Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 12

1 MONTH LATER

GABE'S POV

I swear to god, I have never been this nervous in my entire life.

I've performed in front of thousands of people. I've performed for people who would decide my future. I've asked several people out on dates. Hell, I've even come out to my mother.

But I have never been this nervous or this flustered.

I kept trying to tell myself that it's only a date, but then that nagging voice in the back of me head decided i was getting to comfortable, so it perked up and whispered, it's not just a date. It's your one month anniversary. It must be perfect.

I know whatever I do, William will still love it, and he won't dump me over a bad date, even if it is our first big even together. But I still want him to love it as much as I love him.

The phone rang, shocking me out of my thoughtful state and I jumped about a foot in the air, my heart pounding against my chest.

"Hello?"

"Hey Gabey. You almost ready? I'm about to head over to your place. Jenny's got Genevieve and they're watching a movie, so I figure it's a good time to leave."

"Hey, baby! I'm ready whenever you can get your cute ass over here." oh, god, I sounded SO gay.

"Are you excited for tonight?"

"Big time." I smiled. "Will, i'm gonna let you go so I can finish something up here. I'll see you soon, okay?"

"No problem! See you soon, Gabey."

I ran around my apartment getting everything ready for later tonight. I was cooking him dinner. He thought I couldn't cook, but I've spent the last week going over to my mom's house and learning to cook. Hopefully he'll like it....

The doorbell rang and I was jittery and excited at the thought of our first anniversary.

We had been going strong since the first day in the coffee shop and I'm so glad now that I got drunk and slept with him. I know that sounds strange, but it was what brought us together and the only thing that I regret is not making William stay with me the next morning.

I checked my self in the mirror one last time before opening the door to see William's smiling face and a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Gabey!" he said "I hope this isn't too girly..."

"Not at all, they're lovely. And you look gorgeous, Willy." I smiled. He was dressed in dress pants and a t-shirt with a cardigan buttoned over it. It was more or less what he wore everyday except for the fact that everything matched perfectly.He always looked beautiful though...

“Thanks.” he blushed. “Now, where are we going?”

“I can’t tell you. That would stop it from being a surprise.” I smiled at his pout and hugged him around his tiny waist.

“Ready to go?” I said.

“Definitely.”

I led him out to my car, which was waiting in front of my building. My hands were shaking I was that nervous. I just didn’t want to screw anything up. This was a special night for us and I wanted William to have the time of his life.

We’d been driving for a while and I guess William could sense my nerves, ‘cause he leaned over and held my hand in his.

“Hey.” he said. “Don’t worry. Whatever you do, I’m sure I’ll love it.”

“I know…” I said. “I just want this to be special.”

“Not to sound ridiculously cheesy or anything, but everything you do for me is special.”

I smiled over at him, stopping at the red light.

“Everything will be okay, honey.” William said. “Nothing’s gonna tear us apart, especially not a crappy 1 month anniversary.”

“I guess I’m being a bit ridiculous…”

“Yeah, you are.” William said, smiling over at me. “I know I’m a musician, but that doesn’t mean I’m a diva.”

“Says who?” I replied. “I think you’re as much a diva as I’ll ever meet.”

“Hey, you watch yourself.” he said. “I just might have to break up with you.”

I laughed at this. “What did I say? Diva…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided for a compromise between the two!
We're gonna have two chapters of the anniversary and then go into the future a year and half the climax and then the end. Is that okay with everyone???

Also- thanks so much for all the feedback! The story has 91 readers and 20 comments and I'm so happy :) This is the most attention any of my stories has ever gotten and I can't thank you guys enough.

You guys are the best readers anyone could ask for....
BUUUTTTT I would be incredibly appreciative if you guys would comment more!
I haz 3 stars and I'd love to have more :)