Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 6

WILLIAM’S POV

He remembers me! And he asked me out for coffee! He was probably just trying to be friendly, but I couldn’t help the hopeful feeling that bubbled up in my chest. I was probably acting like a douche, but I was trying not to show how happy I was. He remembered me and he was taking me out for coffee.

I slid my sunglasses over my eyes as we stepped out into the bright LA sunshine. The heat was getting to be unbearable. I hate the summer. LA just got so hot and I hated the heat.

“So, how’ve you been?” Gabe asked.

“I’ve been okay.” I said. “You?”

“I’m all right. Not the best personal life, but the band’s going well. We’re in the middle of recording our first album. We’ve been playing shows for a while and we got signed back when I met you, but recording has been taking forever.”

“Yeah. Recording can suck sometimes.” I said. “We released our first album less than a year ago. We’re working on a new one now, but we’re taking a break to work with you guys on this song.”

“Cool. You’ve been busy.” Gabe said, opening the door to a coffee shop and holding it open for me.

“Yeah, we really have.” I said. “What did you mean when you said your personal life was bad?”

He looked panicky for a second, before clearing his throat and telling me, “I haven’t exactly been on a date since, you know. And the band, especially Vicky, is worried about me. Apparently I’m not myself lately. That’s kind of why the album is taking so long. Vicky decided I should take a break and get my shit together.”

“Oh.” I said. Is it bad that I’m really glad that he hasn’t dated anyone since me? I mean, I haven’t either, but not for any specific reason. I don’t date very often. I have Genevieve to take care of and the band is always working on something, too.

“Yeah.” he said, walking up to the counter. “What would you like? I’m buying.”

“Oh, no.” I said. “You don’t have to do that.”

“I want to.” he said, smiling at me. “Now, tell the nice lady what you’d like to drink.”

“I’d like an iced chai latte, please.” I said to the woman behind the counter.

“Can I have an iced coffee please?” Gabe said. “Black, thanks.”

Gabe paid and the woman made and gave us our drinks, then we went to a table near the back with our drinks.

“So, I hope you don’t mind me asking, but who’s Genevieve?” Gabe asked, all of a sudden.

“Oh, well.” I said, wondering if I should tell him who she is.

“If you don’t want to tell me, it’s fine. I just… I thought you were gay.” Gabe said, looking down at his cup rather than at me.

“I am.” I said. “Genevieve is my daughter. She’s just about 1 year old.”

“Oh!” Gabe said, looking up. “I thought she was your girlfriend or something.”

“Yeah.” I said. “I dropped her off at her mother’s before I came today. Her mother and I… well, we’re not together, obviously, but Genevieve was the result of a drunken one night stand.”

“Really?” Gabe said. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be.” I said, smiling. “Genevieve’s my baby girl. She’s the best and I love having her.”

“No, not about that.” Gabe said. “When it happened to me, I freaked out and kicked you out. I didn’t even think about your feelings and that you could possibly understand what I was going through. You had it much worse than I did, though. You had to deal with your mistake for 9 months. It’s great that you and her mother are both in her life though. A girl needs her parents.”

I looked at his eyes and saw the sincerity in them. He really was sorry. I thought he’d just be rude about what happened and try not to bring it up as well as he could. I didn’t expect him to apologize.

“Well, apology definitely accepted.” I said. “It wasn’t too big of a deal for me.” Lie. “I was hurt, yeah, but I got over it.” Another lie.

“Yeah.” Gabe looked depressed all of a sudden, as if I’d just crushed his hopes.

“So, why haven’t you felt yourself lately?” I asked. “You seem fine to me, a little tired, but fine.”

Gabe laughed. Oh, god, that smile. He’s so gorgeous. “Yeah, I didn’t get much sleep last night. The guys wanted to have a celebration party.”

“Really?” I said. “What were you celebrating?”

“Well…” Gabe looked worried.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” I said. “I don’t mean to pry.”

“No, it’s fine.” he said. “I’m just still getting used to the discovery myself. I came out to the guys and they wanted to celebrate my newfound sexuality.”

“You’re gay?” I said. I was shocked, but incredibly excited. He was GAY! I had a chance! Not a big chance, I mean, he could get any guy he wanted to, I’m sure. But I was at least the right gender this time around. I was squealing like a little girl on the inside, but I couldn’t let him see that. I wasn’t sure if he even liked me.

“I’m at least bi.” Gabe said. “There was this guy and I just couldn’t get him out of my head, so Vicky helped me work through it and realize I was gay, or, you know, bi.”

“Well, congratulations!” I said. “How does it feel?”

“Honestly, like life just got a whole lot simpler.” Gabe said, smiling across the table at me.

“I’m glad.” I said. “Well,” I raised my cup, “to your newfound sexuality.”

Gabe laughed and clinked glasses with me.

This is going to be better than I thought…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! I updated! I have all the chapters pretty much pre-written... OH! question!!! Do you want a couple of fluffly couple-y chapters before the drama and conclusion or do you want a time jump? The couple-y chapters may suck big time, but I can try!

Let me know what you think!!!!

Comments/new subscribers make me happy :)