‹ Prequel: Undeniably In Denial
Status: new in written and typed forms. be patient

A New Kind of Denial

Nine

Nine - Mason

“I need a water,” I sighed, mainly just needing to get away from their arguing. I stood up and walked towards the door that led into the kitchen. “Still in the door of the fridge, yeah?” I asked on my way out, just to be sure so I wasn’t snooping through their fridge looking for a bottle of water.

“Yeah,” Jason sighed back. He probably could see my reason behind getting out of the room, but I really could care less. I do not like listening to those two fight with each other. I closed the door behind me as I walked into the clean white kitchen, but I could still hear Carson say something to Jason about Gavin. Why would he mention him?

I opened the door to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water out of the shelf before closing the fridge and leaning on it. They’ve had this argument multiple times and I've even had it with Jason a couple times. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing about it. We know it’s degrading; we know it’s potentially dangerous; we know we’re being watched by perverts; we know all of it! And we both hate it all, but we both need jobs. We’re teenagers living on our own and we need to have a steady, guaranteed income. There’s no way we can afford to quit our current jobs to try to find others that won’t be so degrading and/or embarrassing.

And I hate how a conversation about one thing can turn into an argument over another thing. It kind of really aggravates me. I don’t quite like the fact that we’re having to do this, but if we don’t talk this out with Jason then Carson’s going to keep trying things and I'm going to keep getting more pissed off and something’s probably going to happen. And it’s not going to be good. I just wish he’d see this like I do and cooperate with Jason ”Dr. Mendez”.

I uncapped the bottle and took a big swig of the water before making up my mind to go ‘do some exploring’ to get farther away from the therapy. That pretty much meant that I was going to find Gavin’s room and see if he was there or not. After a little bit of snooping in doors down the hall, I found his room, mainly by the music emanating from the doorway. The door was cracked and I could see just the edge of his bed and his legs bent upwards so they made a triangle with the bed. It looked as if he was writing or reading something and leaning it against his legs. I pushed open the door a little farther and poked my head through the door.

“Knock, knock,” I said, watching as his focus shifted to me from what I then saw was a yearbook.

“Oh, hey, some on in,” he said, surprise written on his face. “Not to sound rude or anything, but why are you here right now?”

“A, uh, emergency therapy session with my brother and Jason,”

“Then why aren’t you in there?” he asked, putting the book down on his bed as he swung his feet over the edge, onto the floor.

“Taking a break,” I shrugged, only half telling the truth. “Are you reminiscing old time?” I asked, referring to the yearbook to kind of change the subject really quickly.

“Not really,” he sighed, picking up the book again. “Come here and look.” I walked over and sat next to him on the bed, leaning over his shoulder to see what he was showing me. “It’s my dad’s senior yearbook; Reese’s, not Camron’s. I don’t think he knows I have it, actually, but I just love pulling it out to look at it. Especially this page. I guess it kind of gives me hope when I start to think about all the shit I go through for liking men. Or even when I miss my dads, like now.”

Winter Wonderland?” I read aloud, looking at the page laid out like a, well, winter wonderland. There was a huge collage of pictures from a high school dance. I didn’t quite get why this was the page he was showing me until he explained it more.

“It was the dance that they went to together. Look there; it’s kind of small, but it’s still really awesome that they put it on here at all,” he smiled, pointing to a little picture of two guys dancing slowly and blushing.

“That’s your dads, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. It gives me hope because a high school yearbook committee put their picture in there. That means that high school kids did that. They didn’t care what people thought about it, because they thought it was fine. But I just love this picture,”

“They’re really cute together,” I giggled.

“You should see them now; twenty two years hasn’t changed them as much as you would think. It’s the same thing for them raising a kid. According to Jason and Ianto, they’ve calmed down a little bit, but not a whole lot since they’ve had me to take care of.”

“So is that why you are the way you are?” I chuckled.

“And how exactly am I?” he smirked, putting the yearbook back down on the bed.

“Funny, loud, some-what shy, completely adorable,” I told him, smiling and biting my bottom lip a bit.

“You’re the adorable one,” he giggled. “I mean, look at you right there, biting your lip and blushing. That’s what’s adorable.”

I was blushing? “Shit up!” I giggled, probably looking a lot like a teenage girl as I covered up my face to hide my growing blush.

“See? You’re just too cute!” he gushed, attempting to move my hands from my face.

“No! No, don’t!” I laughed, keeping my hands glued to my face.

“Why not?”

“Because?”

“Because why?”

“Just because!” I said, my words muffled by my hands.

“That’s not good enough!” he laughed, giving up on my hands and instead, tackling me down so he could tickle the shit out of me.

“No, no, stop!” I laughed, wriggling around, trying to kick him off.

“Make me stop,”

“I'm trying!”

“Use your hands,” he chuckled, referring to the fact that my hands were still hiding my blush.

“No!”

“Why?”

“Because you’ll see my face!”

“I want to see your face! That’s the whole point!”

“Why? My face is icky!” I squealed.

“No it’s not; it’s sexy,”

“Sexy? No way!”

“Sexy as fuck,”

“Nuh-uh,” I muttered.

“Yes-huh,” he giggled, tickling my sides, making me thrash my les about, purely on impulse. I accidentally caught his hip with my knew, making him cringe and roll off me.

“Oh, shit, I'm so sorry!” I gasped, taking my hands off my face to see if he was okay. “Are you alright? I’m sorry.”

“You could kiss it and make it better,” he whispered slightly seductively, his hands on his hip as if it would help the hurt.

“You’ll have to move your hands first,” I smiled.

“Okay,” he said, smirking at me and moving his hands away from his hip, pulling up his shirt a little bit as he took his hands away. He was the one lying down, and I was the one climbing over top of him, bringing my lips down against the flesh near his pants line lightly. I loved his shirt up a little farther and came across something I wasn’t expecting; a hip piercing. I knew he had spider-bites, because it was completely obvious, being on his face and all, but I sure didn’t know about this. It didn’t look new either, so that just went to show how lenient his dads must have been. I smirked and laid a soft kiss right next to the piece of metal before biting down a little around it. “Oh, fuck,” Mason breathed.

“I take it you liked that?” I whispered, my lips flitting against his skin still.

“Yes,” he moaned quietly.

I didn’t want him to get the wrong idea or taken things too far by completely removing his shirt, so instead, I kissed up his chest – over his shirt – until I reached his neck. There, I kissed gently and alternated that and nipping, finally finding a spot that made him go crazy. When I got that moan out of him, I smirked and bit down a little bit harder, getting the absolute hottest moan ever let out from him.

“Oh you’re just too fucking good at that,” he breathed, stating to pant a bit. I smirked and moved my lips slowly up his neck, gliding over his adam’s-apple, and making my way to his lips. My ‘final destination’, if you will. There was obviously no hesitation in his return kiss, and it was amazingly perfect. That is, until we heard someone clear their throat from the doorway. We immediately broke apart and sat up as best we could, only to see Jason there, arms crossed, smirking him little ass off.

“You know, that was slightly pornographic right there,” he laughed sarcastically. “I feel like I should go to hell just because I saw that. It’s technically considered kiddy porn, if you think about it.”

“How much of that did you see?” Gavin asked, pulling his shirt back down awkwardly.

“Well,” he started, chuckling a bit as he thought of what he was about to say, “let’s put it this way; I never knew you had a hip piercing, Gavin.”

“Ah, hell,” I muttered.

“And you,” Jason added, his tone of voice changing from sarcastic to scolding. “You left this.” I wasn’t sure what he was talking about until he chucked my half empty bottle of water at my head. I just barely caught it when he said, “Next time you want to run out on one of our sessions, don’t excape to a room in my own house.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so, this chapter makes me laugh. it's kind of a filler, but it's kind of not, so you know...
hmm, anyways, you all know how much i love when you tell me what you think!
comments, por favor?

oh! and, uh....
story whorage!!
Something's Not Right Here