Status: Finished!!

California Girl's

Chapter 12

Waking up the next morning Grayson was slightly confused as to where she was that is until she felt the arm that was around her waist tighten. She smiled as Zack pulled her on to his chest and wrapped his arms tightly around her small waist.

The pair just simply stared at each other as Grayson ran her fingers through Zack’s messy hair. Waking up next to Zack was different, but it was definitely a good. She hadn’t had a boyfriend in over a yeah and even that relationship only lasted a short two months. Most boys in Los Angeles that were her age only cared about party and hooking up with as many girls as they could, none of them wanted a serious relationship. And once Annabelle came into the picture Grayson was pretty sure she was never going to find anyone.

But with Zack things felt different. It seemed real, genuine and Grayson was actually happy.

“Good morning,” Zack mumbled as he leaned up and pressed his lips against Grayson’s softly. Grayson smiled as she pulled away and sat up so she was straddling his hips.

“Do you want to come into town with me today?” Grayson questioned.

“Sure,” Zack answered immediately as he placed his hands on her hips. “What are we going to do in town?”

“I don’t know,” Grayson started. “Avoid my aunt and uncle for as long as possible.”

Zack frowned at his girlfriend slightly as he pulled her by her forearms so that she was once again lying against his chest and held her tightly as she buried her face into his neck. He wasn’t really sure what to say to make her feel better so at the moment but he was hoping his presence was helping a little.

“Why don’t you go get ready and I’ll find something for us to eat.” Zack mumbled into her wavy blonde hair.

“Okay,” Grayson mumbled as she sat up slowly and climbed off of the bed. Zack’s heart broke slightly at the sad look on her beautiful face. He climbed off the bed quickly and wrapped her arms around her shoulders tightly and held her tightly.

“Gracie,” Zack mumbled. “It’s going to be okay.

And for once Grayson actually though so too.

~x0x~

Grayson giggled as Zack stuck his tongue out like a little kid as he tried to catch the snowflakes that were falling from the sky. He was wearing one of her uncle’s North Face jackets because he didn’t pack any of his own. He had told Grayson earlier he loved the snow and if there was anything he hated about California, it was the fact that it didn’t snow there.

“Did you know that you’re adorable?” Grayson asked as she watched her boyfriend spin in a circle.

“I was aware, thank you for pointing that out.” Zack shot back.

Grayson rolled her eyes and pulled him into a small coffee shop that she used to go to all the time in high school. “This place has the best coffee in town!” She exclaimed as she stomped her boots off in the entry way.

Zack chuckled as they walked up to the counter and placed there orders. Zack refused to let Grayson pay to which she pouted about.

They sat down at a small table by the window as Grayson broke off a piece of the blueberry muffin they had agreed to share. Zack sent her an adoring smile as he took a sip of the large coffee he had gotten.

“Let’s play twenty questions.” Zack suggested as he took a piece of the blueberry muffin.

“Okay,” Grayson said as she leaned her elbows on the table. “Favorite color?”

Zack laughed at her simple question. “My favorite color is green. What’s your favorite band?”

“Well, it changes a lot, but right now I really like The Rocket Summer.”

The questions went on for longer than twenty and started to get more personal. Some made Grayson uncomfortable while some made her laugh, but she answered them none the less.

“What’s your biggest fear?” Zack asked.

Grayson tensed up as she thought about his question. What was her biggest fear? At the moment she had several.

“I don’t know,” Grayson muttered. “Having to deal with the death of my parents? Successfully taking care of Annabelle?”

Zack realized that that probably wasn’t the best question to ask. At first he thought he would get a silly answer like spiders, but he definitely didn’t get that.

“Baby,” Zack said softly as he stood up and slid into the booth next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

“Can we go somewhere?” Grayson mumbled as she looked up at him.

Zack nodded his head and followed her out of the coffee shop and held her hand tightly as she led him down several streets before they stopped in front of an archway that read ‘Ridgewood Cemetery’. Zack gulped slightly as Grayson led him through the deep snow and passed many grave stones before they stopped in front of a large one.

Zack watched as Grayson crouched down and ran her fingers over the engravings on the headstone. Zack felt slightly out of place but when he felt Grayson’s small hand grip his he forgot about that feeling and the fact that his sneakers were soaking through with snow.

Grayson didn’t say anything she just let the silent tears fall from her bright blue eyes. She wanted to say something, but her voice was stuck in her throat.

“I’m sorry,” She choked out as she ran her fingers over the engraving at the bottom. ’Loving Parents’.

Zack pulled her against his body as they sat in front of the grave stone in the cold snow. Just simply being here was actually helping. She needed to let these built up feelings out.

Grayson stood up slowly awhile later and held her hands out to Zack and pulled him up. She giggled softly as she helped Zack brush the snow from his butt. She turned and faced the grave stone one more time and kissed her finger tips before placing them on the cold stone and turning and grabbing Zack’s hand and leading him out of the snowy cemetery.

~x0x~

It took a while and Grayson had never signed so many sheets of paper in her life, but the property was officially her aunt and uncles. She didn’t want to give the house up, it was where she grew up, but she was glad it was still in the family.

She hadn’t realized how much she missed her home until she was back, but California was her home now. She knew in the long wrong it would have better opportunities for Annabelle and the little girl may eventually like living there.

Grayson decided that she owed it to the little girl to bring her back here and she made a mental note to try and plan something, or at least try to. If she had learned anything in the last two days it was that she needed to start trying with Annabelle, because the little girl was going through the exact same thing she was.

“So what do you think?” Grayson asked Zack quietly as she leaned back against his chest. Grayson had found an old trail she used to go riding on and they had made it to a clearing that over looked the side of the mountain.

“I think that this horse scares the shit out of me.” He exclaimed as Alvin, her father’s horse, moved around slightly and Zack tried to judge how hard the fall would hurt if he fell off the large horse.

“City boy,” Grayson joked.

Zack chuckled as he kissed the side of her head. Yes he may be scared, but he was happy to be here with her.

“I’m ready to go home,” Grayson muttered as she ran her fingers through Alvin’s brown main.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really dont know when this is ending...random though, but I was just thinking about it:-)

A penny for your thoughts:-)

Read!COMMENT!Subscribe!Enjoy!