Serendipity

Two of Two

The wind hit my cheeks slightly, making a smile on my face appear. It was a nice day, with such a nice weather that I couldn't hold back the need to go for a walk. Just enjoy solitude and enjoy the simple aspects of life by myself. Nick was busy writing a song that suddenly hit him, so he wasn't anywhere near where I was. Kevin had been on his own enjoying life, while I was just figuring out mine on the long-term break we were currently having.

I hit some fallen leaves in hopes of emitting a sound other than my feet padding on the ground. Although I wanted to be alone, I didn't like the feeling of being lonely.

I reached an abandoned park. Only a few trees here and there and the sight of a beautiful lake. I walked silently towards one of the biggest trees, just to sit there and breathe, not think about anything. When I approached it, I could hear sobs. Sobs that held the emotions of a whole country, sobs that reached to me and made me hurt too.

A young girl, probably my age sat behind. Her makeup ran feebly, due to the fact that I knew her current state had been present for quite a while. What startled me the most is that around her laid all sorts of pills, and she held a knife close to herself as well. My blood started running cold, but my body had to slump besides her.

Once she noticed she wasn't alone she pulled back, her hands trembling at the sight of me; the stranger, in front of her. "You need to leave," she murmured in between sobs, her hatred towards whatever had her this way piercing through me.

"I need to make sure you won't do what I know you want to," I replied. Why it was all of the sudden my concern I didn't know, but I wasn't going to leave her until I knew she wouldn't even intend to hurt herself.

"No, you need to leave. You have absolutely no right to talk to me or say what I can do or not. Now, if you don't want to have the images of what I'm about to do, I suggest you leave, go write a song or just die," her voice raised by each word she spoke, and even when she was portraying the part of the world I never saw, she seemed like so much more to me.

"I'm not going anywhere, just let me help you. I promise I won't judge," I whispered to her, letting her know I was serious, but still gentle about the situation we were both in.

"I don't need your help, alright? And that's what people always say, 'I won't judge' I know you will," she shrugged and proceeded to open a bottle. I did the first thing that came to mind and grabbed it and the rest, along with the knife as fast as I could, running to the lake and throwing them as far as I could, thankful of all those years of playing baseball for fun with my brothers.

"What the hell? Who do you think you are? I don't care you're some famous idiot, but you don't have the right to do what you just did!"

"If you really want to die, I'm sure you'll find another way. Now, tell me, why are you so determined to end your life? God apparently needs you here, never mess up with his plans."

"I don't need you to preach me," she said coldly. She glared at me like if it could burn me, but I stood my ground. I knew I was there for a reason, I knew that there was a reason I had just stopped her from suicide. I knew there was a reason I cared.

"Maybe not, but you're afraid of hurting yourself, or you would've been long gone by now. Now, talk, what's the reason for such miserable actions?" I insisted, getting closer to her.

"That's it... I'm just afraid."


I clutched the rose I had in my hand, not minding some thorns where digging deep into my skin. Just reminiscing on anything her got to me, but I just couldn't stop.

The house was dark, signaling that there was no human presence in it. I turned on the light, noticing that everything was the exact same way that I had left it this morning. She had left way earlier than I had.

After the first time she participated on leaving me alone after lovemaking, I managed to get her back. To make her mine and make her trust me again. There was no way of denying that she made me happy. She completed me, she was made for me and I was made for her. That was the plan since the beginning of time.

I only worried, because I hadn't heard a word from her through the day. My muscles were tensed, so I took a seat on the couch to wait for her, to hold her once again on this day.

The door opened not long after, and my heart beat just the way it did whenever I knew she was near, but it only dropped at the sight of my brother, frown in face.

"She's gone," he simply said, not dropping his face from my face. I only nodded and sighed, running a hand through my own black hair, sadness filling my soul.

"She's just afraid," I told him, the same thing I used every time this happened.

"She's not afraid anymore Joe."

"How do you know that?" I questioned him, he didn't know her any better than I did. Only I had the wonderful gift of sharing precious things with her.

"She's gone for good. She's... she's really gone, Joe."


I drank away my tears to clear my view, staring down the headstone of the love of my life. The person that had changed the outlook I had on it on a blink of an eye.

Mother, partner, best friend, the best form of Serendipity.

I dropped the flower gently on top of it, seeing another one fall by me. I held my little girl's hand tightly, kissing her head as she stared at her mother's grave.

"Want to go home, Serendipity?" I asked my daughter, seeing her agree.

I couldn't prevent her death. I couldn't prevent her from leaving me again. And this time; I was the one afraid.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is. I'm actually how happy with how this turned out. I guess that at some point I've missed writing stuff like this, so I was more than happy when I got the inspiration.