‹ Prequel: Undeniably In Denial
Status: new in written and typed forms. be patient

A New Kind of Denial

Prologue

Here are a few facts about me, before we start out: I have two fathers, I've never met my mother, and I have three last names.

Actually, I've never met either other my real parents, but I've also never really wanted to. See, when I was three, I got adopted by this amazing gay couple. That’s what I meant when I said I have two dads. One, Camron Dole, is gay, has been since he was eight, and sometimes seems like a girl. The other, Reese Karman, is bisexual, but was in denial about it until he was sixteen when Camron helped him figure things out. They dated for a few months but broke up before Reese went to college. The breakup was over a tiny little misunderstanding, but when neither of them talked to each other for three or four months, it kind of made it official. About five years passed before they ever spoke again, and in that time, Camron moved to London, England and became a model slash dancer, while Reese went to college and became the lead singer of a band that ended up making it really big in the world. To make a long story short, Reese and Camron started talking again, Camron’s fiancé got shot and died the day before they were going to go to one of Reese’s concerts, Reese took a bullet for Camron later on, they both went back home to New Jersey, Camron and Reese got back together because they both still loved each other, Reese’s band broke up a little while later because of a mixture of different reasons, and then I was adopted.

Now, you’re probably wondering still about the three last names. Well, my dad’s never got married mainly for the fact that Camron was engaged once before, as I mentioned, and that didn’t end too well. Plus, Reese always says that he’s not much of one for marriage anyways, but I think there’s a little part of him that really actually does want to get married. So since they never got married, I have both of their names. Then, they had a choice to let me keep my birth name or just give me theirs, and they let me keep it. That how I have three last names; my full name is Gavin Tyler Evans-Karman-Dole. It’s kind of ironic, though, because Camron’s middle name is Tyler also, so he and I share two names.

My dad’s and I share a lot with each other and we’re so close with each other that it’s like we’re the best of friends. I'm closer with Reese, though, and I think that might partially be because he’s the bisexual one – as am I. I figured out I liked guys a lot sooner than most would, and I think that’s because I grew up with gay parents, thus knowing exactly what it’s like and not to be ashamed or anything. Now, don’t get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm bi because I have gay parents, I'm saying I came out sooner than usual because I was completely comfortable about it. It’s kind of odd though, because I'm not blood related to either of my dads, but I'm so much like both of them in so many ways. I'm also a lot different from them in other ways, but that’s almost certainly from my biological parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
so...
how d'you like it?
it's only a prologue, so it's not meant to be all that wonderful.
i don't usually do prologues, but all of this would have been a bit hard-ish and awkward-ish to put into an actual chapter.

these cahpter are probably not going to come out as fast as the UnInDen's did towards the end, because i only have until chapter three written out, so i need to do some more writing first. sorry!