Beautiful Forever

Lies and Promises about Forever

”Forever and ever,” he whispered in my ear, his hot breath tickling my check and sending pleasant shivers down my spine.

I believed him. Too bad he couldn't see that.

He promised me that he would always stay. I tried to test this. He lied. The proof was here right in front of me, crumpled on the floor.

Standing over his body now, I looked down at him.

Ice cold and without spirit, he was still the most gorgeous person I had ever seen. Even with blood spilling from the hole in his head, he was still utterly beautiful.

He took me breath away, even in death.

I knelt next to him, my fingers frozen and stiff, though not as much as his, clutching helplessly at the fabric of his shirt. I needed him now, more then I had ever needed him before. But I had taken him away from myself, because he broke his promise.

Or did he break his promise because I'd taken him away?

I would never know, but it was only fair.

I was going to fix it all. Fix everything.

One simple act would take it all back to normal, to how it was always supposed to be.

I smiled and laid down next to him, arranging his arm so that it lay beneath my shoulders. I rested my head lightly on his chest.

It was amazing how fast he froze. Laying next to him, I was deeply upset by the fact that this hold he had on me did not feel the same as usual.

And then I realised that I had caused this, too.

I hummed softly as I brushed the thick hair back from his forehead. His eyes stared blankly up at me, dull and without shine. I smiled down at him, expecting him to return it.

He did not.

I grunted and, using my fingers, pushed his cheeks up so that his mouth somehow resembled a happy expression.

Much better.

Upon seeing him smile, my thoughts buzzed around happily. I leant down and placed a kiss on his hard, blue lips.

Now was the time to fix it all.

I lined the small, delicate looking pistol up with my own head, and counted slowly to three.

Breathing deeply, on the exhale I spoke. “I love you. Forever and ever.” I pulled the trigger.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wish me luck (:
And in case you didn't get it, she killed him to test what he promised; That he would love her forever and ever.
But he died, so in her mind, he lied, because he didn't love her anymore. Which he couldn't, because he was dead.
Get it?
Thoughts?