‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Rules

Image

The masquerade ball was a hit. Everyone forgot about the news that Danielle had told them. Even she was starting to forget. She danced around with Hatter, a few other people, and she judged the best costume along with the best dance couple. She excused herself from the Do Do bird to get something to drink. As she walked over to the beverage table, the doors burst open revealing a thick fog of smoke. She stopped in her tracks as did everyone else. Her eyes went wide when she saw Iracabeth, Stayne, and an evil looking man that she had never seen before. He was tall like Stayne with long jet black hair that was pulled into a pony tail. He had dark eyes, olive skin, and an evil smile.

"Good evening ladies and gentleman. Where is Queen Danielle and King Tarrant?"

As on que, everyone's eyes landed on Danielle. The man smiled. She was about to walk away but the man appeared right in front of her. She nearly jumped out of her skin but remained where she was to act like she was strong. The man put his hands around Danielle's throat. At once, Hatter ran over to them. With his free hand, the man waved it towards Hatter sending him crashing into another wall. Danielle didn't know what to do. She did the only thing she could think of. She kicked upwards which caused the man to fall to his knees. That's when she ran across the other side of the room where her husband was at. She wasn't going to leave his side. She found him sprawled out on the floor. She quickly helped him up to his feet.

"Who is that man?" she asked him.

"It's Ivan the terrible." Mirana said as she walked over to them. "We have to get everyone out of here. Sky will open the secret door and start leading everyone out."

Danielle nodded. "Do it now. This man is going to start trouble."

Mirana waved her hand over at Sky. She opened the door and began leading people out. But, not that many people got out of the ball because Ivan began shooting fireballs from his hands. People started running to get out of the great hall. The doors were blocked by Stayne and Iracabeth so most of them jumped through the windows. Danielle didn't know what to do. She was frozen in her spot. She looked down to see that Hatter's costume required him to carry a sword. She grabbed it and charged towards Ivan. He had his back turned so she hoped she could easily sneak up on him. That wasn't the case. He had heard her coming and turned around. She was afraid that he would shoot a fireball out at her but instead, he used a gust of wind to push her against the wall and hold her there.

"Please, stop. They didn't do anything to you." she yelled.

Ivan smiled. He stopped abruptly and slowly walked over to where Danielle was. Hatter stood in front of his wife so Ivan wouldn't do anything to her. He just flashed Hatter a smile and shot a fireball towards Hatter. He didn't move. He would rather risk his own life to save Danielle's.

"That's very brave of you Tarrant. You have a keeper here Danielle."

"What do you want?" Danielle asked.

"We have a proposition for you my Queen. Iracabeth believes that the crown was taken from her so, in the events someone can overthrow the King and Queen on the summer solstice."

Danielle looked over at Mirana. "Is that true?"

"Yes." she replied. "It's true. Whoever wins the battle by killing the other component will get to either stay Queen or have her crown taken away."

"Are there any rules?"

Ivan shook his head. "Nope, there aren't any rules. You can have as many people helping you battle just as long as you are here at sunrise on the Summer Solstice. We will be battling at the battlefield of Spirits. Now, you have to leave the castle to us."

"Never."

"It's in the rules." said Mirana.

"Fine, we'll go through Underland to find people to help us battle."

Ivan smiled then used his forceful wind to push Hatter, Danielle, Mirana, Sky, Mally, Chessur, the Tweedles, and McTwisp out of the trapt door. Danielle tried to get back up but the door was closed in her face. She couldn't believe what was happen. She had read the rule book for the Queen but she must have forgotten about that one slight detail that anyone could overthrow the Queen in a battle. The summer Solstice which was June 21st would be in two weeks. She didn't know if she could find enough people to help her battle. They needed to know that if they didn't help, Underland would be back to the way it was nearly a month ago. No one would have anything to eat or drink, and they would fear for their lives. Someone had to help her.