Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 17

WILLIAM’S POV

Genny’s mother, Amelie, called to say hello, and it turns out that we’ll be in her hometown tonight! It’ll be nice seeing Genevieve again and Amelie always has a way of calming me down. She’s one of my best friends, besides my and Gabe’s bands. She’s always there for me and for Genevieve and I can’t thank her enough for her understanding.

I’m really excited to see my baby doll again. She’s probably grown so much since I saw her last… I’ve only ever spoken with her on the phone since the tour started, and that was 2 months ago!

I was getting ready for my show, doing hair and makeup and vocal warm-ups when I heard a knock at the door.

I knew exactly who it was. No one on the tour actually knocks anymore.

“Daddy!”

I bent down and scooped up the little ball of energy that was running towards me.

“Hey, honey!” I said. “I’ve missed you all this time! How’s mommy been?”

“It’s been fun!” Genevieve said. “She taught me to paint my nails, see?”

She flashed her sparkly pink nails at me, smiling widely, proud of her work.

“That’s beautiful!” I said. “I would let you paint mine, but I’m worried what Gabe would say.”

“From what you’ve told me, I think he’d like you even if you started dressing like a girl head to toe.”

“Amelie.” I smiled. “I’m so glad you’re here.”

“Glad to be here for you.” she said. “Genny was so excited that she gets to se you perform.”

“Yes, indeedy!” I said. “You get the best seats in the house!” I said. “Far enough away that you don’t bust an eardrum, but close enough that you get to see all the action.” Ah, the wonders of a sound booth.

“I’m so excited, daddy!” Genevieve said. “You only ever sing quietly at home and you don’t let me listen to your music!”

“That’s because I want you to form your own musical tastes.” I said. “Unless you like Miley Cyrus. Then, I’ll have to put my foot down.”

“Don’t worry. Hannah Montana is lame.” Genevieve said, smiling up at me.

“Thank god for that.” I said. “Where do you guys want to go?” It was nice- I was fairly open about my familial situation, so we could go wherever we want; we didn’t have to hide… like with some people I know…

“Ice cream!” Genevieve screamed.

“Alright.” I chuckled. “Let’s go get some ice cream.”

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

I walked back into the bus after saying goodbye to Genny and Amelie, shrugging off my jacket and throwing it on the couch.

“Was that Genevieve?” Gabe asked, looking up from his computer screen.

“Yeah, you wanna see her?” I said. “She just left with Amelie.”

“Yeah, I’d love to see her.” Gabe said.

I stepped out of the bus and called them back inside, carrying Genny up the steps and over to Gabe.

“Gabey!” Genevieve said, giggling as he lifted her up above his head.

“Hey, lovely.” Gabe said. “How’s it been without me and your dad around to bug you?”

“I’ve missed you!” Genny said. “But mommy’s fun, too! She taught me how to paint my nails, see!”

As I watched Gabe and Genevieve talking, I decided that it didn’t really matter that Gabe and I couldn’t be open about our relationship, because all that really mattered was the relationship itself… and it was going pretty well, in my opinion
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOK! A NEW CHARACTER!!! There'll only be one more new character after this, so get excited :)

Thanks to IxJustxLaugh for the epic suggestion of bringing in Genny's mom... This actually becomes a major event in the plot, so it's good that she suggested it :)

Also, I know it's kinda short... like, 200 words less than usual, but I'm updating another shorter one later tonight... SO YEAH!

IN OTHER NEWS, YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!!! YOU, YES YOU! *points at all the commenters and readers* (The commenters are more amazing, but whatevs.... you know who you are, you silent readers, you... *wags finger*)

ANYWAYS! I ASKED FOR COMMENTS AND IT HAPPENED! Not all of the subscribers commented, but we did go from 57 comments to 82... I think.... if i'm doing my math correctly.
WHICH IS INSANE!!

ALSO, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE IS INSANE??? I GOT MY 5TH STARRRRRR

So I just wanted to thank all of you who've been reading and commenting and recommending it to others, because I really, really, really truly appreciate it :)

ALSO: ZombieChild has some epic stories over on her profile (link belowwww) so you should check 'em out!!! SHE ALSOOOO won the 4th page commenter prize! You'll see it show up soon!!!

THANK YOU TO THE COMMENTERS:
[url=]ZombieChild[/url] - I like your determination :) and congrats! Your prize will show up soon!!!
Cardboardheart - I liked your comment... a lot. It made me laugh and cheered me up :)
musikormisery27 - Nice to see you back commenting! And I'm glad my story makes you a happy camper.
xxCook1eMonstaxx - I admire your determination ;) You're always there when I ask for a lot of comments, commenting away. Thanks for everything ^ . ^
IxJustxLaugh - I don't think I've mentioned this, but I love your username... also, I'm flattered that my story inspires you to write <3 ALSO- you pushed us onto the 5th page :) SO THANKS FOR THAT!!!
hatsu_kouen2143 - I'm glad I crack you up. Also, you're awesome for commenting so much ^_^
vae vae - Haha, I enjoyed your comment very much. HI!!!
I'd.Be.Your.Tears - Thanks for all the comments! You comment almost every chapter... I feel like I haven't checked up on your stories in forever... *decides to read the new ones later*
Danny Worsnop. - Thanks again for the mention and the comment!!!
Atychiphobia - Thanks!!! I don't really think I'm a great writer, but it's nice to know you think so! Also, what does your username mean? It sure does sound/look cool...
Pijavice - Imma need to know what your name means too.... Also, thanks for the comment!!! I wouuullddd put in a nice scene for you guys, but I suck at writing them and there's only one more opportunity... I may meet you halfway....
WTFAmber? - I love that you find my story something important enough to want to do, even though you're busy!!! And I forgive you for not commenting :)
harlequinxlovers - Dude, weirdos make the world go 'round, my friend. It's what makes this site so awesome :) And I encourage you to keep on aiming for page claim. YOU'LL GET THERE EVENTUALLY :)
Flakes - Thanks for taking your friend's advice and reading this story! She thanks you as well, I bet :) Glad to have you on board :)

I LOVLES YOU ALLL