‹ Prequel: Undeniably In Denial
Status: new in written and typed forms. be patient

A New Kind of Denial

Two

“Oh! You’re that Gavin!” I laughed. “I could have sworn they said you were coming next week!” Gavin had a look on his face that bordered on fright, but was more along the lines of super-confusion.

“Who is ‘they’?” he eventually asked.

“Ianto and Jason,”

“You know them?”

“Nah, they just told me you were coming to visit them for two months. You know, we were just passing on the streets one say and they pulled me aside and randomly told me this,”

“Ooh, you’re sarcastic too,” he chucked, getting over his confusion a bit. “I think I’m going to like you.”

“So they haven’t said anything about me or a Carson?”

“Not that I can think of. But they just picked me up from the airport on hour or two ago. How do you guys know them? And who’s Carson?”

“Carson’s my twin brother and they’re just old family friends. We’ve known them since we were eleven,” I explained, leaving out the important part. I don’t really know why I did, because it would almost certainly come out eventually.

“Really? What’s your guys’ last name? I’m not sure if they’ve mentioned you or not.

“Waine; Mason and Carson Waine,” I said, doing a little bow-type thing. I don’t know why I did that either, though.

“Oh, you’re the Waine’s! Yea, they’ve talked about you guys a couple of times,” he said, smiling a cute smile at me. “You’re as cute as they said.”

I felt myself blushing at that; color most likely flooding my cheeks. “They said I was cute?”

“Partially, but they also said I’d probably like you two, but told me that if I was going to pick one of you it should be you, not your brother,”

“Wow, I can’t believe they actually said that,”

“Really? I sure can,” he laughed, the sound almost childish in nature, laced with a little roughness. Completely amazing, actually.

“Well, shouldn’t you be going to meet them? We’ve been standing here chatting for a while and they’ve probably been wondering where you’d run off to,”

“Eh, they know where I am. If they were too worried they’d call me,” he answered, shrugging. “but you’re right; I aught to get going soon. It was really nice running into you, Mason. Could we swap numbers so we can figure out when we want to reschedule that date?”

I smiled and wrote my cell number on his arm, then rolled up my jacket sleeve so that he could do the same. “Make sure to tell those two that I said ‘hi’, yea?”

“I’ll tell them as soon as I see them,” he said as I started to walk out of the little chocolate store. “Talk to you later!”

I waved casually and walked towards Hottopic, where my twin was bound to be. Sure enough, I found him lurking over near the studded belts on the men’s side of the darkened store. Not exactly my favorite store, but they did have some really cool stuff if you looked hard enough. “Carson, you almost ready, dude?”

“Oh, hey Mason. What do you think of this belt?” he asked, holding up a belt that had dinosaurs all over it.

“I think I have the same belt, we’re the same size, and you could just borrow mine if you ever want to,”

“Well, I could also just buy my own,” he said, shrugging.

“And spend thirty dollars on something so that we have two that are exactly alike? Yea, why not? That makes total sense,”

“You met someone,” he stated, hanging the belt back up on the rack.

“Yea, how’d you know?”

“You always get really sarcastic after you meet someone you like,” he shrugged. “So who is it?”

“Gavin Evans-Karman-Dole,” I said simply, walking past the little chocolate shop I met him at, on our way out of the mall.

“I thought he was coming next week,”

“So did I, but I just ran into him; he accidentally knocked me over and then we started talking and we swapped numbers. He’s really cool; Ianto and Jason described him just about perfectly,”

“He knocked you over?”

“Well, he didn’t mean to, and he was apologizing like crazy afterwards. He’s really nice, actually. And he’s hella funny. You’d most likely like him,”

“Yea, but you’ve already got dibs on him,”

“I wasn’t even talking about that; I was saying that you’d like him as a person. And I don’t really have dibs on him; I’m only going on a date with him. That’s not exactly what I’d call dibs. And you can’t really call dibs on a person anyways,”

“Well sure you can,”

“Not really; it’s demeaning,”

“Alright, Mr. Morals. Have it your way,”

“This is not Burger King, Carson,” I laughed, pulling out my keys and pressing the unlock button, listening as the locks clicks up before opening my door.

~~~

“Hello?” I asked after flipping open my phone a couple days later.

“Hey, it’s Gavin. This is Mason, right?”

“Yea, hey, what’s up?”

“How about that date? You up for it today?” I smiled at his voice when he asked that. I sure didn’t have to wait long for this rain cheek. “Sure, do you have anything particular in mind?”

“I just got here two days ago, Mason, I don’t quite know a whole lot of places to go,” he laughed and I subconsciously closed my eyes to soak in that sound. “You can choose this time, and next time, hopefully I’ll be able to pick a place where we can go.” Next time. I like the sound of that.

“I’ve got the perfect place in mind. What time do you want to go?”

“Any time works for me,” he answered. I could practically just see him shrugging.

“How bout I pick you up in an hour?”

“Alright; you know where my idiots live, right?”

“Oh yea,” I chuckled. “I’ll see you in a little bit then, yea?”

“Yea, see you then. Bye,”

“Bye,”

I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket, heading for my closet to try and figure out what I wanted to wear. I picked out a random tee shirt,, the dinosaur belt Carson wanted to buy, a grey jacket and a pair of slip-on Vans, and headed across the hall to take a shower. I’d decided just to keep with the jeans I had on, since they were good enough for a casual date. When I was done with my shower, I walked next door to Carson’s room, knocking slightly and sticking my head in the door a bit.

“Hey Carse, I’m heading out tonight,” I said, watching as he looked up at me over the top of his laptop. “So don’t wait up, ‘kay?”

“Mase, you’ve gotta work tonight, don’t you?” he asked, setting the computer next to him as he swung his legs over his bed to get up.

“Oh, shit,” I sighed, completely forgetting about work. “Can’t you go in for me instead?”

“Mason, how many times have I covered your ass at work this month?”

“I don’t know; five or six times maybe,”

“No, try eight or nine times; that’ll get you closer to the right number. Can’t you just cancel whatever you have going on and actually go into work tonight?”

“Not really, Carson; I’ve already had to reschedule this once. Please don’t make me have to do it again. Plus, I’ve gone in for you so many times in the past. I promise you that if you do this for me tonight, I’ll take you next three jobs, if that’s what it takes. Please, Carson, please,” I begged, surprising myself that I wasn’t already on my knees or anything. He didn’t say anything at first; instead, he stood up and walked over to me. I saw that he had a couple different chats open on his computer, and figured that one of them was probably Alexander, Carson’s new boy-toy from down in the states somewhere. He does things like that a lot; he’ll meet people online and pretend to care for them, but in reality, he’s only using them. Pretty sick of him, in my opinion. And I don’t mean sick in a nice way either.

“Alright,” he finally said, his tone of voice not exactly reassuring. I saw a smirk make its way onto his face before he finished speaking. “I’ll pick up your job tonight…under one condition.”

I groaned, knowing there was some sort of ulterior motive behind his agreement. “What’s the condition?”

“You give me a kiss,”

“That’s it?” I asked, expecting way more.”

“You give me a kiss like you mean it,” he added, “and give me a promise that we’ll continue it later.”

“No you don’t,” I warned, putting my hand against his chest, stopping him from advancing any farther. “That’s two conditions, not one.”

“Alright, then, you can go on two conditions,”

“No, Carson, please. I will kiss you, but I won’t promise anything later,”

“Then we don’t have a deal, Mason,” he smirked, knowing I’d probably eventually give in. He started walking back to his bed, and I had a mental debate about what I didn’t want to do more; ditch on Gavin, or get involved with my brother romantically…again. I groaned again, finally making up my mind, and just before he sat down again, I walked over to my twin, grabbing his arm, pulling him towards me, and kissed him hard on the mouth. I could feel him smile against my mouth as he kissed back with just as much fierceness. I reached my hand up and dug it in his hair, yanking his head away from mine harshly as I looked into his eyes and told him;

“Sometimes, Carson, I just hate you so much. This is one of those times.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooh.
see, i told you...quite interesting.lol

now, some of you guys might have seen this in the last story, but i just want to post it again::

can anybody believe that Undeniably In Denial started out as an Adam Lambert / Reese Karman pairing? yea, Reese was going to be with Adam Lambert! i can hardy believe it now that i read back throuh this. and the whole idea for that came from that one line in chapter 7. “Don’t worry; I was scared my first time with a guy too," That line was in an episode of Degrassi: The Next Generation and when i saw that, i got the idea for a guy that was in denial and then this story sparked up.

wow, this just amazes me. it really does. and you know? everyone has one person to thank for the sequel. His name is Carson Grisewood and he's a huge douche-bag that lives in Canada. a couple of my friends and i had this big incident with him a couple years back, and he doesn't even know about it, really. he knows a completely different story, and that will eventually come out in my story. see, he's in the story. under the name Carson Waine. the real story behind our incident will be a bit different, and its going to be the story that he would have known. anyways, that's not going to be the main partof the sequel, but it'll be kind of a sub-plot. the reason we have him to thank is because my friends and i were joking around one day in gym class about Carson and eventually, we devised a plan of a way to fictisiouly, severely hurt Carson (that will unfold in the story) and how to fit it into this sequel. so then i went home and mapped it all out, and now that's the basis of the story. so, just wait and see how we're going to pretend to hurt him. xD

i posted that again, because now Carson has officially come into the story.
he whole incest thing actually happened between carson and his twin brother mason. maybe not this exact situation, but they did have some incest going on between them at different points in time. also, if you've realized, mason (in the story) doesn't seem to be all too fond of carson at times. well, thats how it is in real life too. or at least, thats what he told to alexander, my friend that got involved with him.

anyways, this is getting really long, so im going to stop it before it gets even longer. lol