‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Baby Talk

Image

Danielle Hightopp smiled warmly at the creatures that crowded around the large tea table. She sat next to her husband Tarrant Hightopp-better known as the Mad Hatter. She had been married for a whole month and she loved every minute of it. Danielle remembered the first time she arrived at the vivid tea party; it was a very depressing atmosphere. Hatter had told her that Underland had been in this state for over two decades. Iracabeth and her evil daughter Andromeda caused Underland to become a dark and evil place.

The moment the crown with the Ruby hearts was placed on Danielle's head, flowers began to bloom, trees began to sprout, grass began to grow, and bright colors turned Underland into a magical place again. Hatter also became very cheerful which put a smile on Danielle's face. He had been in a mad state when she first met him. He had been waiting for Alice to show up but instead, her daughter Danielle did.

At first, Hatter was disappointed that it was Danielle and not Alice but once he got to know her he fell in love. She was everything he ever wanted in a wife. Danielle was sweet, beautiful, caring, and didn't have a mean bone in her body. He had almost lost her when Blaze's spiked tail jabbed into her heart. Thankfully, Mirana the White Queen healed her. Hatter thought that Danielle was so brave. She had faced Blaze and killed her. Since Andromeda's soul was placed in Blaze she also perished. After that, the two of them were crowned and married.

Hatter smiled as he thought about those last few months. He looked over at his wife to see that she was out of tea. He filled her floral tea cup with the brewed liquid and placed two sugar cubes in it.

"Thank you!" she said, putting the cup up to her lips.

"You're welcome my love."

Hatter's emerald eyes looked over at his friends. To him, life was perfect. He had helped turn Underland into a wonderful place again. His friends were everything to him and he had finally found the love of his life. There was only one thing missing. Something that he had wanted in his life for a long time now. He didn't know if Danielle was ready for children but one day he hoped she would consider it.

"You both should host a masquerade ball!" said Mallymkun the Dormouse."There's hasn't been one in Underland for a long time."

"Yes. A ball would be lovely." purred Chessur.

Danielle glanced over at Hatter. His emerald eyes met her blue ones. She thought a ball at the castle was a splendid idea. She could dance the night away with her king. Everyone else looked at Hatter for an answer. He smiled widely at Danielle.

"It's up to you." he told Danielle.

Danielle nodded. "A ball would be a great event!"

Hatter clapped his hands together. "Then it's settled. We'll have a masquerade ball in two sunsets." he looked over at Danielle who was smiling at him. "Do you want to sleep at Thackery's or head back to the castle?" he asked her.

"We can stay here." she suggested.

Hatter grabbed Danielle's hand and pulled her up to her feet. The two of them headed through a clearing in the woods. They found a soft spot of grass and laid down on it. They stared up at the twinkling stars feeling mesmerized by the beauty of it. Danielle curled her body next to Hatter's and kissed his cheek. Even though it was dark, Hatter's green eyes glowed in the dark making him extremely beautiful.

"I love you." she whispered while reaching over to brush her lips against his cheek.

"I love you too." he closed his eyes for a moment then re-opened them. "I have something rather important to ask you."

Danielle sat up leaning her chin against her propped up arm. "What is it?"

"I'm' not saying now but soon I was wondering if we could have a baby."

Danielle raised her eyebrows. She wasn't expecting Hatter to ask that. She thought a baby right now would take up their time with each other. She didn't even know if she wanted to have children because she didn't know if she would be a good mother or not. Now that she found the love of her life maybe having a baby with him wouldn't be such a bad thing. She thought it over then turned to look into her husband's eyes.

"I think that would be a great idea! But, not right now. I want to wait a little while before we start thinking about having a baby. There's still so much to be done in Underland. I want to make sure it is safe before we bring a baby into the world."

Hatter nodded understanding her decisions. He pulled his wife into a kiss then laid back in the green grass. He couldn't wait to start a family with Danielle. She was everything he ever wanted and he wanted her to be the mother of his children.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a heads up, the sequel is going to be rather short. At least 15 Chapters.

Image