Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 4

WILLIAM’S POV

We were doing collab song. With Cobra Starship. That’s Gabe’s band. Yeah, I still remember him. Pitiful right? I just can’t get him out of my head. I’ve seen him a couple times around Decaydance, but I always hid when I saw him coming. I’ve really come out of my shell since we started performing, but I still can’t work up the courage to talk to him.

Now I guess I’ll have to, since we’re supposed to be recording together. I hope he remembers me. Or rather, I don’t. The rejection a second time around would be worse than him just not remembering me.

What I really wish is that, by some miracle, he’s turned gay since he met me. Wouldn’t that be an ego boost. I, William Beckett, turned Gabe Saporta gay. What a thought.

“Hey, you okay?” Sisky asked. “You seem kind of distant ever since we heard about the collab song.”

Sisky doesn’t know about Gabe. He remembers seeing us together, but I told him that nothing happened. That I just went home and slept. Well…I went to someone’s home. And we did sleep, eventually. So it was only a half-lie. Ah, fuck it. He should know. I’ll be acting strangely enough around Gabe; he should at least know the reason.

“You remember that party we went to? My first, and last, one since Genevieve?”

“Yeah, I remember. You left early.” Sisky said.

“Well, yes. But I didn’t leave alone.” I said.

“So, that guy… you actually slept with him or something?” Adam said.

“Yeah. Gabe Saporta. Lead singer of Cobra Starship.” I said.

“Oh… Awkard.” Sisky said.

“You said it.” I sighed. “It gets worse, too.”

“Oh god. Tell me you’re not pregnant.” Sisky said, melodramatically.

“This is serious, Adam.” That shut him up. I rarely call him by his first name, unless I mean business. “Turns out he’s not even gay. He was just so drunk that he too what he could get.”

“Oh. Did he kick you out of bed the next morning?”

“No, I left on my own. I know how he feels. At least he isn’t a father now.”

“Yeah. How is our littlest fan?”

“She’s good. She’s with her mom right now. Don’t want her all alone when I have to go record all day long.”

Since meeting Gabe and the band, Genevieve’s mother and I had gotten separate homes. We could afford it now, and me being gone all the time kind of took its toll on Genevieve. She was always so excited when I get home and all I want to do is sleep for days and it’s not exactly encouraging for your dad to sleep for days when all you wanna do is play dress up or something.

Now I have an apartment not too far away from the studio, but I still take Genevieve for a couple weeks when I’m not on tour. But during recording, I’m out of the house so much I can’t deal with having her alone or with a baby sitter for all that time. I worry about her, you know. She’s my little girl, and my biggest fan.

“So, how do you think it’ll be recording with Gabe?” Sisky asked.

“I don’t know. To be honest, I’m still pretty hung up on him.” I sighed. “If he remembers me, it could go one of two ways. One, he could hate me and refuse to record with us now or ever again. Or two, the most unlikely of them all, he could have turned gay since I knew him and still like me. But the most likely is that he doesn’t remember me at all and it’s all in the past and we won’t have to deal with it.”

“Well, good luck, man.” Sisky said, patting me on the back. “I’m here whenever you need to talk. If it gets too much, don’t close up like you used to. I’m here to listen to whatever you need to tell me.”

“Thanks. I’m hoping it won’t get to that point, though it may.” I sighed. “Oh well. We’ll find out soon enough.”

“We’ll find out very soon, actually.” Andy walked in, holding the house phone. “That was Pete. He wants us to start recording right away. They said yes. Apparently the lead singer was a little shocked. Seemed like he knew us from a while ago.”

“That would be my fault.” I said, raising my hand slightly. “We slept together a while ago.”

“Oh! Maybe you can get together again!” Andy was really into trying to match me up with different people. He wanted me to be happy, I guess, but it got annoying after a while.

“He’s not gay.” I said.

“Oh…Awkward.” he said.

I laughed. "That’s exactly what Sisky said."

“Great minds think alike I guess.” Andy said, winking at Sisky. “Are you going to be all right recording with him, though?”

“Guys, seriously. It’s not like anything’s going to happen.” I said. “Stop worrying about me. I’ll be fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So now you get to know how William's feeling about the whole situation... Sorry if Gabe seemed to turn gay too fast in the last chapter. I was just reading over it and it was like, split-second decision. That isn't the best idea... Maybe I'll go back and rewrite it later?
Lemme know what you think!

Please, please, PLEASE (let me, let me, let me get what I want this time) comment and subscribe! It would mean the world to me!

Also, let me know if the layout is hard to read.... if it is, I'll change it. It's fine on my phone, but if you guys are reading on a computer, then I realized it can be a little bright....

PS- If you know that song, you get virtual cookies.