Status: Completed

We've Got a Big Mess On Our Hands

Chapter 9

WILLIAM’S POV

I might have been taking things a little fast with Gabe, introducing him to my daughter, but I think Genevieve will love him, and I want her to be able to get used to him being around a lot.

Gabe seemed shocked, but happy when I asked him if he wanted to meet Genevieve, which I’m hoping is a good thing. I think he was glad I trusted him enough to let him meet the most important person in my life, and I was glad he didn’t take it for granted. I wanted him to know I trust him and this is a great way to show him. I walked to the door of my apartment, where Genevieve was with her babysitter. Her mom had to work today, so I got a babysitter to watch her while I was recording.

I opened up the door, grabbing Gabe’s hand and leading him to the door of my apartment, unlocking the door and calling out to the babysitter.

“Hey, Mr. Beckett.” Jenny, the teenage girl living next door said, walking in with Genevieve in her arms. “Genevieve and I were just going to start a movie, but I guess it’s time for me to go.”

“Yeah, thanks so much, Jenny.” I said. “Here, how much do I owe you?”

“Nothing, Mr. Beckett.” she laughed. “Just make sure you get the next album to me as soon as possible, like last time. I can’t thank you enough. I love your band.”

“Thanks, Jenny, and I’ll make sure to do that.”

Jenny put Genevieve down and she ran to my feet. I scooped her up and waved goodbye to Jenny as she left.

“Daddy!” Genevieve said.

“Hey, honey.” I said. “How was your day?”

“It was good! Jenny taught me to make cookies!” she laughed.

“Were they tasty?” I asked. She nodded her head quickly. “Did you save any for Daddy?” She shook her head with a guilty look on her face. “That’s okay. We can make more some other time.”

I glanced over at Gabe who was standing awkwardly to the side, but smiling at Genevieve’s cuteness.

“Honey, this is Gabe.” I said, turning her to look at Gabe.

“Down, down!”  she said and I let her down on her feet.

She ran over and hugged Gabe around the legs. “He’s even bigger than you, Daddy!”

“Hey, little one.” Gabe said, bending down to meet her almost eye to eye. “I’m Gabe. I’m a musician, like your daddy.”

“Nice to meet you, I’m Genevieve.” she said, hugging Gabe around the shoulders.

“Genevieve, honey, Gabe and I are dating.” William said. “I wanted you to meet him.”

Genevieve turned to look at me and ran to my side, motioning for me to lean down.

“I like him, Daddy. He’s nice.” she whispered into my ear.

“Why don’t you go tell him?” I said. “I’m sure he’d love to hear that.”

“Gabe?” Genevieve said. He bent down to her level again. “I like you a lot. You make Daddy happy. He doesn’t smile enough, sometimes, but he smiles a lot now that you’re here.

“Thanks, little one.” Gabe said. “Does that mean I have your approval?”

Genevieve looked up at him, thoughtfully. “Can you make cookies?”

“I can. I like them, too.” Gabe said.

“Then yes.” Genevieve said. “Let’s watch a movie!”

She led the two of us through the entryway into the living room. I gave Gabe a kiss on the cheek and smiled at him. “I’m glad she likes you.” I said.

“Me too.”

GABE’S POV

William letting me meet his kid was a big deal for me. I’m sure it was for him as well, but he showed that he trusts me with his daughter, which is a huge thing. I want kids one day, but I guess, if I’m going to be dating guys, that isn’t going to happen. But if I end up with William…

I really need to stop thinking like that. I’ve only known him for three days, sum total. It’s not like we’re best friends who have known each other their whole lives or a couple who’s been dating for a really long time. I can’t start assuming that we’ll be together forever.

I just… I feel this pull towards him that makes me want to trust him with my life. It’s like there’s something between us that can’t be broken. I feel like he’s my best friend, even though I barely know him. I feel like I could trust him with everything and anything and he would never let me down.

All this confusion was making my head hurt. I can’t deal with stuff like this. It’s always been easy for me. I’ve never had an incredibly serious relationship and if it got to a point where I felt it was getting too serious, I would get uncomfortable and break it off.

I have a feeling this time would be different, though. I’d never felt this way towards any of the girls I’ve dated, and William is so special.

“Gabey?” I looked away from the movie to the little girl in my lap.

“Yes?” I said, smiling.

“Do you love my daddy?” she said. “Because he says he doesn’t love my mommy like he should and that’s why they’re not together.  But since he’s with you, he must love you. I don’t want Daddy sad, so I want to know if you love him.”

“Well, your daddy and I have only been together for a couple of days.” I said. “But I think that, in time, I could love him very much.” I said, smiling and looking at Genevieve, but very aware of William, who was sitting next to me, listening to everything I was saying.

“That’s good.” Genevieve said. “Because you make my daddy happy and I like you. Do you want to have a sleepover?”

I looked over at William, checking to see if he was okay with his daughter’s forwardness. He smiled and nodded, letting me know that if I wanted to stay the night, I was welcome. “I would love to have a sleepover. But where would I sleep?”

“Well,” Genevieve said, “when Daddy and I have sleepovers, we take out the sleeping bags and lots of pillows and we move the table and sleep in front of the TV so we can watch movies.”

“That sounds wonderful.” I said. “If I’m welcome, that is.”

“We’d love to have you.” William said. “Gabe, can you come help me order a pizza for tonight? Genevieve, stay here for a bit, okay?”

“Okay, Daddy.”

I followed William into the kitchen and smiled as he turned to look at me.

“Sorry if this is going to fast or anything.” William said, looking apologetic.

“No, not at all.” I said. “I mean, it’s not like you’re asking me to move in or adopt Genevieve or anything. I’m excited to spend more time with her. She’s a sweetheart.”

“Yeah, she really is.” William said, smiling at the girl in the other room. “I worry about her, sometimes, though. I mean, she has me and her mother both, but sometimes I worry that isn’t enough.”

I wrapped him up in my arms, hugging him tightly to my body. “Don’t say that. You’re the best father I know. Genevieve loves you and she’s going to grow up to do something great with her life, just like her dad.”

“Thanks, Gabey.” William said.

I smiled at the nickname he’d adopted from his daughter.

“What are you smiling about?”

“You called me Gabey.” I said. “Plus, I get to spend a whole night with you and Genevieve.”

“Is it okay to call you that?” he said, looking self-conscious. “I can stop if you want me to.”

“No, don’t stop. I like it.” I said. “Now, you said something about pizza?”

“Trust you to always be thinking about food.” he laughed.

“Hey, I’m a growing boy.” I said. “I need my nourishment.

We went back in to the room with Genevieve after ordering the pizza, sitting on either side of her on the couch, her on the ground. William reached over and held my hand behind Genevieve. I looked over at him and met his smiling face.

And as I sat there, holding William’s hand, sitting next to Genevieve and watching a moving, I thought to myself,  This is how it’s meant to be. This is where I belong.
♠ ♠ ♠
EEEEKKKK!!!!! 12 SUBSCRIBERS?!?!??

You guys are the best :)

please recommend it to other people you think would like the story! I'd really appreciate it!!!

I haven't really had enough comments to thank people yet, but I want to :)

Thanks to:
jujubbutterfly---> First commenter <3
hayhaytaytay
I'd.Be.Your.Tears
Cardboardhearts
TaylorNicole.
hugs.from.holly
WTFAmber?
Fonzeyg9

you guys are the best inspiration anyone coul ask for!!!

Also, I'm in Scotland! I'm staying at a castle. Yeah. A real castle. It's badass.

On that note, Im working off my phone, and there isn't slays wifi, so if I can't get wifi for awhile, my friend sumaya is going to upload these for me on this account and everything. So never fear!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!