‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Everything

Image

Two months had been spent by finishing up the nursery, bed resting, and making sure there wasn't any trouble in Underland. Danielle had been laying in bed for the past week. Her whole body was swollen and all she felt like doing was pushing this kid out of her. Sky had decided to help her deliver the baby and Rowen was there for support. Danielle was sitting in her bed when Sky came to bring her food. She took a bite then let out a loud yell as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. She had been having contractions all day and it's been killing her. Sky rushed over to her and sadly smiled.

"I have to check to see how dialated you are."

Danielle nodded. She spread her legs open while Sky checked. Her water had broken a few hours earlier but she didn't think anything of it. All of a sudden, Danielle felt the urge to push.

"It's time." she yelled.

Sky nodded. "Push Danielle. Come on sweetie. You can do this."

Rowen was on her right side holding her hand as Danielle began to push. She had never experience this pain before. It felt like she was being stabbed in the stomach. Sweat poured over her face as she pushed harder. She felt something down their and she knew the baby was almost out. With one hard final push, she felt the pressure ease and the sound of her baby crying. She opened her eyes to see Sky pull the baby up.

"It's a girl!" she said while holding her up.

Danielle smiled widely. She had did it. She had given birth to her daughter Alexis. She let out a deep breath and laid back on the bed. Sky cut the imbilical cord, put a diaper on her, then swaddled her in a small blanket. She then handed her to Danielle.

"My beautiful daughter." Danielle said while kissing her cheek.

She stopped crying and stuck her fingers in her mouth which made Danielle smile.

"Go get Hatter." she said.

Sky nodded and left the room. Danielle examined her daughter. She some hair and from what she could tell it was bright red. She smiled and nuzzled her nose against Alexis's cheek. Sky came back into the room followed by Mirana, Chessur, Mally, and the Tweedles. They all smiled down at the baby.

"Do you want to hold her?" Danielle asked Hatter.

He smiled as he sat down on the bed next to his wife. She handed him Alexis and he held her securely in her arm. He began to softly talk to her which made Alexis open her eyes and stare up at her daddy. Danielle was so utterly happy. She had just added a new addition to her family. She knew that raising a child wasn't easy but she had so many of her loved ones to help her out. She had everything she ever wanted and then some. She couldn't believe that following a rabbit down a hole would lead her to Hatter. Her mother had told her so many stories about him and she knew that someday he would be her everything. She pulled Hatter into a kiss and after they pulled away they both stared down at their daughter. Danielle knew that her mother Alice would be so proud of her.

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
This photo is how I pictured an older Alexis at least a year old!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3Qo-Fn3Eicw/SZdZf4G-V7I/AAAAAAAATqs/_rE-t10XGo0/s400/Red.bmp

I hope everyone enjoyed the story!