Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 23

VICKY’S POV

I can’t believe these two!

They’re being so ridiculously stupid!

They both obviously want each other back, but neither will apologize, either for fear of rejection, or because of shear stubbornness.

They’re literally the cutest couple that I’ve ever seen in my entire life, and I’ll be damned if I give up a chance to get them back together. If neither of them are going to fight, I’m going to have to do it for the both of them.

I walked into the Cobra bus to find a tense atmosphere.

“Gabe back then?” I said, assuming what we all knew was true.

“We just…” Ryland started.

“We don’t know how to act in this situation.” Nate finished. “It’s not like he’s ever had this happen to him before, and we’re not good at comfort in general.”

I sighed. “That’s it. Get up.”

“Where are we going?” Alex asked.

“To get the other guys.” I said. “We’re going to have an inter-band meeting. Gabe and William are being ridiculous; and since they’re not thinking straight, we’re going to get them back together.”

The other guys cheered in approval and got up eagerly, ready to do something about the depression that had settled on the Cobra and TAI buses since a couple days ago. They all wanted Gabe and William back together as much as I did, and as much as William and Gabe themselves did; the difference was, we were actually going to do something about it.

I told Gabe we were leaving for lunch and ran to the TAI bus, knocking on the door and smiling at Sisky when he opened the door.

“Is William crying?” I asked, my smile fading at the silence that was echoing throughout the bus.

“Yes.” he sighed. “All we want is for him to be happy… He can’t go on torturing himself like this!”

“Exactly.” I said, pleased he would be on board. “Get everyone but William together and meet us at the ice cream place across the street. We’re having an inter-band meeting.”

“Okay…” Sisky said. “What about?”

“It’s a meeting to save the Gabilliam.” I said. “Just come on. Be there in 15 minutes or I’ll kick your ass.”

“Hey, Vicky?” Sisky said as I was walking away.

“Yeah?” I said, turning to face him. I was shocked to find him blushing slightly.

“You look really beautiful today.” he said, going as red as a tomato.

I stood there, shocked for a moment. “Thanks.” I said. “You’re not too bad yourself.”

What. Was. That?

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

“So.” I said. “You all know why we’re here; Gabe and William have broken up, and that’s not only making the shows worse, it’s making it incredibly awkward to live near them. We need to fix this.”

“How?” Sisky asked. “William’s my best friend and I don’t want him hurting, but I don’t see how we can help them out. They’re both so stubborn.”

“We need to get them back together, obviously.” I said. “But what we really need to do is to talk to them each on their own. An intervention, if you will.”

“Why did they break up, anyway?” Nate said. “I’ve only realized that they broke up because Gabe’s actually on our bus. The crying is a clue as well.”

“Gabe and William both said some things they regret, but basically, there was a tabloid talking about William and his baby mama and Gabe got jealous and angsty and William told him he wouldn’t have to deal with this kind of stuff if he would come out to the world, which he wouldn’t and he needs to do. Then Gabe started talking about how he wished his life was simple again and it ended in him saying he wished he’d never met William, which is such a lie. Something else happened, but Gabe won’t tell me.”

“I think I know what it was…” Sisky said. “After Gabe got back to the Cobra bus, I went to check on William, and he was standing in the kitchen, holding a ring. Apparently, Gabe had been carrying around this ring with him that he was presumably going to propose to William with.”

“Oh, god.” I said. “Gabe… We need to talk to Gabe.”

“So we get him on his own and talk to him about what happened, but then what?” Alex said, matter-of-factly. “This is too big of a deal for them for just a regular apology. Neither will even be in the same room as each other unless they have to. They haven’t spoken to each other at all. It’s not as if they don’t look at each other, they just refuse to look each other in the eye. But as soon as one turns away, the other is gazing longingly in his direction. It’s beyond ridiculous.”

“What we need is to help Gabe plan something…” I said. “He’s too hopeless to come up with something on his own.” I got a pen and grabbed a napkin from the center of the table and looked up expectantly. “Any ideas?”

I could have heard a pin drop in the silence at that table.

“Great.” I said. “Nice to know we’re all bursting with ideas…”

This was going to be harder that I thought…
♠ ♠ ♠
Aren't they helpful!

Also, I'm staying at a friend's house for like, 3 days, and this is the last chapter I have here with me. I'll update when I get back home, so don't expect much for the next couple days!

200th commenter is fast approaching..... ;)

Thanks to everyone who commented!!!
ZombieChild x2 - aren't you glad you got the prize??? I decided it'd be fun to let someone impact the story in a big way, so yeah :)
I'd.Be.Your.Tears - Haha, yeppp, It's getting happier, little by little. Then I'll hit you with so much fluff you won't know what to do with yourself ;)
hatsu-kouen2143 - YOU WERE RIGHT! Also, is your name from anything? 'cause it sounds kinda familiar....
xxCook1eMonstaxx x4 - I wish they were together in real life, too...
harelquinxlovers x3 - they are very much wimps. I made it like that on purpose. Wimpy guys are more fun to write :)
WTFAmber? - haha, okay! then i hope you loved this one!
Danny Worsnop. - Hey, watch the swearing! Dead fishies are serious business! And you'll see :)