Status: Comment!!! The title change (Why Was It You?)

Wrong Things

Chapter 8- Darling Nikki

We had a couple of weeks on the tour and I was determined not to have them ruined in any way. John wasn’t going to irritate me. I wasn’t going to think about him. I was going to have fun.

The sky was gray but it was only going to drizzle for a few minutes, which wasn’t enough to cancel the concert. We were at a sound check and we were goofing around like we normally did. Gavin started to get slightly bored and started to play. I had to listen to what he was doing for a second and then I realized he was starting to play Darling Nikki by Prince.

I knew a girl named Nikki
I guess u could say she was a sex fiend
I met her in a hotel lobby
Masturbating with a magazine
She said how'd u like 2 waste some time
And I could not resist when I saw little Nikki grind

She took me 2 her castle
And I just couldn't believe my eyes
She had so many devices
Everything that money could buy
She said sign your name on the dotted line
The lights went out
And Nikki started 2 grind

Nikki

The castle started spinning
Or maybe it was my brain
I can't tell u what she did 2 me
But my body will never be the same
Her lovin' will kick your behind
Oh, she'll show u no mercy
But she'll sho'nuff sho'nuff show u how 2 grind
I rolled my eyes while I zipped up my hoodie, but couldn’t help but to laugh. Soon Foley and Brady started to join in. I continued to laugh and listen but felt a small tap on my shoulder.

“Hey Nick, can we talk?” John asked stuffing his hands into his pockets almost as if he was nervous.

This was what I was afraid of. I didn’t want anything from my birthday to be addressed, but of course, everybody has to face his or her fears sometime.

“About?” I asked tucking my loose hair behind my ear showing no sign of any fear or worry.

“Just a talk.” He shrugged.

“Sure.” I gave him a light sign and ignored the raising eyebrows of Brady and – as I followed John.

We walked to The Maine’s somewhat finished merch tent. I looked around to the corner while he closed the tent up for privacy since there was only so much around here. I would admit that I didn’t know if he wanted to talk or to just preform another prank.

“So?” I asked putting my hands into my pockets while he took his out.

“Um about your birthday.” He rubbed the back of his neck actually almost sounding nervous.

“Thanks for the present again by the way.” I added since he abandoned his sentence. “I really liked the bracelet.” I nodded. I really did. It was a nice gift, almost too nice but it was my favorite… I sound like a teenager who got a gift from their crush. John wasn’t my crush. Well he kinda was… I didn’t know anymore.

“I’m glad you liked it.” He gave me a sheepish smile looking down.

This was kind of awkward. What did he want to talk about? Why was he so quiet? John O’Callaghan was never quiet.

“Do you want to do something next stop? I mean like a… Date?” He somewhat gulped at date.

I blinked a few times before internal debate set in. I started to see a bunch of me’s in a room and one me who was dressed in blue was saying, yes go for it. You have feelings for him. Then the red me was working on the offensive and saying he was nothing but a cocky asshole that would never change. Don’t fall for his handsome face or his cute smile or green eyes. The same green eyes you had began to love looking into… the same green eyes that showed no heart when he drenched you in water. My inner thought were no help whatsoever.

“No.” I said softly.

It wasn’t a heartless no. It wasn’t a harsh or cold no. Just a simple no. That I knew I soon regret. At least I hope not.

~*~

We sat in the tent signing things for people while The Maine was preforming. We wouldn’t be doing any of it too long because we were next and had to go get ready. I usually found signing things to be the most relaxing part of the whole thing. I wasn’t so focused on what was going on behind the scenes and I liked making people happy.

“So what was that ‘talk’ about?” Brady asked while we had started heading back on the kart.

“Nothing.” I shook my head.

I wasn’t going to think about ‘The Talk’ (it wasn’t even a long talk but everybody had given it a title). I said no, and I was going to leave it at that. Since I was going to leave it at that I wasn’t answering any questions that had to do with the issue.

“There must have been something, he came out looking like a sad puppy.” Gavin turned around asking while he held his cigarette away from us and I began to warm up.

“It was nothing.” I sang going up the scale and still somewhat ignoring him.

“It was something.” Foley mimicked.

I rolled my eyes and hopped off the kart going to get a bottle of water and finish warming up. Why was everybody making it such a big deal? Like I said, one thing you lack on tour is privacy. Especially when you are on one with only guys. They had their alliance and if you were the only girl, that made you the target. But you know what, they weren’t going to break me. Not even if John looked like a sad puppy.

After an hour and some minutes we did our somewhat normal set (we flipped and exchanged some songs) I went back to the bus hoping to get a little sleep. But of course, that wasn’t so easy. John was propped up against the door with one leg up and his arms folded.

“Excuse me.” I sighed going to open the door.

“Sure.” He said getting up. “But one question.” He asked standing in front of the doorway when I walked on.

“Shoot.” I sighed and yawned.

“Why did you say no? I know it a little obvious but I also know you didn’t want to.” He folded his arms again.

I gave him a small shrug and continued to go onto the bus. I should have known that I was going to get interrogated sometime by him.

“You do know why. Just tell me.” He said following me.

“Why does it matter so much to you? And why do you want to ask me out now? Don’t you think it’s a bit too late?”

He sighed and ran a hand through his head. “No it’s not.” He got off the top step and started to walk towards me. “And it matters because nobody turns me down.”

I huffed starting to get irritated. “That’s why. You are cocky and arrogant and-.”

I was cut off when he got closer to me and had his nose to mine. “And what?” He asked.

“An ass-.” I couldn’t finish because he had pushed his lips onto mine. My eyes widened not moving at all but eventually they close and melted into his. They were soft and the kiss was gentle and… wrong.

I pushed him off and put my hand on my mouth. “Leave.” I managed to say clearly through my hand.

“Fine.” He slightly huffed turning to leave.

Sure he was upset but he’d get over it eventually. These last three weeks needed to speed by and quick.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating too much! Comment and subscribe!