Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 25

VICKY’S POV

Ever since Sisky and I had started setting up this thing between William and Gabe, he’s been acting strangely. We’d just come from our intervention with Gabe, and we were on our way to the TAI tour bus to talk to William.

“Hey, guys?” I said. “Why don’t we wait a second for William? Last I saw him, he was crying pretty badly. Best give him some time to calm down. We’ll meet in front of your tour bus in
about 20 minutes.”

“Sounds like a plan.” Alex said.

The rest nodded their agreement and started walking away. Sisky stayed behind though.

“Hey, Vicky?” he said. “Can we talk?”

“Sure.” I said.

Maybe I could figure out why he was acting so strangely. He and I had been pretty close, bonding over the mutual need to get away from the Gabilliam. We clicked really well, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think of him as boyfriend material. Being around Gabe caused a serious dent in the potential boyfriends. As sweet as he is most of the time, he gets incredibly protective around guys.

Sisky led me to the bus area where we’d set up a portable picnic table as a sort of neutral hang out for Cobra and TAI.

“What’s up?” I said. “You’ve been acting strangely.”

“I don’t know…” Sisky said. “Well, that’s a lie. I do know.”

“What’s wrong?” I said, hearing the sadness and anxiousness in his voice.

“Well, with William and Gabe fighting and the whole proposal business, I can’t help but thinking that maybe it’s time I found someone special, you know? I don’t want to date a fan, but at the moment, that’s the only person that would consider dating me…”

“Don’t say that!” I said. “You’re an amazing guy. You’re sweet and funny and fun to be around. I don’t know many girls who’d say no to that. You’re not at all bad looking either. Don’t sell yourself short, Sisky.”

The look on his face made me regret what I’d just said. Did I just give away the fact that I’d been falling harder and harder for him ever since we recorded Snakes On a Plane?

“You really think that?” he asked, slightly incredulous.

“Yeah.” I said. “You’re a great catch.”

He looked at me with an expression I couldn’t read. I wanted to know what he was thinking so badly right now. Had I just screwed up everything?

He smiled and leaned a little closer to me. “Does that mean that… you, maybe… like me as more than a friend?”

“It might.” I said, not wanting to give too much away.

“That would be amazing.” he said, blushing and looking down at his lap. “Because I maybe like you as more than a friend.”

My mouth dropped open.

Sisky liked me? I couldn’t believe it. Nothing ever worked out for me in the romantic side of life.

“It’s okay if you don’t.” he said quickly. “I get it. You were just being supportive. Stupid of me to assume…”

“Sisky.” I said, reaching out and touching his arm.

“I know, I know.” he said. “I won’t let this come between us. It’s no big deal. It’s not as if I haven’t been rejected before. And, you know. Look at you! You’re amazing and I’m, well- Mmh!”

I cut him off by kissing him quickly on the lips, pulling back to gauge his reaction.

His lips were still puckered, his eyes still closed. He looked utterly ridiculous, but it was incredibly adorable.

“I like you as more than a friend, too, Sisky.” I said, smiling and blushing.

“Does that mean that you’d maybe consider going out with me?” he said, looking down again.

“I’d love to.” I said, smiling widely.

“Hey, guys!” Alex said. “Vicky, what’d you do to Sisky? He’s bright red.”

“Oh, nothing much.” I said. The rest of the guys walked up behind Alex, looking just as curious. “You ready for another intervention?”

I stood up and started to head towards the bus. I gave Sisky a small wink when the others weren’t watching.

He only blushed more.

How did I get so lucky?

I couldn’t focus on that now. It was time to bust some skinny, pale ass.

William Beckett was due for a reality check. And I knew just the group of people to give it to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so maybe that chapter description was a little mean...

I have a friend who's beta-ing my last two chapters so they can be.....ahem....not complete crap. So once she's done, we'll get to the ending. I know, I know. It's sad to see it go, but it has to end SOMETIME!

We're looking at about.... 5 more chapters. Tops. There'll probably be some time between now and the next update, partly so my friend has time to Beta, and partly because I need to start working on the next story :) Ooohhh, pretty new story :)

Thanks to everyone who commented!!!
Danny Worsnop. - he does eventually, calm dowwwnn. ;)
harlequinxlovers - they'll be together soon enough, don't you worry :)
xxCook1eMonstaxx - haha, you just like Genny, don't you?
IxJustxLaugh - Yeah, Gabe was starting to even piss ME off for a while there... Don't worry, you'll love him soon enough :)
LetsFlyAway; - awwww, thank you! And don't kick a puppy! I've updated!
MeBeManda? - I think Gabe's secretly a sweetheart... I follow him on twitter and he's usually all raunchy and crude and everything, but he has these moments of eloquence and pure emotion, that's what I based his character off of in this story.
hatsu-kouen2143 - perhaps twas a bittt too carried away :) But I understand. I like your plan, but... well... you'll just have to wait and see :) The ending was written before any of the chapters you're reading now, so I know exactly what's gonna happen :)
kiinem - cookies? Did someone say cookies???
Pijavice - Sorry, bout that! I have all long chapters left over from now on, so hopefully that'll be nice for you :)
WTFAmber? - Haha, i know. Baby steps, Gabe, baby steps :P