Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 24

GABE’S POV

I was tired of sitting in my bunk, crying my eyes out.

I was really depressed, and that was only making it worse…

I needed to get out of this bus.

I walked outside, wondering where I could go that was away from the buses. I didn’t want to go anywhere near where the fans were… They could attack me.

I decided I was going to head to the one place I knew in this town. We were in LA, and tonight was the second-to-last performance. I was excited to go home because I could get away from all the drama, but I was also worried, since all of my things were with William. I suppose I could stay with the band again, but I hoped that something miraculous would happen that got William and I back together before I would have to worry about that.

I had barely gone 30 feet away from the bus when I was attacked. I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn’t noticed the people slowly creeping up on me.

“Go, now!” I heard a somewhat familiar voice yelling, but before I could check who it was, they’d put one of those little eye masks over my eyes. I tried to look around the edges of the blindfold, but I couldn’t see anyone or anything.

I was led away from the bus, to where, I don’t know. I got a little worried that insane fans had kidnapped me, so I decided to speak up.

“Umm…” I said. “Where are you taking me?”

“Don’t worry, Gabe.” I heard a voice that sounded like Vicky’s say. “It’s just us. We’re going to have a little chat.”

All of a sudden, the blindfold was torn away from my face and I was inside one of the dressing rooms backstage somewhere. The rest of Cobra was there, as well as everyone in TAI except William.

“Okay.” I said. “Let’s chat.”

“Gabe, you’re being ridiculous.” Vicky said.

“Yeah.” Alex said. “It’s time to stop moping around and do something about the whole William situation.”

“Guys, we’ve been over this; he doesn’t like me anymore. There’s no way he’d take me back after what I said. He won’t even look at me anymore.” I felt the tears at the back of my throat and I pressed them back, not wanting to cry again.

I hated how much I was crying. I normally NEVER cry. Now it seems like I never stop.

“I just have one question, Gabe.” Vicky said. “When were you planning on proposing to William?”

I sighed. I knew someone would find out. “I bought the ring months ago. I started thinking about it after our 6-month anniversary, and I realized that I want to spend the rest of my life with William. Then I decided it wasn’t fair to ask him to marry me, but to try and keep it a secret. So I kept the ring, just waiting until I finally built up the courage to come out to the world.”

Vicky reached over and gave me a hug. Then… slapped me!

“OW!” I yelled.

“You’re such an idiot!” she said. “You realize that all of your problems are coming from not coming out? Seriously, you’re so worried about what will happen when you tell everyone, but look what not telling everyone is doing to you!”

“You’re right.” I said. “I’ve screwed up my whole life because I couldn’t, as William said, ‘grow a pair’.”

“Wait, he told you to grow a pair?” Alex said, bursting into laughter.

“I don’t think it’s very funny, seeing as that’s how he broke up with me, pretty much.” I said, glaring at him.

That shut him up quickly.

“About that.” Sisky said. “We’ve come to help.”

“Help with what?” I asked, legitimately confused as to what would warrant kidnapping me, then staging an intervention or… whatever this is.

“We want to get you and William back together.” Andy said. “We’re tired of your moping around. It’s time to do something, and we decided you need to do something first, since you were the one that got broken up with.”

“How exactly are you going to help me?” I asked.

“Force you to do something.” Mike (Carden) said.

“You’re going to write William a letter, right here, right now.” Alex said. “Since he won’t be in the same room as you, let alone talk to you, you’re going to write everything down, and then we, the neutral parties, will deliver said letter.”

“He won’t read it.” I said. “He hates me! He won’t even look at me anymore.”

“Oh, he does plenty of looking.” Vicky said. “He just doesn’t look at you when you’re looking at him.”

I stared at her, slightly shocked. I mean, I’d hoped he was looking at me when I’ve caught him looking away quickly whenever I looked at him, but I decided it was just in vain.

“So.” Sisky said. “How ‘bout that letter now?”

I turned to find the rest of the combined kidnapping force holding out a pen and several sheets of paper, huge smiles on their faces.

I sighed and took the paper and pen, laughing at the cheers that echoed around the small room.
♠ ♠ ♠
LOOK! He's out of the tour bus!

The comments have been amazing, but I would like a million more! haha, not actually, but I expect a lot of comments seeing as there's good things happening now.

I want to hear your ideas! How about you tell me how you think they'll get back together and then I'll give the people who win shout-outs in the next author's note/chapter?

Also, STOP BEING A SILENT READER! You know who you are *points at those not commenting*

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO COMMENTED!
harlequinxlovers - Vicky is pretty cool, isn't she?
hatsu-kouen - Mhm... Poor Sisky... he's all lovestruck.... I'm glad someone's thinking rationally :) THAT'S AN EPIC MIDDLE NAME!
IxJustxLaugh - Pssshhhh... They all have working brains...whether they're using them is the question...
Danny Warsnop. - Mhm. Poor Sisky... Well... they didn't do what you suggested, but that would also work.... the getting them in the same room could be difficult seeing as Vicky is the only one who can handle complex thought right now.
KidInTheCorner - I can't wait for you to see them back together!!!
xxCook1eMOnstaxx - She is a hard ass... btw, i love the pictures! I shall definitely be using them.
WTFAmber? - I know. He's such a sweetie pie :)

PS- I've been listening to Fiction off of the new a7x album... It made me cry last night. It came on on shuffle and I was like "that's not Matt..." and then I realized it was the Rev and I started balling. It was bad. The song is all about how people will be all right when he's gone and he's basically saying goodbye... He did some demo tracks two days before he died, and was intending to come in and work with Matt on it and then... well.... Drugs, alcohol and a heart condition don't go well together...