Where's Your Home When You Have Not A Heart?

Part 2

It was a night on the town; where the town didn’t want the night. The streets were deserted. The people knew walking the night was a death wish; the only wish most didn’t want. Seth had grown tired of taking lives. He sat huddled in an abandoned alley, waiting for something. He wasn’t quite sure what... but he lingered in the shadows.

His head shot up at the sound of heels- a woman. An urge started to take over him, and he fought it; he wouldn’t attack. He put down his head and pondered at the thought of the sun, becoming weary as he tried his best to drown out the sound of the woman’s shoes.

“Pardon sir, but why do you linger in the night? Do you not know it is unsafe?”

Seth looked up; started to hear a voice for the very first time since he had heard his own. He wouldn’t dare talk. He simply shook his head and observed the tall hourglass figure standing infront of him. She was young and her auburn curls bounced around her shoulders wildly.

“Have you not a destination?”

Seth shook his head.

“Do you not talk sir? What is your name?”

His name... he believed he had remembered what he had been called in previous years. “My name is Seth,” he answered.

The girl giggled like she had expected him not to answer. “My name is Amelia; it’s nice to meet you.” She held out her hand, expecting him to take it.

“You need to leave now, Amelia.”

“Whatever for?”

“It is not safe.”

She smiled,”I do not fear the night.”

“There is danger near by; you need to leave.”

“Then why do you not run? If there was danger, you also would run.”

He looked up and pierced her with his eyes. “Perhaps I am the danger,” he snapped.

He was surprised that he had talked harshly- he was surprised he had talked at all. His tongue swivelled around his mouth like a stranger, something that usually did not move as he opened his mouth to speak.

“I am sure you are not dangerous. I assure you; You do not look like a killer.”

He knew his addiction would take over soon and the girl would be killed if she lingered too long. That was the last thing he needed right now- more blood on his conscience.

“You do not know me; you cannot say if I am danger or not,” he informed her.

“You look like a gentleman to me.”

He intended to scare her as he forced his two carnivore teeth to grow more than twice their size and the girl stepped back, startled, before she ran off.