Where's Your Home When You Have Not A Heart?

Part 7

A month. A month went by ans still Seth spent night after night deep in tought and pity. Pity he felt not only for himself, but for cizilization. For the unjust society.

A month went by, and not a night went by where a thought of Amelia did not cross his mind for at least a second. He feared for her. Her type was rare and dangerous. And he wondered where he would find her if he had decided to bring her along. The time would be soon- he would have to leave. And his fickle mind would need to come to a conclusion soon. He thought, for a fact, that he was going to refuse her offer. If he didn't, however, how would he find her? Did he even know where to start? Would she be well, or would she even remember him? What if she went searching for him before he had come to a decision? Whta if she had moved on, on her own?

Seth decided that he was not needed for an adventure. But the time came, one crisp clear night, when he pulled on his cloak and pulled down on his hat. He set out down the streets, searching alleyways, and dark streets for the figure that had been impossible to forget.

And as he laid eyes on an hourglass shape, he shifted his glance elsewhere and forgot what he had been searching for. Of course, it was no woman out of the ordinary when he realized it.

He walked back to the alleyway he had first met the woman in and sat down next to the animal corpses. He sighed and threw his hat to the stone walkway at his feet.

"Goodevening, sir," he heard a voice say from the lip or the street just as he had given up on searching.

He looked up in shock and gasped as only the tint of auburn locks reflected a nearby streetlight, revealing a dim sillouette. He stook up and brushed himself off.

"The woman approached him and gave out a giggle, "I take it you've thought deeply about your offer."

Seth silently nodded, observing her pale skin, the lines of her veins running throug her neck, the loose, boucy curl rebelling from it's tight-knitted bun at the back of Amelia's head, along with her overly exposed chest, making her seem more than a wild young woman. And Seth thought, just for a moment, that just perhaps, this girl would be of some sort of disruption to his lifestyle.

"And what is your decision," she asked, her rose lips gracefully dancing on her face.

He took a deep breath and looked to his shoes for strength as he gathered together all his words. "I," he began. "Have decided to take you with me."

She smiled and turned her glance down her bare shoulder to her wrist below, holding it up infront if his face.

He shook his head. "Only on one condition," he warned. " You shall remain mortal. I could not live with the thought of creating such a monster as myself."

Amelia stood in shock, being lost for words. She did not know whether to thank him, or curse him. She decided on a friendly smile and a nod. She took the cape from her hands and swung it over she shoulders, coverring them from the chilly night air and flowing into the creases of her dress.

She finally had her chance for adventure. Her longing for danger. A life with a vampire. And a homely one at that. She understood that her lifestyle would change, and she therefore, she would need to change also. But it was what she wished for. And she was willing to change for a new life, and the life she was willing to leave behind.

"Go," Seth ordered sternly. "Get rest and gather your things. Meet me here tomorrow evening for we leave an hour after dusk."