Status: Finished!!

California Girl's

Chapter 13

“I want to go home!” Was the first thing she heard as her and Zack walked through the front doors of her house. The smile that had been on her face all day was instantly knocked right off.

“You are home?” Jack said and if it were any other situation Grayson would have laughed because Jack sounded genuinely confused as to why Annabelle was asking that question.

Grayson sent Zack a fleeting look before setting down her bag and heading into the living room. Annabelle was standing in front of the large glass doors and Alex and Jack were standing across from the little girl with confused looks on their faces.

“Grayson!” Jack suddenly shouted noticing them as they walked into the living room. Grayson slowly looked from the smiles that Alex and Jack had on their faces to her little sister. Their identical bright blue eyes locked and Annabelle sent her older sister a vicious glare before running up the stairs as fast as her little legs could take her.

Grayson jumped slightly as she heard the little girl slam her door. The only reassurance she had was when Zack gently squeezed her hand that he hadn’t let go of all day.

Once Alex and Jack stopped staring up the stairs the first thing they seemed to notice were their entwined fingers.

“Well, what do we have here?” Jack questioned as a smirk set onto his face.

Grayson wasn’t in the mood for any of their antics but she couldn’t be mean seeing as they had been watching Annabelle for her.

“Was she okay?” Grayson asked quietly.

“She was fine,” Alex answered seeing as Jack was still smirking at Zack and her. “I’m not really sure why she was just freaking out though.”

“She’s mad at me because I went home.” Grayson told them quietly.

Alex was going to question the matter more, seeing as he didn’t fully understand the William’s girl’s situation, but the look that Zack sent him told him now wasn’t the time to question things.

“Let me just write you guys a check.” Grayson changed the subject and as she headed into the kitchen to find her check book, but Alex and Jack quickly chased after he.

“No you don’t!” Alex shouted as he grabbed her wrist and stopped her from walking any further. Zack had followed them into the kitchen and perched himself on the marble counter top.

“I need to give you som-“ Grayson started.

“It’s all good!” Jack shouted. “Besides Annabelle scored me a couple dates”

Grayson’s eyes widened as she swung her arm out and smacked Jack on the arm. Jack gave her an innocent look as Alex and Zack laughed from behind them.

“Thank you for watching her,” Grayson said. “I really appreciated it.”

“No problem.” Alex said. “But were going to head out. Are you coming Zack?” He asked as he sent Grayson a teasing wink.

“No,” Zack said from his spot on top of the counter. “I’m going to hang out here.”

“Okay,” Jack said as Grayson walked them to the door. “We need you in the studio by noon tomorrow.” He finished with a wink.

“Wrap it before you tap it!” Alex shouted before him and Jack ran from the house leaving Grayson with a dropped jaw.

Shaking her head she walked back towards the kitchen and stood in front Zack. Without hesitating Zack pulled her into his chest and cuddled her to his chest.

“You okay?” Zack mumbled into her hair as she ran her fingers up and down his clothed back.

“I don’t know.” Grayson mumbled into his neck.

“You should go try and talk to her.” Zack urged and he tried to push her away from himself slightly but Grayson just tightened her grip on him.

“I don’t know,” Grayson mumbled.

“Gracie, baby,” He said as he pulled her head up so she was looking at him. “Go talk to her.”

Grayson whimpered slightly as she gently placed a kiss to Zack’s lips before pulling out of his arms, instantly feeling vulnerable. She slowly turned around and headed through the living room and up the stairs.

All too soon she found herself standing in front of Annabelle’s door and she knocked softly. She heard the little girl scream ‘Go away!’ at the top of her five year old lungs.

“Can I come in?” Grayson asked quietly as she placed her hand on the door knob and turned it and breathed out a sigh of relief that the little girl hadn’t locked it.

Grayson instantly ducked as a stuffed animal was launched at her head from the little girl that was glaring at her.

“Leave me alone!” Annabelle shouted.

“Annabelle listen to me,” Grayson started.

“How come you got to go home!?” Annabelle shouted. “I bet you even got to ride Brownie!” She exclaimed, refereeing to her horse.

“Annabelle –“ Grayson attempted as she started to panic. She really didn’t know how to handle Annabelle.

“You didn’t bring me because you don’t care about me!” Annabelle shouted as Grayson tried to fight back tears. She did care for Annabelle, but she never showed it.

“Annabelle, I’m sorry but,” Grayson tried again. She just wanted to try and explain to her little sister what was going on, maybe she would understand.

“I hate you!” Annabelle shouted as she through a book at her sister which hit Grayson in the leg.

Grayson was in shock as her little sister began throwing more things at her and she backed up slowly out of the room as Annabelle ran over and slammed the door in her sister’s face.

Grayson fell against the opposite wall and slid down it as Zack, who had heard the entire thing kneeled down in front of her. He gently picked her up and carried her into her large bedroom across the hall and laid her down.

“She hates me.” Grayson mumbled as she sat up and stared at Zack. Zack sighed and walked over to her dresser and started searching through drawers for a pair of pajamas for Grayson. He walked back over to her and handed her the change of clothes.

Grayson stood up slowly and headed into the bathroom that was connected to her room. Once she was changed out of her jeans and shirt and into a tank top and green softie shorts she re-opened the bathroom door and scurried over to the bed and practically through herself into Zack’s arms.

Zack held her tightly as she silently cried into his chest. Grayson didn’t know what to do now. She had every intention of talking to the little girl, making her understand, but now Annabelle was the one that didn’t want to listen.

My, how the tables have turned.

Grayson was the one who hated Annabelle, didn’t want to talk with her, play with her, help her, and now it was biting her in the ass. Annabelle hated her and that, if Grayson was being honest with herself, broke her heart.

With those three simple words Grayson realized that their problems ran deeper than she though. That her cold attitude towards the little girl when she first got here was clearly felt. Grayson knew she brought this all upon herself and if she had just tried to accept the little girl then things may have been different.

“What do I do?” Grayson mumbled into his neck where she had buried her face.

“For now, just let her be.” Zack told her as he ran his fingers through her long dirty blonde hair. “Let her chill out.”

Grayson nodded as she allowed herself to relax in Zack’s grip, where she felt safe. The only place she felt like everything had a chance of being okay.

“Do you want me to stay with you tonight?” Zack asked her. Grayson just nodded and allowed him up so he could take his jeans and t-shirt off before he climbed under the covers with his girlfriend.

Zack pulled her up against her chest as she placed her head right over where his heart was. He wanted to help her, wanted to tell her this was going to be easy, but he knew Grayson and Annabelle had a lot of work to do before they would be okay.

Zack titled up Grayson’s chin and placed his lips against her soft one. As his tongue pushed past Grayson’s lips that feeling of safeness and calmness settled over her body as she lost herself in the kiss, at least until tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Warped Tour bright and early tomorrow:-)
Hoping to meet Hey Monday!

BTW, everybody needs to watch this, becasue if you don't love Jack already, you certainly will now! Or you will just love him more!

Thanks as always to all my lovely commenters:-)

Read!COMMENT!Subscribe!Enjoy!