‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Burial

Image

The cleanup took about three hours. Victor and Damien dug up a huge hole filled with branches. They started a fire and threw all the hideous creatures into it. Danielle wasn't sure what to do with Iracabeth, Stayne, and Ivan. She turned to Mirana who was sadly staring down at her sisters body. She walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder.

"What do you want us to do with the bodies?" asked Danielle.

Mirana sighed. "I think they should have a proper burial. Jester!" she turned to her right hand man.

"Yes my Queen?"

"Let everyone in Underland to know that Iracabeth is dead and if they want to see for themselves to come to the battlefield in an hour."

"Yes my Queen."

Jester ran off to deliver the message around Underland. Danielle wasn't sure how he would get that message around so fast but an hour went by and a lot of the creatures and people from Underland started showing up. While waiting for them, Viktor and Damien had set the bodies together; placing Iracabeth in the middle with her holding her head. Stayne on her right and Ivan on her left. That way people could circle around them to see. Once everyone looked at the bodies Viktor and Damien picked them up and carried them to the fire. They threw them in and at once their bodies began to burn with the other creatures. Danielle sighed loudly as Hatter pulled her into a hug.

"It's finally over." she whispered.

"Yes, it's finally over." he replied.

Sky walked up to them and gave them both a hug.

"The bloody big head is finally gone!" she yelled which made everyone cheer loudly. "We have to have a party!"

"Well, we never got to finish the masquerade ball!" stated Danielle.

"Everyone to the Castle of Hearts for a party!" yelled Mirana.

Danielle and Hatter watched as everyone started running. The two of them just smiled as they walked.

"Hop on." Sky said then she changed into her dragon form.

Danielle and Hatter hopped onto her back and off they went through the sky and towards the Castle of Hearts. Sky dropped them off in the courtyard and at once Danielle rushed inside to see the workers in the great hall. Danielle was shocked to see black and red decorations along with food and drinks set up. She asked the workers what was going on and the moment they saw Danielle they flung themselves at her.

"Is she dead?" a frog worker named Tim asked.

"Yes, she's dead Tim. She's never coming back!"

"HOORAY!!!!" they all yelled.

Danielle laughed as they all began to do the Futterwacken. Hatter joined in on the fun which made her laugh harder. Soon, the whole great hall was packed. People and creatures were enjoying the party, the food, and the drinks. Rowen and Raven came up to Danielle and gave her a hug.

"We're going to head back home. Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome! If you ever need anything please just come here and ask."

"Thanks." said Raven.

Rowen softly rubbed Danielle's belly. "It's going to be a girl." was all she said before leaving the party.

And soon all the other Deities came up to Danielle to tell her goodbye. She thanked them all for their help and then enjoyed the rest of the party. When it was over, she exhaustidly headed up the stairs with Hatter tagging behind her. The two of them took a hot shower together then laid in their warm comfy bed. It didn't take long for Danielle to fall asleep. She was so exhausted from the journey, the battle, and the pregnancy.