Status: Finish. I decided to stop there.

If Only I Could Hate Him.

The Hogwarts Express

I wasn’t really listening to their conversation, at least not until I realized they were talking about Cho Chang. Even this didn’t interest me too much, but I could see where it was heading, and I wasn’t sure any of the rest of them knew the gossip I did. Hermione, possibly, but I was pretty much sure neither Ron nor Harry knew, and Neville definetly didn’t.

Sure enough, as the conversation progressed, I heard ‘Mione tell them that Cho was seeing someone else, though she didn’t seem to know who; so, when Ron asked, it was me that answered:

‘Michael Corner’

I guess it was sort of shooting two birds with one stone... or whatever that strange Muggle saying Dad liked was.

‘Michael – but –’ Ron swivelled round in his seat to stare at me. ‘You were going out with him!’

He really was slow off the mark.

‘Not anymore, he didn’t like Gryffindor beating Ravenclaw at Quidditch, and got really sulky, so I ditched him and he ran off to comfort Cho instead’ I said, turning the quibbler I was reading upside down, watching Ron and, though I would never admit it, Harry’s reactions over the top of it.

‘Well, I always thought he was a bit of an idiot, good for you. Just choose someone – better – next time.’ Said Ron, slowly, glancing sideways at Harry, who was trying to decide where to move his next piece.

My dear, old brother, he was SO helpful. Yes, we all gathered that me going out with Harry would really be great, but since it wasn’t going to happen anytime soon I really didn’t see why I couldn’t see other people.

‘Well, I’ve chosen Dean Thomas, would you say he’s better?’

Only a few carriages down the train, Dean and Seamus were also taking about the new relationship.

‘Snap out of it,’ said Seamus, right in my ear.

‘huh? What?’ I replied, stupidly.

Before his rude interruption, I had been day-dreaming happily.

‘you keep doin’ that, ever since you asked out Ron’s kid sister,’

‘Wha--? No I don’t, and She’s in year 10, so shes not THAT much younger than us!’

‘Mm-hum. Im just messin’ with you. Hopefully, your just messin’ with her, ‘cause I heard some girls saying that she still likes Harry,’

I felt my smile collapse. Way to put a bad spin on something great. The problem was, I was pretty sure he was right. I mean, I know she used to like him, that, or, she used to forget how to speak around him for no particular reason. She could talk to him now, and she had gone out with that Corner-Quidditich-guy, which hopefully meant he was over Harry?

He was really the route of my problems. But, you know, its a lot easier to hate people who you A: don’t know and B: don’t have to live with for another 2 years, and, also, I knew it wasn’t his really fault either. Or that’s what I told myself when I got really annoyed, although it was very hard to believe sometimes. Like now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im going to add another chapter, posibly 2

anyways
tell me what you think.