‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Ivan

Image

Ivan slowly walked closer to the Outlands of Underland. He smiled evily as he came closer to three guards who were guarding Iracabeth and Stayne. He had to save his brother and the Red Queen. He wanted control of Underland as did Stayne and Iracabeth. He stopped a few feet away from Mirana's guards. They raced towards Ivan. With a wave of his hand, gust of magical wind sent the guards crashing into a tree. The impact killed them at once. He laughed as he stepped forward where Iracabeth and Stayne stood. They looked really rugged and hungry. When they saw Ivan, their faces lit up.

"Cousin, you are here to save us!" said Stayne.

Ivan laughed. "Saving you? Why would I give you that pleasure? I've come to tell you what has become of the Castle Of Hearts. Tarrant Hightopp and Danielle Kingsleigh-Hightopp, were married a month ago. They were also crowned the King and Queen."

"WHAT?!" yelled Iracabeth her face turning red. "Are you serious? I can't let that happen. Why didn't Andromeda kill them? That's what she has been trained to do?"

"I'm sorry but Danielle killed Blaze which in return killed your daughter."

Iracabeth's face turned from horror to madness. She dropped to her knees but didn't get far because Stayne pulled her back up. The two held each other until Ivan began to get impatient.

"If I free you, you have to promise me that I can be the keeper of the Stone Of Underland. I know that Danielle has it safely locked up in her room. I've been spying on her as a little bird for over a month now. She really doesn't wear it because she's scared of it's power. Is that a deal?"

Iracabeth looked over at Stayne for an answer.

"Deal. But, what about us? We have nowhere to go."

Ivan smiled. "Stayne, if you overthrow Tarrant and Danielle you will become the king and Iracabeth you will be queen again. We can also kill your darling sister."

Iracabeth smiled evily. "I so want to kill my darling little sister. She has brought pain to me for the last time. I can not bare to live with her alive. She banished us here for over twenty years. I will not stand to see her live."

"Good! Now, I can use my magic force to weaken the circle around you. Then, you should be able to walk out of this retched place."

Ivan raised both his hands. He closed his eyes letting the magic fill his veins. He began to tingle all over as his powers weakened the force field which was keeping Iracabeth and Stayne in the Outlands. At once, he felt the field weaken. That's when he opened his eyes and told Iracabeth and Stayne to leave. They quickly did so. He put the force field back so the other Outlandians wouldn't escape. He would release them soon enough when he needed them for the war.

"Should we lay low for a while?" asked Stayne.

"No," replied Ivan. "The King and Queen are throwing a Masquerade ball tomorrow night. And we will be the party crashers!"

Iracabeth smiled evily. She couldn't wait to take revenge on her sister for banishing her, Danielle for being Alice's daughter, and Hatter for being his self. She would then take over Underland again. She missed her tarts, her tea, her warm pig belly, and the crown that was placed upon her head. She would live in the riches again instead of rags. Ivan began walking.

She groaned knowing that they would have to walk from the Outlands to the castle which was at least a days walk. If they started now, they could get there in time. All they needed were outfits to wear which Ivan could conjure up. She couldn't wait to see her old friends again and give them hell for what they did to her and her family. She couldn't believe that her daughter had been killed. She wasn't going to stand around and do nothing. She would kill anyone that got in her way.