Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 19

WILLIAM’S POV

I walked out of the bedroom that morning to find Vicky waiting for me at the breakfast table.

“Have you seen this?” she asked, turning her computer screen to face me. “Apparently someone saw you getting ice cream last night and said that Amelie is your new girlfriend. They think you’ve gone straight again.”

“What?” I said, bending down to look at the article.

The headline of the web page read:

WILLIAM BECKET: SEEN WITH DAUGHTER AND SIGNIFICANT OTHER
Beckett was sighted last night with his daughter and a woman that we can only assume
is her mother. They were looking pretty cozy, don’t you think ;)

I stopped reading. “How could they do this?” I said. “That’s ridiculous. No one can believe that…”

“Think about it.” Vicky said. “It could be worse.”

“It could.” I said. “It’s a good thing they didn’t say anything negative about Genevieve, or I might’ve had to cut a bitch.”

Vicky burst out laughing. “The idea of you actually being aggressive is just too funny.”

“Hey, I can be aggressive when I want to.” I pouted.

“You sure can, darling.” Gabe said, suddenly appearing and wrapping his arms around me from behind.

“I’m not even going to comment.” Vicky said.

“What’re you looking at?” Gabe asked, looking at the computer screen. Once he saw the headline, he detached himself from me and sat down across from Vicky, spinning the computer to face him. “Who wrote this?”

“I don’t know.” I said. “I don’t care. We know it’s stupid and untrue, so it shouldn’t matter.”

Gabe looked shocked. “How can you not be pissed about this?”

“Why should I be?”

“You’re my boyfriend. I’m your ‘significant other’. How can you be okay with people thinking it’s Amelie?”

“Gabey-“

“Don’t Gabey me.” he said. “I thought you cared about our relationship.”

“I DO care!” I said. “I care enough that I don’t care that you don’t want to tell anybody that we’re together. I know it’s not true, and you know it’s not true, and our friends know it’s not true. Why should what other people believe matter?”

“I just can’t stand the idea of everyone believing that you’re with someone else.” Gabe said. Or, rather, growled. “Soon enough, people are going to start asking you about her and it’s not like you can tell them the truth.”

“Why is this so upsetting to you?” I yelled. “How is this an issue? If anything, it’s helping! With people believing I’m with Amelie, they’re less likely to think that we’re together.”

“That’s not what I want, though!” Gabe said, obviously frustrated.

“You know, if you would just grow a pair and tell people, stuff like this would never happen!”

There was a shocked silence in the kitchen. Gabe stared at me as if I were the devil himself.

“I’m just gonna go see what the guys are doing.” Vicky said, ducking out gracefully.

“You have no idea what I’m going through.” Gabe said coolly. “I have had to change EVERYTHING for you. My entire life has changed, and while I admit, I’m much happier now, it’s not like I can adapt overnight.”

“It’s not been one day, Gabe.” I said. “You’ve had a year to get used to the idea. And you’re right; I don’t have any idea what you’re going through. Being gay has always been a part of my life. That doesn’t mean coming out to the whole world was easy, Gabe.”

“You’re so insensitive.” Gabe said. “I’m starting to wonder what my life would be like if I’d never met you.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked angrily. “That you wish you’d never gotten involved with me? That you regret ever sleeping with me?”

“Well, things would be a lot less complicated if I hadn’t.” Gabe said.

I stared at him for a second, processing what he’d just said. He looked back at me, anger flaring in his eyes, but a hint of regret playing around the edges.

“I can’t believe it.” I said.

“That didn’t come out right at all.” Gabe said.

“No. No, it didn’t.”

“I’m so-”

“Get out.” I said, turning away from him, back towards the bunk area.

“What?” he said. “Willy-“

“I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT.” I screamed at him, seeing the shock cross his features. “I can’t deal with you anymore. You want to be with me, but you don’t want to tell anyone. You can’t deal with people thinking I’m with someone else, but you can’t tell people I’m with you. I’m sick and tired of it. Get out of my bus. You aren’t welcome here anymore. We’re through.”

“Willy, I’m so-“

“Save it for someone who cares.” I said, turning away so he couldn’t see my tears.

“I guess… I’ll see you around.” he choked out. I could tell he was tearing up as well.

I heard the clink of something against the table, then the door shutting quietly.

I turned to see what he’d put down on the table.

The only thing there, except for Vicky’s computer, was a small, black velvet box. I gasped when I realized what it must be.

I picked it up with trembling hands, the tears flowing more and more.

Inside, resting in red cushioning was a simple, yet beautiful, silver ring with our initials engraved on the inside.

I was shocked...

He was going to...?

No... he couldn't have. That would mean that-

No. No, I can't think about it. It isn't happening and I can't get all emotional and excited about something thatI he screwed up.

Sisky came back in, obviously worried by Gabe’s return to the Cobra bus.

“He was going to propose.” I said.

“What?” Sisky said, obviously confused.

“Gabe.” I sniffed out. “He was going to propose, and I broke it off with him.”

“Why?” he said, obviously shocked that the so-called “perfect couple” was no more.

“Someone published an article about how Amelie is my new girlfriend.” I said. “He got jealous and we ended up shouting. Both of us said some terrible things, but he ended up saying that he regretted ever meeting me, or something along those lines. So I ended it.”

“I can’t believe it.” Sisky said. “If you two couldn’t make it, there’s no hope for the rest of us.”

He moved over to my side and wrapped me up in a strong hug. I cried into his shoulder for what seemed like ages, and was probably a couple of hours, but I lost track of time.

“I miss him already.” I said. “But I just can’t go back and face him. He screwed this up for himself. I can’t believe he would ever say that.”

“You have every right to be angry.” Sisky said. “What he said was pretty heartless. But you’ve got to decide whether you’re willing to try again.”

“I can’t right now.” I said. “I’ll think about it, but I can't just forgive him. He's being ridiculous.”I hate that bastard...I still love him... I want him back...

.... I have no idea what I want right now...
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOT AT THE DRAMA!!! You should comment and tell me what you want to happen, or else I just might have them break up permanently... you never know ;)

THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS, THOUGH, GUYS!

I'm at 129 right now, and I'd looovvveee to get to 200 before the story is over....
CAN YOU DO THAT?

And as much as I love all the people who comment like, a million times, I'd love to hear from EVERYONE....

Imma set a maximum # per chapter so everyone will comment...

You can comment NO MORE THAN 3 TIMES for EACH CHAPTER. And they must all be DIFFERENT.

I love that you guys want to get my comment # up, but I get a bit bored seeing the exact same comment over and over. I love you for helping out, and I appreciate all the comments, but I'd rather hear more than 1 phrase repeated several times... LOVE YA THOUGH!

Thanks to all the commenters!!!!
hatsu-kouen2143 - Hahah, yeah, wasn't that great? Genny is a cutie patootie :)
Atychiphobia - that's pretty cool.... I think I want the one about ducks watching you... maybe I'll change my username sometime in the near future...
harlequinxlovers - awww, it's nice that you like my story enough that you'll comment so much! I'm honored ^_^
ZombieChild - Haha, isn't Gabey cool? I've read so many fanfics where they make one character out to be the "bad guy" and even though he's screwing up so much, he's still really sweet :) Or at least, that's what I hope is what's going on....
Pijavice[/] - Haha, woootttt.... I like that you like it!
Danny Worsnop. - I actually laughed out loud at your comment. My sister thought I was going insane. But really- it made my day :)
IxJustxLaugh - I like Amelie too... I didn't want her to be a bitch. I feel like if William still wants her in his and Genny's life, then she had to be a good person.
I'd.Be.Your.Tears - They are. I mean, I understand having an unhappy ending, but I hate when they set you up for a happy ending and for no good reason hit you with a death or something...
xxCook1eMonsta - You commented.....17 times... THAT'S DEDICATION. I would get so bored doing that....

I LOVE YOU ALLLL!!!
DON'T BE A SILENT READER! I LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!

Also- apparently I have no male readers... makes me sad.... Imma go find a guy on here to convince to read my story.... I SHALL SUCCEED!!!