Status: Finally updated! Hopefully another chapter will be up in a week! Just started my summer holidays so I can write more now! :D

The Apples at the Mansion.

Prologue

Eight years ago, when Eliza was only 19 years old, she met a man a few years older than herself. She had seen him at a local ball standing on the other side of the room. His face was beautiful; the eyes that had also spotted her were piercing green and shone like the moon. His hair was obsidian black and fell lank on to his broad shoulders. As soon as their eyes met they were tied together; inseparable. Within days of the ball they were as in love with each other as anyone could be and they were engaged and her father was applied to. He wasn’t happy. He thought she was throwing her life away and persuaded her to break off the engagement; which, with her personality trait, she obliged. It broke her heart to do it, but it wasn’t as much damage as was inflicted on Ewan. The last sight she had of him was him running away into the forest away from her. She never saw him again, and nor did anyone else.

Two weeks ago, Eliza was proposed to by a man of vast money and importance, William Duke of Genally. Eliza liked him but he wasn’t what she had with Ewan. However, she had to except, her family was overwhelmed by him and all she could think of was making her mother and father proud. It made her happy to think that they were happy. But deep down her heart was still mending from the damage inflicted Eight years ago. Her regret had strengthened over the years which left her less happy and unable to move on with her life. If only she hadn’t called off the engagement.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for those who have read the first chapter already! I accidently published it before the Prologue! Oops!
I hope you enjoy this story. :)