Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 11

GABE’S POV

William leaned into my chest and I smiled, running my fingers through his long hair. Soon enough his breathing deepened and I leaned back to see that he was asleep. I smiled to myself and picked him up bridal style to carry him into the living room. He was so light…I wonder if he even ate anything…

I laid him down carefully in his sleeping bag and zipped it up, stroking his cheek and looking at his sleeping face. He looked so beautiful when he slept… His hair fell across his face and he had a small smile, so I guess he was having pleasant dreams.

I got into my own sleeping bag and zipped it up, lying on my side facing William, only to have him scoot closer to me and rest his head on my chest. I lay down on my back, letting him snuggle up to meI enjoyed every second of it, so I didn’t mind.

I closed my eyes and smiled, loving that I finally had William back in my arms.

WILLIAM’S POV

I woke up in Gabe’s arms for the second time in my life, only this time, I knew I’d be welcome when he woke up. I looked up at his face and smiled, slowly getting out of his grip so as not to wake him. I looked over at Genevieve, asleep in her own sleeping bag with her thumb in her mouth. I was so happy; I had the two most important people in my life in the same room, both happily asleep.

I moved to the kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I checked the pantry for possible breakfast options and found a box of pancake mix. As I made the pancake batter, I felt two arms wrap around me from behind and smiled, turning around to face Gabe.

“Good morning.” I said, pecking his lips lightly.

“Good morning, lovely.” he said. “Now, where’s my real good morning kiss?”

I chuckled and leaned in to kiss him with more passion. Our lips massaged each other’s and he got a little adventurous, grazing his tongue against my bottom lip, asking for entrance.
I pulled back and smiled at his pout. “Morning breath.” I said, smiling. “Next time, though, I promise, we’ll get there.”

“Okay.” he said, still pouting slightly. “Whatcha making?”

“Chocolate chip pancakes.” I said, turning back to the batter.

“Can I help?” he said. “I can make them into shapes!”

I laughed at his child-like enthusiasm. “Sure.”

We cooked the pancakes together, Gabe making his into various shapes while I opted for the traditional circles. We kept bumping into each other and laughing, ending up in a small batter war, which concluded in Gabe licking the batter off my cheek and me passing him a paper towel. I was not a fan of uncooked pancake batter, even if it were on Gabe.

Genevieve walked in shortly after, carrying her blanket and looking incredibly tired. We HAD been up much later than her bedtime last night and I guess it had taken its toll on her.

“Good morning, honey.” I said. “Do you want some pancakes?”

“Yes, please.” she said. Gabe “aww”ed at her early morning cuteness, causing me to smile. I was glad he liked her. I was hoping she’d be seeing him for a long time.

Gabe set a plate with heart-shaped pancakes down in front of me, kissing my cheek and sitting next to me, holding my hand underneath the table.

“Daddy, why do you get heart-shaped pancakes?” Genevieve said.

“Because Gabey made them.” I said, smiling over at him.

“Oh.” she said.

“Don’t worry, little one.” Gabe said, getting up and walking over to get her another plate of pancakes. “I made some for you, too.”

“OOH!” she squealed. “It looks like a teddy bear!”

I smiled over at Gabe and he winked, knowing I was happy he’d bonded with Genevieve so quickly.

“Daddy?” Genevieve asked. “Can Gabey come over more often? I like him.”

“If he wants to, I’d love to have him over more often.” I said, looking over at him.

“And I’d love to come over here more often.” Gabe said. “I’ll come over so much you’ll both be sick of me.”

“No, we won’t.” Genevieve and I said simultaneously. I smiled over at her and winked, glad she was so accepting of Gabe.

“Well, those were delicious.” Gabe said. “Do you have a spare toothbrush I could borrow?”

“Yeah, in the drawer to the right of the sink.” I said.

“Thanks.” Gabe said, kissing my cheek and running his hand along my shoulders as he went into the bathroom.

“Thanks for being so nice to Gabe, honey.” I said.

“He’s really nice.” Genevieve said. “And he makes you smile. You never smiled as much as you have today. And he makes me teddy bear pancakes!”

I smiled at her enthusiasm and finished my pancakes. This was perfect. Maybe Gabe should sleep over more often…Maybe he could just move in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I forgot to apologize for my long absence... I've been in England for the past month studying English Literature in Oxford, so I didn't have any internet, except for in this really sketchy internet cafe and I didn't have my laptop with me... Anyways, I hope you like this chapter and the last one...

Here's the big question, and I need EVERYONE to answer. All of you out there, including the silent readers/subscribers:

This is the last pre-written coupley chapter before the climax of the story and then the ending.

I can EITHER:

write more of these sweet, fluffy chapters and draw the story out a bit longer, OR,

OR

get on with the ending and finish the story in under 20 chapters... it's looking like about 15 from where we are.

If you choose the first option, it could be a couple weeks before the next chapter, and it just may be shit.

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH YOU WANT! I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN FINISH THE STORY IN THE WAY YOU'D LIKE IT FINISHED!