‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Decisions

Image

Danielle woke up around noon the next morning. She didn't really sleep that much last night. After Hatter returned to the room, they began to make love until sunrise. She hoped that she was pregnant. She began to think that having a baby was a good idea. Hatter laid soundly beside her. She smiled as she slid out of the bed. She took a warm shower and got herself ready for the day. The ball would start at night so she had all day to get ready. She planned on laying in bed with Hatter until it was time for the ball. Hatter was wide awake when she walked out of the bathroom.

"Good afternoon!" she said while sitting down on the bed next to him.

She gave her husband a kiss then laid down on the bed. Hatter wrapped his arms around her and nuzzled his head under her chin. She softly sighed. She loved days like this when they got to spend most of it in each other's arms.

"Last night was amazing!" he said.

Danielle laughed. "Yes, it was amazing."

"Do you feel any different?"

Danielle knew what he meant by that. He wanted to know if she felt pregnant or not. She had never been pregnant before but she did know it took at least a month to know if you are pregnant or not. She just shook her head.

"No, I think it takes a while to know that darling."

"At least a few months. I hope you are! My life would be whole and we can bring the Hightopp line back."

Hatter really did miss his family. He didn't want to be the last Hightopp left in Underland. He wanted his name and blood to live on. He has been a live for over fourty years but with some magic running in his veins he could live to be at least two hundred and not age that much in life. As for Danielle, she wouldn't live that long. At least until she was a hundred. When she died he planned on killing himself. He couldn't live in a world without Danielle. He softly pressed his lips against hers.

"I love you Elle."

"I love you too Tarrant. I better go make sure everything is getting ready."

Hatter sighed. "Yes. And Mally wanted me to make her an outfit to wear tonight so I might as well start that."

Danielle left the room leaving Hatter to get ready. She first made sure everything in the kitchen was okay. The workers were starting to work on the handfoods and make the punch. She then went into the great hall where the workers were setting up tables for the guests to sit and tables for the food and punch. She thought that everything was going well. When she turned around she nearly jumped out of her skin when she saw Chessur smiling at her.

"What are you doing?" she asked while clutching her heart.

"I'm sorry. Did I scare you?"

"Yes. I thought you were supposed to get Mirana."

"I was about to leave now. Would you like to go with me my queen?"

Danielle hadn't ventured out since she has been queen. Hatter didn't want her to go anywhere in case Iracabeth broke free but Danielle knew that everything would be safe. She really did want to go but she decided not too.

"No, I still have a lot to get done here."

"Suit yourself."

Danielle told him to be careful before he dissapeared. She helped the workers finish up with the table decorations then went to tend to the gardens. She wanted to make sure that everything was in tip top shape for the day. The floors were cleaned, the dust was washed away, and the courtyard was scrubbed. She didn't want Underland to think that she wasn't a good cleaner. Before Mirana got there, Danielle wanted to go ahead and get ready. She headed up the stairs where she fixed her hair into a cute updo. She put on lavender eyeshadow, powder, mascara, eyeliner, and soft pink lipstick.

Hatter had already set her dress along with her butterfly mask onto the bed. She put on the dress but saved the mask for later. The dress fit perfectly and she thought she looked really beautiful in it. Hatter walked into the room wearing his matching purple outfit. She smiled widely and ran over to him to give him a hug.

"I love the dress! Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. Chessur said he asked you to go get Mirana."

Danielle nodded. "Yes. But, I said no because I knew you wouldn't approve."

Hatter shook his head. "Mirana had a letter sent to me while you were getting everything ready for the ball. I don't know where to begin."

Danielle saw the fear and anger in his eyes. She had no idea what was going on.

"Just tell me."

"Iracabeth and Stayne have escaped." Hatter said.

Danielle felt her whole world spin out of control. She had no idea how they escaped the Outlands but she did know that they were coming for her. She had killed Blaze a month ago which meant that she had also killed their daughter Andromeda. She wanted to call off the ball for everyone's safety. Being a queen was hard work. You had to protect your kingdom from evil. She decided to wait until Mirana got there before she decided what to do. Everything was already set for the ball. If they just had more protection around the castle then everything would be okay. Or, at least she hoped that. She had to make a decision and fast.