Status: Finish. I decided to stop there.

If Only I Could Hate Him.

The Deserted Corridor

‘Oi!’ I heard someone shout. I pulled away from Ginny and look around. Then I saw who had shouted.

Oh shit. I winced. Not because anything hurt, but because I could tell this was going to be awkward.

‘What?’ I heard Ginny ask him, defiantly. To me, it was pretty obvious what. Ron did not look happy to have walked in on his sister and his roommate snogging. I wasn’t particularly happy about it either, and I could feel the colour rising to my face.

‘I don’t want to find my own sister snogging people in public!’ Ron bellowed.

‘This was a deserted corridor till you came butting in!’ she pointed out by way of answer.

I look around, trying to avoid Ron’s eye. I would rather not have him screaming at me, and he was a prefect, so if he could easily get me in detention, or something equally as irritating, as he had reminded Seamus more than once last year. As I was looking round, I saw Harry, who I had not noticed before; although I was sure he had been there all the while, as he was staring at me; looking quite angry for some unknown reason. I shot him a mortified smile, hoping he could sympathise with my feeling of bad luck and embarrassment. He did not return it. If anything he now looked even more furious, his colour rising, though I doubted it was as a result of embarrassment, more likely it was anger. I had no idea what I had done to him, but the way I saw it, the less time I had to spend with people who were mad at me, the better.

‘Er... c’mon, Ginny, Let’s go back to the common room...’ I suggested, in a pathetic attempt to remove myself from the whole situation.

‘You go! I want a word with my dear brother!’ she replied, swinging that long red hair of her’s around furiously.

I ran, grateful that I didn’t have part take in any Weasley family arguments.

On the other hand, in the no-longer-deserted corridor he had just left, Ginny and Ron were just getting started

‘Right’ I said, loudly, flicking my hair back again. ‘let’s get this straight once and for all. It is none of your business who I go out with or what I do with them, Ron---’

But he interrupted me ‘Yeah, It is! D’you think I want people saying my sister’s a ---’

He wasn’t really going to call me that was he? I wouldn’t let him. I was going to have to stop him. Once he said it, it would be out there. Why it mattered so much I wasn’t sure, but it definitely did matter. A lot.

‘A what? A what, exactly?’ I said, pulling my wand out of my robes. So what if he was my brother? If he called me that, I had ever right to hex the brains right out of him.

‘He doesn’t mean anything, Ginny ---’ said Harry, who I had forgotten was there. He look just as angry as Ron though, and he definitely had absolutely no reason to be mad. If Harry got all weird and older-brotherly on me... I shuddered to think.

‘Oh, yes he does!’ I said, suddenly as angry at him as I was at Ron. ‘Just because the best kiss he’s ever had is from Aunt Muriel ---’

‘Shut your mouth’ shouted Ron, now looking the colour of the sweaters Mum always made him; Maroon.

‘No, I will not!’ why should I shut up. It was him that had started this, he was the one who almost called me a slut, or a whore or whatever it was that he was about to call me. I was just the one that had pointed out he had never come close to kissing a girl before. I was just stating a well known fact.

‘I’ve seen you with Phlegm, hoping she’ll kiss you on the cheek every time you see her,’ I carried on, getting in to my stride. ‘It’s pathetic! If you went out and got a bit of snogging done your self, you wouldn’t mind so much that everyone else does it!’ I finished, jabbing my wand forwards again.

Ron too pulled out his wand just as Harry stepped in between us, trying to protect us both, I assumed. Ron tried to walk around him, but the corridor was much too narrow, especially as Harry had how had both his hands out stretched and had turned on Ron. He was defending me, I thought, my anger at him was forgotten.

‘Just cause I don’t do it in public ---’ Yelled Ron, from behind Harry.

I laughed, or at least tried to, but I was so angry that it came out more like a scream. I tried to push Harry out of the way; not because I didn’t like him protecting me. I did, but because I needed to look at Ron, I need him to see how mad I was. Also I felt kind of bad that it felt this good, considering I was going out with Dean. It was also sort of embarrassing, because he wasn’t even that near me, and it still felt special.

I gave up, he was to strong, I resorted just to screaming from behind him: ‘been kissing Pigwidgeon, have you? Or have you got a picture of Auntie Muriel stashed under your pillow’ It was mean, but I was angry and wanted to humiliate Ron as much as humanly possible.

‘You ---’ Ron said, quite quietly, menacingly.

I dogged the spell just in time. It hit the wall behind where I had been seconds before standing. When I looked up, Harry had pinned Ron to the wall.

‘Don’t be stupid ---’ Harry growled at Ron. This surprised me, as as far as I knew, they had only really fought once, and that was last year when Ron was being a prat about the Tri-wizard Tournament. I never thought Harry would get angry at Ron for trying to duel with me. He was fighting over me and it felt really good!

But it didn’t feel at all good that my older-brother had actually tried to attack me. We had our arguments and disagreements sometimes, but I never expected him to ever actually attack me. I had pulled out my wand first, but I don’t think I had ever really intended on using it.

‘’Harry’s snogged Cho Chang!’ I shouted, forcing back the tears that were so close to coming. ‘And Hermione snogged Viktor Krum, it’s only you who acts like it’s something disgusting, Ron, and that’s because you’ve got about as much experience as a twelve-year-old!’

With that, I ran away, not looking back. I was so busy getting as far away as possible, I almost ran straight into Dean, who was for some awful reason, one of the last people I wanted to see right now.
Dean, however, was happy to see Ginny. He had gone looking for her when she hadn’t come.

‘Ginny!’ I said, sounding relived, even to myself. I pulled her into a hug.

‘You okay?’ I asked stroking the back of her head.

‘I’m fine thanks.’ She said shortly, shaking me of and walking haughtily away in the general direction of the library.

Had I done something?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about how much longer this was, It wasn't meant to be! hopefully its not to long?

anyway. in response to alot of the comments I got (yay! I got comments!!) I did think about making this in to a chaptered story, but I am writing It for a competition that is up to 5 shots.

After this I think I will to a chaptered HP fan-fic, Probably a Scorpius and Rose one... I already have ideas..... :P

Comments, constructive Critasism (sp?) would be much apreciated!! I got five comments already!! * does a little dance!! *

thank you to:

Darling_Doll

JennyQ96

ContentToLetMeShine

TaylorKate

Eduardo Rock

^ thanks for commenting/subscribing. even if it was for a contest, nobody said anything bad, which is the first time. Ever. also, its the most amount of comments I've ever got, and just after one chapter. :) ^

*does very happy dance* woah. that was one LONG authors note. woopies