‹ Prequel: Painting Flowers
Status: Finished!

The Technicolor Phase

Memories

Image

Two days on the ship wasn't treating Danielle good. She had been throwing up because of the motion sickness. All she really wanted to do was get off this ship. Finally, around noon on the second day, Calypso's Revenge pulled into a harbor at Woods of Curse Memories. The island looked rather dreary and was filled with nothing but leafless trees. Danielle didn't know if she should leave the boat but staying on it would be dreadful. In the end, she decided to follow Hatter and the other's off the ship. Raven took the lead. She knew exactly where her sister Rowen was located. She lead them into town which looked like it had been deserted for over a decade. Buildings were boarded up and graffiti was painted on the rocked buildings. Danielle swallowed hard as they headed up to an erie looking mansion on a hill.

"I can't believe this is part of Underland." she whispered to Hatter.

"Not all places are filled with butterflies and rainbows." Raven said in the lead.

Hatter's emerald eyes turned gold. Danielle knew that he was also a little worried about this place. She didn't know what was really wrong with him though.

"Is everything alright?"

"Fine." he replied.

"Tarrant, I know when you are troubled."

"Rowen's magic is reaching me." he said.

That's when Hatter dropped down to his knees. Danielle screamed for help as he began to cry uncontrollably. She didn't know what to do. She knealt down next to him and tried to calm him but he pushed her away. She was caught by Sky who sadly frowned.

"Rowan is the goddess of memories. She's very talented at sending bad memories into people's minds. They are then taken back to their worst memory and it is played before their eyes as if it is happening again."

"STOP IT!" shrieked Danielle.

All of a sudden, Hatter stopped crying. He got up to his knees and stood there still for the longest time. Raven told everyone to get back as a woman with silver and black hair walked towards them. She had golden eyes, tan skin, and rather skinnier than her sister. She smiled widely at everyone then hugged her sister.

"Sorry about that." she told Hatter.

She waved her arm sending a good memory to Hatter. He turned towards Danielle and smiled.

"Sorry. Did I hurt you?" he asked while wrapping his arms around her fragile body.

"No. What did you see?"

"He saw the Jabberwocky killing his family." spoke Rowen. "I'm Rowen. Goddess of Memories. And you must be Queen Danielle. Daughter of Alice Kingsleigh. You killed Blaze which in turn killed Andromeda the daughter of Iracabeth and Stayne. Now, Iracabeth is planning on overthrowing you to become Queen. And now, you need my help to battle."

Danielle didn't know how she knew all about this but she just sat there and nodded.

"If my sister agreed then I agree."

"I did sister." said Raven.

"Then let's do this!"

Rowen kept her distance as they all walked back to the ship. Danielle really didn't want to be anywhere around her. She knew her worst memory would be taking care of her mother. Hatter turned to her and sadly sighed.

"If Rowen can do this, can I see your worst memory?" he asked.

Danielle's mouth dropped. "Why?"

"I want to see your mother."

"You don't want to see her like that."

"I haven't seen her in over a decade. Please, do this for me."

Danielle sadly looked away. Her eyes met Rowen's for the first time. She smiled then walked away. Why did Hatter want to see her worst memories. It wasn't something that she had shared with a lot of people. She had a lot of bad memories. From her father dying and her mother dying. She finally gave into his request. Once back on the ship, Rowen went into Hatter and Danielle's room. She had Danielle sit comfortably on the bed while she sat on a chair in front of her and Hatter sat next to her.

"Hold hands," Rowen stated.

Danielle sighed as she took her husband's hand with her left one-Rowen had her right hand and Hatter held onto Rowen's other hand forming a perfect circle. Rowen then told them to close their eyes and they did. Danielle sat there for what seemed like eternity. She didn't know if her worst memory was going through Hatter's mind or not. But, Rowen soon stopped.

"There's been a few cases where I can not show another person your memories and I can not see them myself." she whispered while fixating her eyes onto Danielle's. "My Queen, you're pregnant."

Danielle glanced over at Hatter with her mouth wide opened. She couldn't be pregnant; it was impossible. They were careful. Maybe that's why she was having motion sickness the whole trip, she was feeling sick from the pregnancy not the boat.