‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Calypso's Revenge

Image

Danielle walked hand in hand with her husband as they headed towards the ocean. They had been there a few times but didn't stay very long. Danielle wasn't sure what everyone was doing. When they got to the ocean then what would they do? They couldn't very well swim to other Islands. She had heard that there were seven islands in Underland which were called; St. Bucko's Island, Woods of Cursed Memories, Woodlands of the Wind, Castle Of Blood Island, Jungle Of Chaos, Tunnels of the Undead, and the Dragon's Empire. Each island will have seven Deities; gods or goddesses that will help them in their battle. Or, at least that's what Mirana said. Before leaving the castle, Danielle had asked Chessur to get her the Vorpal Sword. She didn't want to go into battle without it. Mirana said that Iracabeth will have Ivan make up a lot of evil creatures that they will be battling. Danielle thought that was cheating but there weren't any rules to the battle.

As they headed down a hill, she stopped dead in her tracks. Floating in front of them was a black ship with silver sails. She had never seen a pirate ship before. It was a wonderful experience.

"Whose boat is that?" she asked Hatter.

"That would be Mirana's. She uses it to sail to the other Islands sometimes."

"We're taking that?"

"We can't very well swim there love." said Mally.

"How do we get on it? It's in the middle of the ocean?"

"I already have a few of my court on the ship. They send a small paddle boat to come get us."

As if on que, two men from Mirana's court began paddling the boat closer to them. Danielle and Hatter rushed down the hill. She almost fell but Hatter immediately grabbed her waist to keep her from falling. She looked up at him to see that he was smiling from ear to ear.

"Be careful." he said.

"I'm always careful!"

The paddle boat was big enough for everyone to fit inside. Danielle laid her head on Hatter's shoulder. She was excited about the boat but really scared because of the battle. She didn't want to die at the battle. Iracabeth was so angry about her daughter's death that she would do anything to avenge her. Danielle sighed loudly.

"I can't do this."

Everyone looked over at her.

"Danielle, you can do this." said Tweedle Dee.

She shook her head. "What if I die?"

Hatter squeezed her hand to reassure her that he wouldn't let anything happen to her. She knew that was the truth. No one would let Iracabeth kill her. That's why they were going on this adventure to get deities to help them with their battle. The small boat got closer to the big ship. Someone threw a rope ladder down and everyone began to climb up the rope. Danielle was second to the last with Hatter climbing up behind her. When they both got on the ship the Queen's court bowed down.

"My King and Queen Tarrant and Danielle Hightopp welcome to Calypso's Revenge. I am the Captain Jester Squall." a man with spiked up blonde hair, dark eyes that were lined with dark makeup said. He was actually really beautiful but Danielle wouldn't admit it.

"Thank you."

"Your quarters will be under deck. Breakfast is at eight, lunch at noon, and dinner at six. If you need anything to drink the kitchen quarters are also located under deck."

"Jester," Mirana spoke up. "We have to get extra food and drink at St. Bucko's Island."

Jester nodded. "Very well then. Everyone we will arrive at St. Bucko's in two hours. That will give you all time to unpack and get familiar with the ship."

Danielle was still wearing the lavender dress that Hatter had made her. She didn't have anything else to wear. Hatter walked over to Jester and began talking to him. Jester just nodded and said it was across the hall from our room. Danielle looked at him with her eyebrows raised.

"I wanted to make sure there was a workroom for me. I need to make us a few more outfits for the trip. Are you ready to see our room?" he asked.

"Yes."

Hatter led Danielle down the stairs which led to the bedrooms. The ships was huge and Danielle knew if she wondered around on her own she would get lost. Their room was a rather large suit with a bathroom area, a large bed, a dresser, desk, candle lamp, and a closet. Danielle thought that it would due for the two weeks on the ship. Hatter quickly went across the hallway with Danielle following after him. He knew her measurements by heart so he began to make her a blue flowing dress that didn't weigh very much along with a pair of matching shoes. For him, he made a pair of black and purple pin striped pants, a white shirt with bright colored circles on it, and made some shoes. This only took him a little over an hour to do. While waiting, Danielle began to feel a little sick. She had never been on a boat before and the motion of it was making her ill. After she tried on her clothes it hit her. She rushed up the stairs and onto the deck. She quickly vomited over the side of the ship.

Chessur appeared next to her to make sure that she was okay.

"Yeah. I think it's the sea sickness getting to me. I've never been on a boat before."

"I wouldn't know what that feels like." he said as he did a flip in the air.

"Yeah, you're lucky."

"Land!" someone yelled up in the rafters.

Danielle looked forward to see an island with a bunch of lights. She didn't know that Underland had all these islands but she had only been here a month. She couldn't wait to get off this ship for a few hours. Hopefully, they had fresh water somewhere which was what she needed.