Australia - Nick Gets the Girl

Three

Sam’s POV

Finding Kevin Jonas standing in my living room was more of a shock then you’d ever believe. There he stood, blue jeans, white, short sleeve button up wearing a goofy smile on his face. His hair was definitely shorter then when I left. His curls more tight to his head. I broke eye contact and looked down. Seeing him after all this time; it just made me think of them. Think of his younger brothers. Think of Joe and how I broke his heart. And think of Nick and how I just used him. Those curls. Nick’s curls. I sighed.

“Kevin?” I all but whispered. “What are you doing here?”

“That’s not a nice way to greet someone you haven’t seen in three months,” he cocked his head to the side and smiled; holding his arms out wide to the side.

I smiled a little at him and approached. I slid my arms around his waist and he wrapped his arms around me; bear hugging me. I rested my head against his chest and inhaled. A hug. It had been too long.

“I’m sorry,” I told him; my voice quiet. It was like meeting him all over again. I was nervous, shy and shaking.

“It’s alright,” he replied; loosening his grip on me and taking a step back. He smiled. “How’ve you been Sammy?”

“Pretty good,” I answered; looking up at his face. He wore a soft smile; a sympathetic one. “How about you?”

“Great, to be honest,” he grinned. “I’m great. The household, not so much. But thats sort of what I’m here about.”

“Sam, you left your bag in the...”my dad’s voice came for behind me. I turned to find a confused expression on his face. “Oh. Who’s this?”

“I’m Kevin, sir,” Kevin walked to my dad and shook his hand. “Kevin Jonas.”

I saw my dad exchange a glance with Chris and he shrugged.

“Dad, this is Joe and Nick’s older brother. The eldest of the Jonas boys actually,” I informed my dad who still looked confused.

“Dad, don’t worry. He’s not in love with her too,” Chris shrugged again and I looked at him. “I already asked him. He said he’s spoken for. Kind of.”

“Which brings me back to the reason I’m here,” Kevin continued and I breathed a sigh of relief to be away from the topic of Jonas boys being in love with me.

“Please, sit,” Dad smiled and made his way to his chair.

We all sat down, Chris choosing to stay standing; leaning against the back of my dad’s seat.

“Well?” I pushed.

“A little after you left us, I asked Danielle to marry me,” Kevin smiled again.

“You what?” I asked; grinning.

“And she said yes,” he grinned in response.

“Congratulations!” I got up and hugged him again.

“Thank you!” he said. I moved and sat back down beside him. “And that’s why I’m here to see you.”

“Why?” I grew worried.

“Will you come to my wedding Sam?” he asked; his face a complete mirror image of Nick’s pout.

I looked down again; looking at my hands.

“I don’t know, Kev,” I replied. “Nick and Joe will be there.”

“Well, yeah,” he half laughed. “They’re my best men.”

“You know what I mean,” I sighed.

“Sam, it’s my wedding. It’s only going to happen once and as my honorary little sister, I want you to be there,” he turned to face me; taking my hands in his. “Danielle wants you to be there.”

I looked up at him; to those eyes. Warm brown and pleading. His face was soft; the smallest smile played on his lips. How can I say no?

“Okay,” I agreed. “I’ll come. But after the wedding, I’m coming home okay? Back here.”

“That’s fine,” Kevin smiled. “I just want you to be there.”

“When’s the wedding?” I asked; smiling.

“Three days,” he smiled and my face fell.

“Three days? Does that mean we have to...?”

“Go now? Yes,” Kevin interrupted.

“But, Kevin,” I whined.

“No buts,” he shook his head and stood up; pulling me to my feet also. “You said you’d come.”

With a sigh, I smiledat Kevin and went upstairs to pack. Pack for the trip. The trip back to them, back to him. Nick.

Kevins POV

“You’re going to try and make her stay aren’t you?” Chris asked me.

I turned to him and smiled.

“I’m not going to make her do anything,” I relied; still smiling. “But hopefully, for her sake and the sake of my brothers, she will stay.”

She was coming to the wedding. That was a start. Now, it’s just up Nick and Joe to fix everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. Quick little update for you all.
Sam's headed home for the wedding.
What shall happen?
you'll all have to wait and see.