Sometimes Love Isn't Strong Enough

Seven

Weeks had passed.

I was going to go home to the United States by Thanksgiving.

They told me I'd come to stay with the Hamilton's on the exchange program and I graduated high school in England. The boy who came in that night I never saw him. All I knew was I had to go home and start over. I thanked the woman Lucy and her husband for being so hospitable toward me on my stay and that I'm sorry I couldn't remember my time with them. I never did re meet their son Will but I imagined him so many ways in my mind. I settled for a cute boy with blonde hair and an inviting smile because I guess I hoped maybe living with a cute boy would have been better. But I hear he is getting married so it's just a little fantasy.

"If you would ever want to come back you are always welcome," Lucy kissed my forehead and I felt a comfort with her that I didn't even feel with my own mother. I looked at her and felt some familiarity but nothing came to my memory.

That's when I left England behind me in search of something to help me move on. No matter how hard it was.

~*~

I was home for not very long before Lily had come to attack me. She had cut her hair into an angled bob. She was mature looking now but still my best friend. When she spoke I felt like she was holding back.

"You know I have to go back to school soon," She sat up from my bed. We were laying together staring at the ceiling.

"Where are you going?" I always imagined Lily somewhere like California.

"England, we were roommates and also with another girl Lisa."

How could I forget that? My own best friend.

"What was Lisa like?" I asked.

"You guys got off to a rough start but became friends," She smiled warmly and took my hand in hers and then she stood up and put her jacket on.

"Call ya later alligator," She hugged me and then she left.

I missed so much. I just wanted to know what happened. A part of me is missing. I could feel the hollow aching feeling in my stomach. But before I could dwell too long my phone rang.

The ID read unknown. My parents had to get me a new phone when I got back home because my old one got trashed in the accident. The accident I didn't remember.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Demi, it's Will..."
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I put this on hiatus but now I'm returning if you would like me too and I shall finish this!
My writing style has changed a bit & bare with me to get this back up and running.

COMMENT!