‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

St. Bucko's Island

Image

St. Bucko's Island was filled with nothing but Pirates. Danielle felt a little uncomfortable. She had no clue that Pirate's existed in Underland. They all looked like they haven't showered in over a year. She stayed close to Hatter as he had his arm protectively wrapped around her. She kept the Vorpal Sword close to her body not daring to let anything happen to it. She also wore her wedding ring but the crown and Hatter's crown were locked away on the ship. The buildings were somewhat run down but there were a lot of hotels, taverns, and black smith buildings on the island.

Jester led them all to one of the markets. He told everyone to start picking up what they wanted. Danielle found some large jugs of fresh water. She bought those then got fruit, meat, chocolate, some candy, and some butterbeer. The worker's began to deliver the items to the ship. Danielle was about to head back but Hatter stopped her.

"We're not going back yet. We have to find Raven Valentine. She's the Goddess of Alchemy."

"What does she do?"

"She can grant or take away the knowledge of spells."

"So, she can take away Ivan's spells?"

Hatter nodded. "Yes. Mirana, do you know where Raven is at?"

"She usually hangs out of the Mystic Potion Bar. It's up over that hill."

Everyone headed up the hill excluding Jester who went back to the ship to make sure the workers didn't steal anything. So, Mirana, Chessur, McTwisp, Mally, the Tweedles, Hatter, and Danielle went into the Mystic Potion Bar. It was filled with a lot of pink and red colors like a romantic setting. Some women were pressed up against the wall drunkingly kissing men they didin't show up to the bar with. Danielle averted her eyes to the pirates that were now standing in front of them. Nearly six of them were blocking their way further into the bar.

"Can we help you?" one of them asked.

They all didn't look as grungy as the other pirates that Danielle saw. She thought they were rather clean cut.

"We're looking for someone." said Mirana.

They noticed the crown on top of her head. That's when one of them elbowed the other.

"That's Queen Mirana the white Queen."

"Yes, and Queen Danielle and King Tarrant they rule the Castle of Hearts."

The pirates stared over at them.

"Who do you want to see?"

"Raven Valentine."

"We're her protector. What do you want with her?" another one asked.

"My sister Iracabeth is planning on overthrowing Danielle."

They looked over at Danielle with wide eyes.

"We can't let Bloody Big Head do that. We heard that you are Alice's daughter. She killed the Jabberwocky and we would do anything for her blood. Stay here and we will get Raven."

The pirates headed through a red curtain. A few minutes later they retreived a woman who was a little bit taller than Danielle, she had an athletic build, jett black hair, and her eyes were constantly changing colors. She smiled warmly at Mirana as they gave each other a hug.

"You need our help Mirana?"

"Yes. My sister plans on overthrowing Danielle and Tarrant Hightopp. We can not let that happen. Danielle has changed all of Underland for the better."

"How did they escape?" Raven's voice was rather magical.

"Stayne's cousin Ivan."

Raven rolled her eyes. "I can't believe I even dated that man. He is such a slurping urpal. Of course, we will help you. We don't have a ship right now."

"That's fine. We have Calypso's Revenge."

Raven smiled widely. "It would be an honor to fight with you."

She and the pirates bowed which made Danielle smile. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as she thought it would be. They all headed back to the ship. That's when Raven called a meeting. She told them that they would need to head to the Woods of Cursed Memories to call upon her sister Richelle who is the goddess of memories. Just by looking into her eyes, your worst memories can come to life. She would be useful to distract Iracabeth so Danielle could kill her. It would be a two day journey which Danielle wasn't really looking forward too.