Status: Something new. Something different. Idk. Tell me if you like it.

Smiling Is An Everyday Thing.

Speaking With an Angel... and This Imp

Rei assisted me in standing up. I still felt weak and dizzy, but I felt way better than before. She walked to the living room where Sarah was watching TV. To me Sarah looked old, she had golden hair and was pretty lean. She stood taller than Rei, nearly as tall as I am. Her voice was at a medium pitch and she sounded demanding with every word she said. In short, she was scary.
“REI WHAT’S THE WEIRDO STILL DOING HERE!?” She yelled with a surprised expression
“HE SAVED ME SO BE NICER TO HIM!” Rei yelled back.
I couldn’t tell if they we’re being serious or sarcastic, but either way… same as before, still scary. Of course Rei wasn’t, and being this close to her, I finally see that she is more
beautiful than I thought. She was a about six inches shorter than me, and she had long brown hair that extended to her shoulders. To put it simply, she was small and cute.
“Well sorry for the trouble.” I tried to say politely.
“It’s fine.” Rei answered instantly.
“I guess, It’s fine since you saved her.” Sarah looked away.
“Thanks.” I said graciously.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was asked to stay for dinner, and something like this was something I couldn’t reject. I looked at the calendar, it was August 29. That reminds me, school starts in five days. Now that I think about it, I’m going to Valley Region High School, which is about two miles away from my house, and maybe seven miles from here. It supposed to be a prominent school for what they call “rich kids” so I wonder how I got in there. Maybe a scholarship, but I highly doubt it. Maybe it’s something I’ll ask my mom when I get home.
“Here.” Rei handed me a plate of rice and steak. It looked delicious and smelled delicious. The steak was a bit of a dark brown color and it was unbelievable that Rei cooked this herself.
“Hey Sarah when are you going home?” She asked while getting a plate from the cupboard. I was surprised she wasn’t asking me. Sarah nearly fell off her chair and looked like she was going to go insane, “What kind of question is that?”
“Well my school starts in about five days and how about you, you’re going to college aren’t you?”
“Why didn’t you ask him first?” Sarah pointed at me and continued, “It’s like you want me to leave you with him.”
I grabbed a spoon and fork, then started eating. Hopefully this would all resolve itself. I had no place in their conversation, although Sarah was trying to get me involved in it. It was easy to ignore it all since this steak was so amazing.
“You barley know him.” Sarah said
“I know, but I still owe him.” Rei handed Sarah her plate, “Now eat and be quiet.” She laughed.
I was curious so, “Rei where are you going to school by the way?” I asked nicely.
“See he’s a stalker!” Sarah retorted standing up.
“Valley Region High School, how about you?” She completely ignored Sarah.
“Hey…” Sarah said in a lower voice.
“Oh me too, I’m going to be a senior though. Oh and hi, Sarah.” Amazingly, she is going to the same school as me. Rei was obviously younger though, maybe she’s a freshmen, she looked like one.
“Oh cool, I’m going to be a Junior.” Rei smiled.
Of course she’s going to be a freshmen I thought to myself, but wait… Junior? I tried my best not to go “WHAT!?” out loud.
“I’m fifteen by the way, turning sixteen in October,” she continued.
“Guess I’ll be seeing you around then.”
“Yeah, and well hopefully you’ll protect me from that guy if he ever gets near me.”
“You know him?”
“Sort of, his name is Asch Grants, my parents used to be great friends with their wealthy family.”
I’m guessing this isn’t the end for that guy, I’ll be seeing him around. I don’t know if I can actually protect Rei from him, Asch is way stronger than I am. For a moment wandered and looked around. Outside the window was a wide open field and a giant tree. Rei just realized she completely ignored Sarah. We talked and laughed for the rest of dinner time. Time smoothly flew by and after awhile it was time for me to go.
Sarah smiled at me and said, “You’re not bad, but I mostly just want to thank you for protecting Rei.”
“Woah! What a change of character!” I said jokingly.
“Goodbye Sean, it was fun having you around for dinner today.” Rei smiled.
Once I got home, I checked my phone. I had two text messages. One was from my mom, about how she has to work overtime today. Another was from Drake, asking if we could hang out before school starts. I replied to both with an “Ok” and continued to look around my phone. I scrolled down my contacts and saw the name “Rei Clare.”

“Five more days til school… huh?”