Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 1

WILLIAM’S POV

The flashing lights were starting to hurt my eyes. Ever since the last time I got drunk, which ended in a child, I’ve been keeping to myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kid, she’s the best. It’s just…having a kid involves a girl. Which to most wouldn’t be a problem, but the fact that I am the gayest guy I know makes it a little disconcerting to wake up with a girl lying in bed next to you.

The girl that I got pregnant and I are now good friends, which seems weird to some people, but we figured having a father and mother with her, even if they weren’t in love and didn’t like each other in that way, would benefit our daughter.

But tonight, my friends and bandmates convinced me to come out with them for the first time since Genevieve was born. I was still getting back into the whole party thing, so I wanted to take it slow, just slowly sipping on the same beer as I had when I first got here. The noise and lights were starting to get to me and I knew it wouldn’t be long until I needed to leave.

I decided to take a breather, motioning to Andy, one of my best friends, to let him know I was heading outside.

The cold February air felt great against my face, soothing my growing headache. I should have known better than to come tonight. My friends were all inside, getting wasted and picking up girls and leaving me alone to try and survive my first party in over a year.

“Your friends all getting wasted then?” a voice said to my left.

I looked over to see what was arguably the best-looking guy I’ve ever seen in my life and may ever see until I die.

“Yeah. You?” I replied, trying to keep my voice level.

“Nah, I’m as drunk as the rest.” he said, laughing. “Just trying to forget, I guess.”

“Then what are you doing out here? Shouldn’t you be inside?”

“Let’s just say….the thing I’m trying to forget is inside dancing with someone else.”

“Oh.” I said. “Well, good thing you’re out here, then.”

“Yeah.” he said. “I’m Gabe.”

“William. Nice to meet you.” I said, shaking his outstretched hand.

Gabe… I like it. It also sounds familiar…

“Likewise. So are you in a band or just here to party?”

“In a band. They’re all drunk though, so that’s fun.” I said, shrugging.

“Cool. Not that your band abandoned you, the other thing.” he said, slightly slurring his words. I swear that beer bottle was full when I got here… “What band are you in?”

“The Academy Is… We just got signed to Decaydance, so it’s not like you’d have heard of us yet…” I said, sheepishly.

“Dude! Welcome to the family man!” Gabe said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. “We’re signed to Decaydance, too!”

“Really?” I said. “Maybe we’ll be seeing more of each other then.”

“I’d like that a lot. You seem like a pretty cool guy.”

“You too.” I said, blushing. I don’t’ know if this guy is even interested in me, or guys in general for that matter, but he sure is cute and good at flirting…

Wait. I have to stop this. I don’t even know if he’s gay and I’m already starting to fall for him. I don’t do stuff like this. I took a long drink of my beer and looked back at Gabe to see him smiling at me warmly.

“What?” I said.

“You look like you could use a refill.” he said, gesturing at my empty bottle. “Wanna go get another with me?”

That was it. All it took was that crooked grin and I was a goner. I nodded slowly and blushed when he took me by the hand and led me into the fray.

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

Several beers and copious amounts of shots later, we’re both shitfaced. We’re giggling like mad as we make fun of a girl and a guy looking super awkward dancing with each other.

“See, you just can’t do that.” I said. “If it’s awkward at all, you’re just.. you’re just like… finished. From the very beginning, man.”

“Too true.” he said, smiling that crooked smile again. “You and me, we’re going places. It’s not awkward at all.”

That made my heart swell. He liked me. He wanted to be at least friends, maybe, hopefully, something more. My drunken mind took this thought and ran with it. I leaned in slowly and felt the cliché sparks and fireworks as our lips touched lightly.

I pulled back slightly to see if he was okay with where I was leading this night.

His eyes were closed, his lips still puckered, mouth hanging slightly open, seemingly still in shock from the sudden kiss.

He slowly opened his eyes and smiled. “Wanna get out of here?” he asked.

I nodded quickly. “With you? I’d go anywhere.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know that William had his kid while the band was already started, but for purposes of this story, it happened right when they started out. Actually, just all the facts that are in the wrong place, ignore it. It’s mainly factually based, but that’s what creative license is for.

I hope you liked it! Comment/Subscribe to tell me what you think!

Also, I have the next chapter pre-written. So if you guys comment enough... I can put it up tonight.