Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 10

WILLIAM’S POV

I was having trouble sleeping. It was hard when I knew that if I rolled over, I would literally be on top of Gabe Saporta. Genevieve decided she got to pick where we slept and figured Gabe and I should be next to each other. She’s only 4, but she knows what’s up. My wife said she got it from me, but if I had the ability to read and react to any situation like she did, I would be asleep right now. But since I don’t, I’m lying here, facing away from Gabe and worrying about what would happen if I cuddled up to him in my sleep.

I know we’re technically going out, but I’m still worried that I’ll wake up and it’ll all be a dream. I didn’t even think we could be friends after what happened, let alone boyfriends. It all seemed too good to be true and I was a little worried, so sue me. I hadn’t had a relationship since the boyfriend I had just after Genevieve was born and that turned out to be an absolute disaster.

Genevieve knew that I was gay, well, not in so many words, but she knew I dated men and I was fine with that. I also promised her that she could have veto rights on any guy I ended up dating. Even when she was a newborn, she knew my last boyfriend was no good. She would always cry whenever he looked at her and I just wrote it off to the fact that she didn’t really know him. She’s got this weird sixth sense or something, I swear.

But she liked Gabe… So I had nothing to worry about… right?

I stood up and walked to the kitchen, carefully so as to not wake up Gabe or Genevieve. All this thinking was keeping me awake and there was no way I could sleep with the person I was thinking about right next to me.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.

“William, you’ve got yourself in to deep.” I muttered.

I moved to the fridge and got a glass of water. Sitting down one of the stools, I laid my head on the cool metal counter of the island in the middle of the kitchen.

“Whatcha doing awake?” I heard a sleepy voice whisper from the doorway.

“Couldn’t sleep.” I said, watching Gabe as he sat down on the stool next to me.

“That sucks, man.” he said. “I just woke up and was worried when you weren’t there.”

“Yeah, I’m just… thinking things through. Too many thoughts running through my head.”

“I know what that’s like.” Gabe said. “Talking about it helps?”

I smiled at his hopeful eyes and leaned on his shoulder.

“It’s just hard to believe this is real. It seems way to good to be true.” I said, breathing in his spicy and sweet personal scent.

“I know what you mean.” Gabe said, wrapping his arms around me. “I thought you’d hate me. I was so terrible to you the day we met…I thought you’d never forgive me and I’d be a heartbroken mess for a while…”

“I could never hate you.” I confessed, looking him in the eye. “I like you way too much to even think about hating you.”

“I like you a lot, too.” he said, leaning a bit closer.

Our lips met and I felt the tingles surge through my whole body. There was no second-kiss drop-off whatsoever. If anything, this one was even better than the first. Our lips moved together and we both smiled into the kiss. We stayed like that for a while, I’m not sure how long, but never progressing past simple kissing. When we pulled away, we had equally big smiles across our faces.

“I’m so glad I can finally call you mine.” I whispered, leaning my head to rest against his neck, kissing the skin there lightly. I felt Gabe shiver under the light kiss and smirked against the skin. “I do believe I’ve found a weak spot.”

“Mmmm…Maybe.” Gabe said, moaning lightly.

I pulled away and smiling, pecking his lips lightly.

“Oh, you dirty little tease.” Gabe said, finally opening his eyes.

“Genevieve is in the next room.” I said, smirking. “She could wake up and come in any moment.”

Gabe sighed and hugged me tightly against his chest. I smiled and snuggled up to him.
Ilove like the way his arms felt around me…
♠ ♠ ♠
I know there's a lot of description and thoughts in this chapter, but stick with me.....