Australia - Joe Gets the Girl

Three

Sam’s POV

Finding Kevin Jonas standing in my living room was more of a shock then you’d ever believe. There he stood, blue jeans, white, short sleeve button up wearing a goofy smile on his face. His hair was definitely shorter then when I left. His curls more tight to his head. I broke eye contact and looked down. Seeing him after all this time; it just made me think of them. Think of his younger brothers. Think of Joe and how I broke his heart. And think of Nick. I sighed. God I missed Joe.

“Kevin?” I all but whispered. “What are you doing here?”

“That’s not a nice way to greet someone you haven’t seen in three months,” he cocked his head to the side and smiled; holding his arms out wide to the side.

I smiled a little at him and approached. I slid my arms around his waist and he wrapped his arms around me; bear hugging me. I rested my head against his chest and inhaled. A hug. It had been too long.

“I’m sorry,” I told him; my voice quiet. It was like meeting him all over again. I was nervous, shy and shaking.

“It’s alright,” he replied; loosening his grip on me and taking a step back. He smiled. “How’ve you been Sammy?”

“Pretty good,” I answered; looking up at his face. He wore a soft smile; a sympathetic one. “How about you?”

“Great, to be honest,” he grinned. “I’m great. The household, not so much. But thats sort of what I’m here about.”

“Sam, you left your bag in the...”my dad’s voice came for behind me. I turned to find a confused expression on his face. “Oh. Who’s this?”

“I’m Kevin, sir,” Kevin walked to my dad and shook his hand. “Kevin Jonas.”

I saw my dad exchange a glance with Chris and he shrugged.

“Dad, this is Joe and Nick’s older brother. The eldest of the Jonas boys actually,” I informed my dad who still looked confused.

“Dad, don’t worry. He’s not in love with her too,” Chris shrugged again and I looked at him. “I already asked him. He said he’s spoken for. Kind of.”

“Which brings me back to the reason I’m here,” Kevin continued and I breathed a sigh of relief to be away from the topic of Jonas boys being in love with me.

“Please, sit,” Dad smiled and made his way to his chair.

We all sat down, Chris choosing to stay standing; leaning against the back of my dad’s seat.

“Well?” I pushed.

“A little after you left us, I asked Danielle to marry me,” Kevin smiled again.

“You what?” I asked; grinning.

“And she said yes,” he grinned in response.

“Congratulations!” I got up and hugged him again.

“Thank you!” he said. I moved and sat back down beside him. “And that’s why I’m here to see you.”

“Why?” I grew worried.

“Will you come to my wedding Sam?” he asked.

“Kevin. I don’t know,” I chewed my lip. “Joe will be there. So will Nick.”

“Well, yeah,” Kevin said. “They’re my best men.”

“You know what I mean,” I sighed. “I’m not ready.”

“It’s been three months Sam,” Kevin sat up straight. “If you aren’t ready now will you ever be?”

I stayed silent; finding my hands very interesting to look at.

“Look, it’s my wedding Sam,” Kevin sighed. “I mean, it only happens once. Well, I intend on it only happening once. I want you, my honorary little sister to be there. I love you Sam. Both Danielle and I love you to bits. We want you there.”

“I’m sorry,” I shook my head; tears filled my eyes. “I can’t.”

Kevin exhaled deeply and stood up. I followed him to his standing position with my eyes. He shook his head.

“I’m sorry I wasted your time,” he told us all. “It was meeting you Chris, Mr Riley.”

“Kevin wait,” I stood up too.

“For what?” Kevin spun around to face me. The look on his usually soft face frightening. “You aren’t going to change your mind are you?”

I shook my head slowly and I heard him groan.

“Then I guess this is goodbye,” Kevin frowned. “Have a nice life Sam.”

Kevin made his way tot he door and I stared after him.

I heard the door of his care slam and the engine start. When I heard the tires move on the gravel I turned back to face my dad.

“I can’t go back dad,” I walked to him and buried my face in his chest. “They all hate me back there.”

“From what I heard, they don’t,” Chris told me.
♠ ♠ ♠
hands up if you think Sam's a selfish bitch?
thats what i thought.
anyway. ive decided, if i update one i have to update the other.
comments?