‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Good News

Image

Danielle headed through the Castle of Hearts. She had sent word throughout Wonderland about the Masquerade Ball. She couldn't wait for the ball. She could get all dressed up for the night and have the time of her life. Today, the workers were fixing up the Great Hall for the ball. Danielle helped them for a few hours until she decided to help out in the kitchen.

Hatter was in his workroom making his outfit along with Danielle's dress for the ball. He even planned on making the masks. Mally sat at his side watching him intently.

"I told her I wanted a baby." he blurted out.

Mally raised her eyebrows. "What did she say?"

"She thought it was a fantastic idea."

Mally began to clap loudly. "I'm so happy for you! A little baby will be just what Underland needs!"

Hatter smiled widely. He didn't really care if he had a boy or a girl. But, in all honesty he wanted a girl. She would have strawberry blond hair, bluish-green eyes. and her mother's smile. After the masquerade ball, he planned on conceiving a baby. A soft knock on the door caused him to look up. He smiled widely when his wife walked into the room. She headed over to him and planted a kiss on his lips.

"Every thing's set for tomorrow night!" she said excitedly.

"Good! I'm almost done with your dress then I'm going to start on your mask."

Danielle looked at the sewing machine to see a beautiful lavender dress. She thought that it was absolutely beautiful and she couldn't wait to try it on.

"I sent a letter to Mirana. She said she would love to attend the ball!"

Hatter nodded. Danielle knew that when he was in the middle of working on his creations he didn't talk much. She told Mally to let Hatter finish. When they left Mally glanced up at Danielle.

"Tarrant told me the good news!"

A pop appeared next to Danielle. She knew it was Chessur so there wasn't any need to look.

"What good news?" her and Chessur asked.

"About the baby! He said he told you he wanted one and you thought the idea was fantastic."

Danielle just smiled. When she returned to her room, she sat on the balcony. She didn't really want Hatter telling everyone that they planned on having a baby. She wasn't even sure herself if she wanted one right now. She sighed loudly as she watched the stars twinkle above her. She was really loving but never really had any experience with children especially babies. She wouldn't have a clue how to take care of one. She heard that once you have a baby your maternal instincts kick in. She was just afraid that she would be a bad mother. As she stared up at the sky, Hatter came into the room. He wrapped his arms around her as she leaned back against him.

"Why did you tell Mally about the baby idea?" she asked him bluntly.

"I just couldn't keep it a secret. It's something that I've wanted for a long time. Do you not want a baby?" he asked sadly.

"I do. It's just that I'm scared about being a bad mother."

Hatter turned Danielle around. She looked into his emerald eyes. She could tell that he was sincere about her feelings towards this.

"You won't be a bad mother Danielle. You have a wonderful heart and I think you will be a wonderful mother to our child. With Iracabeth banished to the Outlands, nothing will harm our baby girl."

Danielle smiled. "Girl?"

Hatter nodded. "Yes. I believe we will have a little girl!"

Danielle began to laugh. She thought that it was funny how Hatter already knew they were having a girl when she wasn't even pregnant yet. She reached up to kiss his lips. He began to trace his hands down her body and rested them on her hips. He pulled her closer into his body. Danielle quickly pulled away knowing where things were going to lead.

"Not tonight." she said. "I'm not in the mood."

Hatter's eyes began to turn gold. "Because you're afraid you're going to get pregnant?" he said coldly.

"No. I'm just not in the mood."

Hatter closed his eyes and opened them to reveal his beautiful emerald eyes again. He nodded then kissed her lips.

"I have to get back to work. I'll come to bed in a few hours."

"Okay."

When Hatter left, Danielle took a long bath to think things through. Hatter did say she wouldn't be a bad mother and she somewhat believed him. She would take care of her baby; feed her, bathe, her, and she knew Hatter would make her a lot of cute little dresses to wear. She smiled at the idea of a little girl with Hatters bright red hair and his green eyes. She leaned back in the bath tub. Maybe, having a baby wouldn't be such a bad idea.