Status: Completed -- Sequel to come soon!

I'm Getting Married to a... Jonas!?!

The Wedding of a Lifetime!

Third Person P.O.V

Billie looked down the isle and looked right into the eyes of the man she loved. Her father gently led her down to the man she was about to marry. She realized that at that moment, he was just as emotional as she was.

Joe had never seen a more beautiful bride. He knew that he was making the right choice. Joe only ever wanted to spend the rest of his life with Billie, and today would be the start of that life. William led Billie right into the arms of Joe, and gave Joe a heart-filled fatherly smile. Joe smiled back, and gently took Billie’s hand into his own, leading her, the rest of the way to the altar. They both turned to Paul and he also gave them both a fatherly smile.

“This marriage is a serious covenant made before God and before all of us as witnesses. In acknowledgment of its Holy Purpose and the power of the occasion, let us pray,” Paul started bowing his head. Everyone followed suit, and Paul gave the prayer that Joe and Billie had chosen for this day.

“God of Love, who gives us the longing for, and capability of loving, we give you thanks for Joseph and Billie, for their open hearts and willing spirits, and for the example of love that they embody here in our presence. Be with them on this joyous occasion of showing their love and making their vows; and be with us, their witnesses, that we may all be changed by what is said and witnessed here. AMEN.”

“AMEN,” everyone else within the church said after the prayer was finished. Paul turned to Kevin and nodded. Kevin walked up to the nearby microphone and smiled.

“Joe and Billie asked me to repeat this Bible verse,” he said as he took out a small piece of paper.

“Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

"And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.

"And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. ~ Colossians 3:12-19,” Kevin finished the verses and looked back up at everyone. “Joe and Billie felt close to this verse because of everything they had been through, together, throughout their relationship. They are both pleased that their closest friends and family could be here today, to share this moment with them.”

When he was finished, Kevin left the microphone and took his place next Nick, since they were both sharing the best man spot. Paul gently cleared his throat and everyone turned back to him. Paul held up his wedding book and began to marry his son, and his soon-to-be-daughter.

“Dearly beloved: We have come together in the presence of God to witness and bless the joining together of this man, Joseph Adam Jonas, and this woman, Billie May Johnson, in Holy Matrimony. The bond and covenant of marriage was established by God in creation, and our Lord Jesus Christ adorned this manner of life by his presence and first miracle at a wedding in Cana of Galilee. It signifies to us the mystery of the union between Christ and his Church, and Holy Scripture commends it to be honored among all people.

“The union of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given one another in prosperity and adversity; and, when it is God's will, for the procreation of children and their nurture in the knowledge and love of the Lord. Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, deliberately, and in accordance with the purposes for which it was instituted by God.

“You ask what is this love we here affirm, and I answer, it is a covenant you make, one with the other, a covenant born of commitment to each other's well being and growth and commitment to your relationship itself, allowing it the possibility of change and of growth.

“Please turn to face each other, taking each other hands,” Paul said. Billie handed her bouquet to Dani, and turned to face Joe. He took her hands into his, and gave her a smile. Paul turned to Billie and gave her a pleased smile, which she returned.

“Billie May Johnson, will you have this man to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?” Billie looked at Joe, giving him her brightest smile, before turning back to Paul.

“I will,” she said softly, feeling Joe give her hands a soft squeeze.

“Then repeat after me,” Paul said, giving the Billie her vows.

“I, Billie May Johnson, take you, Joseph Adam Jonas, as my friend and love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and in tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not yet know, in all the ways that life may find us.”

“Joseph Adam Jonas, will you have this woman to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?”

“I will,” Joe said, his heart felt like it was going to explode. Soon Billie would belong to him, forever, and he would belong to her.

“Then repeat after me.”

"I, Joseph Adam Jonas, take you, Billie May Johnson, as my friend and love, beside me and apart from me, in laughter and in tears, in conflict and tranquility, asking that you be no other than yourself, loving what I know of you, trusting what I do not yet know, in all the ways that life may find us.” Paul then turned to look at the guest of the wedding.

“Will all of you witnessing these promises do all in your power to uphold these two persons in their marriage?”

“We will,” everyone viewing stated.

“You have determined that you would seal your vows today by the exchanging of rings,” Paul then began, moving on to the next stage of the wedding. “The rings you give and receive this day are marvelous symbols of endless love. The rings are made of gold, a symbol of purity. May your thoughts towards one another be pure. The ring is an unbroken circle, having no end, so it is emblematic of the enduring and unending love you have for each other. Let us pray.

“Lord, bless and consecrate Joseph and Billie in their love for each other. May these rings be a symbol of true faith in each other and always remind them of their love. Through Christ our Lord. AMEN.”

“AMEN,” everyone once again stated.

“Joseph, place the ring on Billie’s finger and repeat after me,” Paul said.

“I give this ring in remembrance of this hour, a symbol of love that is beautiful, endless and complete,” Joe stated as he slid the ring onto Billie’s finger.

“Billie, place the ring on Joseph’s finger and repeat after me.”

“I give this ring in remembrance of this hour, a symbol of love that is beautiful, endless and complete,” Billie said as she also placed the ring onto Joe’s finger.

"Joseph Adam Jonas and Billie May Johnson, you have now affirmed before your families and friends your love and your caring for each other. You have come from different backgrounds. You have walked different paths. You are different individuals. Your love has transcended these differences. In the years before you, may the richness of the traditions that have nurtured you enhance and brighten your lives as you help to create and shape the future.

“May the challenges of your life together be met with courage and optimism. May you learn from your failures and grow in your achievements. May life bless you with children, friends, and family in a wide network of mutual support and enjoyment. May you face pain, toil, and trouble with a stout but light heart. May you share with others the radiance of your seasons of joy and pleasure. May you always remember that laughter is the medicine of God.” Billie and Joe smiled at each other, knowing that they were almost done. In a few minutes they would be husband and wife.

“Now that Joseph and Billie have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce that they are husband and wife, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

“Those whom God has joined together let no one put asunder. Amen.

“May your marriage, bring you all the exquisite excitements a marriage should bring, and may life grant you also patience, tolerance, and understanding.

“May you always need one another - not so much to fill your emptiness as to help you know your fullness.

“A mountain needs a valley to be complete; the valley does not make the mountain less but more; and the valley is more a valley because it has a mountain towering over it.

“So let it be with you and you.

“May you need one another, but not out of weakness.

“May you want one another, but not out of lack.

“May you entice one another, but not compel one another.

“May you succeed in all important ways with one another, and not fail in the little graces.

“May you look for things to praise, often say, "I love you!" and take no notice of small faults.

“If you have quarrels that push you apart, may both of you hope to have good sense enough to take the first step back.

“May you enter into the mystery which is the awareness of one another's presence - no more physical than spiritual, warm and near when you are side by side, and warm and near when you are in separate rooms or even distant cities.

“May you have happiness, and may you find it making one another happy.

“May you have love, and may you find it loving one another!” Paul said, giving Joe and Billie a Blessing of their marriage.

“Joseph, you may now kiss the bride,” Paul said with a pleased smile. Joe gave a huge grin and hastily took Billie into his arms, giving her a kiss that left her breathless. Everyone laughed at Joe’s antics and smiled.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, I now have the honor of introducing you to Joseph and Billie Jonas.” Everyone gave a clap and shout of happiness. “Please join us in the next building over, for reception, celebrating Joe and Billie’s love,” With that, Paul dismissed Billie and Joe, who walked down the isle happily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well everyone I wanted to say thank you to those that wished me well with the birth of my daughter! And I am sorry that it has taken me so long to get back on, I ended up staying in the hospital for four days, and I've been spending my days at home bonding with my daughter, and spending time with my other daughter.

Image
Makenna Faye
Born June 28th, 2010
@ 9:38pm
7lbs 5oz & 19ins long

Image
Elizabeth Rose & Makenna Faye

Also someone reported my first Jonas story, claiming that my "Summary Contains character descriptions and/or images." Now I didn't know this was against the rules. I read the rules, and didn't see it there, so maybe I am blind, or just missing it. But I wish that whoever had reported me, had at least let me know that it was against the rules, instead of reporting me for it. I think it it is rude to just report a person, and not let the author know of your issue of their story...

Thanks to:

Seeley.Booth -- Everything went good, we are all home and happy!! Thanks for the comment!!
C'est Moi C: -- Thank you so much for continuing to read!! Even if you don't comment, knowing that I have readers is always nice! I had a little girl, and all of her details are above! When I get a chance I will totally read your stories. It might be a while, just because of my newborn, but I promise I will get to it!!
fireinhereyes -- Thank you so much your comment, and everything went very well! We are all home and very happy!
McLover -- A Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!
BSMSGIRL08 -- Thank you! Yes I had her on the 28th of June. I am so glad you love my stories! I love knowing that my writing is liked!