scared to say one word and have our tongue cut out. How wonderful.

Twin, what color is your dress? Nicole asked.

It is blue-green color, what about yours? I responded.

Mines a purple shade. Do you know why they want to have dinner with us? Lord Plague was an asshole about it when I asked.

No idea. He wasn’t that happy to see me either. There was a loud banging on the door.
Shit I think he’s back. I tuned out her response as I walked towards the door.

I pulled the door opened and Lord Plague stood there. “Put these on and lets go.” he handed me a pair of black flats and I quickly slipped them on before he yanked on my arm that was already beginning to bruise. I walked in silence beside him and I saw Nicole and Lord Vengeance a bit further ahead of us. I groaned when his fingers sunk further when I was lagging behind him.
We rounded the corner and I saw Nicole and Lord Vengeance waiting for us. “So, the dining hall is about twenty steps away and on the right, you can walk there yourself?” he said and let go of Nicole.

We both nodded at the same time. “You try any shit, you will be killed. Overlord may have let you live once, but don’t think he’ll do it again.”

We nodded again and they shoved us forward. Nicole took my hand in hers and we walked down the hall and I saw the door. “We can do this.” I whispered and squeezed her hand gently. We walked into the room and both men immediately stopped talking and turned their full attention to us. I felt he Overlord’s eyes on our entwined hands. I didn’t let go though.

I looked at both of them and the Overlord was sitting at the head of the table on at the far end and Lord Gates was sitting and the head of the table that was closer to us.

“Korie, have a seat.” The Overlord spoke with a sadistic smile on his face and gestured toward the seat on the right, beside him and Lord Gates turned to Nicole. “Nicole,” he gestured to the seat beside him on his left. Nicole’s grip became tighter and we just stood there awkwardly. I saw the Overlord’s jaw clench and a scowl set in his face. I tore away from Nicole, knowing he’d become angrier if we took any longer and she had this scared looked on her face.

Do as they say or we die. I said emptily.

I saw her nod a bit before going to sit down beside Lord Gates. My chest was starting to tingle and tighten a bit as I walked further down the long elegant table. It could hold at least fifty people – maybe more. I came to the end of the table and sat down in the seat – adjusting myself and my eyes met the Overlords.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, Im posting this chapter for Bree-mazing 'cause she's having massive computer problems. Just know, we'll update whenever. Remember, its a side project. And the only reason my own story hasn't been updated is because I have graduation today and I should be in bed, but Im not and I dont have the time to write up a new chapter. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. And, Im still doing layouts, so request them.

...Enough of my ramble.
-Nv