Where's Your Home When You Have Not A Heart?

Part 10

"What about our tickets," Amelia asked.

Seth pointed to a man heavily cloaked, standing aginst a wall with a dirt complexion and rotten teeth and he eyed the passing crowd. "See that man. That is ow we shall get out tickets."

He walked up to the man and held out what little money he had. "I need two tickets," Seth stated. The man smiled widely and took the cash before handing to roughly handdled tickets to his mysterious buyer. Seth motioned for Amelia to follow him as he carried their luggage aboard and found their cabin.

"We're bunking in the same room," Amelia stated in shock.

"Yes- what do you expect- special treatment? We've got what we could afford."

Seth quickly pulled the curtains shut and pulled off his cloak before placing his hat on the nightstand and crawling under the blankets fully clothed. Amelia stared in an odd manner before she turned around and placed her luggage under the bed.

She thought it odd to be sleeping while the sun was out, but she felt weary and it wasn't long before she made sure Seth was sleeping and pulled the outer layers of her dress to the floor. She kept sending glaces at the sleeping figure before she crawled snugly into her own bunk and shut her eyes.