Where's Your Home When You Have Not A Heart?

Part 11

Amelia was startled when she awoke to a dark, empty room that evening. Shooting up from the covers, she pulled the blanket around her shoulders and slipped her feet over the edge of the bed before flinching them back from the cold wood floor. She took a moment to observe the room, which was damp and cold- and it seemed as if there wasn't a soul in the room.

She grabbed a clean dress, pulling it on and struggling to do it up before slipping on a pair of shoes and standing up to reach for the door. The ship moved swiftly from one side to the other, making a slight naussea develope without overtaking the brave adventurer as she creaked open the door to feel a cool breeze shiftly pass down the queit hall. Amelia remembered how crowded the hall had been that morning, despite how early it had actually been, and she was shocked.

The atmosphere was eerie, and eerie Amelia knew it would be- Searching for a vampire in the death of night. She took each step carefully, as she could see the door leading to the deck not far ahead. She was drawn towards it as she slowly krept it open to see a figure leaning against the side of the boat, at a safe distance.

She felt awkward and catious as she approached the man, unsure if it was her companion or not before she was sure it was him.

When she came close enough, she went to speak, but a swift moment too quick to react to occured. She was pushed to the ground and her friendly comanion loomed over her, bearing a bright set of fangs and a sinister expression apon his face, which caused her to shriek out in fright, but even more, shock.

"It's only me," she said quickly, hoping it would mean something and perhaps her life would be spared. Oddly, her plea seemed to work, and Seth's eyes became more clear and his new expression was something about fear as he realized where he was. He slowly pushed himself away from her and shrunk away against a wall, covering his face with his cloak and moaning, "No, no!"

Amelia was amazed as she slowly sat up to observe him, imediately feelinga certain pity for him as she figured he couldn't help what was in his nature, although her life had been in danger. Her life was still in danger, she thought. As long as she was on this journey her life was in danger.

She closed her mouth, which had been open in surprise and krept on all fours across the deck before setting herself infront of Seth, who was pursuing an emotional meltdown of some sort.

"It's alright," she assured him. "You stopped yourself." And then she smiled kindly as his welted eyes peered up from his arms.

"I may have this once- But I havn't the will to do it next time. You shouldn't have came," he said crossly. "I'm bound to hurt you- Kill you even! You are a stupid girl!"

"I know that. I know all of that- It doesn't bother me. I believe you could stop yourself plenty of times if you wished to deeply. Perhaps you need to focus on why you would like to stop the attackings," Amelia remarked kindly, coverring up her fear although Seth was already aware of it.

Seth could not think of a response, and therefore he shooed her away, telling her he wanted to me alone in a most cross of manners. She simply told him he was stubborn before marching off. Seth didn't care where she had went, or when he would see her next, but only that he was alone, and therefore, he couldn't hurt her.

He drowned himself a a pool of self-pity under the stars, deciding that he could do nothing to stop his habits, and this was simply a single occurance that would not re-occur. He decided that he did not know the reason to why he had been able to stop himself this single time. He decided that it was better that he be alone- always. And he began to realize that he did not like the feeling of being alone. And he felt a swift thought to call Amelia back, before ignoring it. He wondered why he was so drawn towards her and it was the mere subject he could not come to understand. The thought of that woman was a puzzle- the most overwhelming of troubles in the sea of his mind.